Has anyone drive to Miami and disembarked on a week day?

FloridaGram

I am looking at a 5 day cruise so we would be disembarking on a Thursday, priority disembarking so about 7:30 AM. I know traffic will be bad but I am wondering HOW bad?

...Like any other major city, Miami is very busy during AM and PM rush hours. But, I assume you'll be driving NORTH on I-95, out of the downtown area. Won't be as bad in that direction. I would suggest taking your time leaving the ship. Go to the MDR for breakfast. If you get on the road closer to 10 am, IMHO, the better off you will be.

I used to work in Miami but lived in Ft. Lauderdale and traffic was always hell. Yes, you can count on horrendous traffic during rush hour, but even outside of those times, you'd be hit with random traffic from hell at odd hours or on the opposite direction. Many times I'd be driving away from Miami early in the morning and it would look like one long parking lot in both directions. Then the next day, it would be free flowing. I learned to take SR27 just to avoid the worst traffic jams, even though it would take me way out west.

At 730 if you are going north on I95 it won't be that bad, I can't say the same if you are coming form the north heading south. With the new Miami port exit yiu can avoid the downtown traffic.