Countdown to 1st Princess Cruise

blpilot43

...Dawn and I have been Carnival cruisers for the last 8 years, and we have decided to give Princess a run for our money. ...

So the Shareholder Benefit you got on Carnival will work on Princess too seeing Carnival owns Princess.

If you're not familiar with Shareholder benefits with Carnival - your timing is bad as the stock is up. But Cruise Critic has plenty of threads on the Shareholder topic.

BTW, nice going on the Suite - what a way to go.

I hope it's ok , I ask questions here blpilot. Not trying to hyjack(lol) your thread but since your thread is ....princess NEWBIES. I hope something I ask my help others :) my question is about formal night, other cruise lines I've been on change their days of the week for which , the formal night is on, i.e. once I had the 1st formal night on Monday, then other ship 1st formal night Tuesday(all 7 day cruises). As most of my experience is with Ncl , which has no formal night.

I was wondering does princess have SET days, for formal night or does it vary???? TY

Formal nights on Princess vary by the itinerary.

Formal nights will neither be the first night you board nor the last night of the cruise.

If we knew your itinerary, some of us could probably tell you on which nights yours will be. :)

LuLu

I hope it's ok , I ask questions here blpilot. Not trying to hyjack(lol) your thread but since your thread is ....princess NEWBIES. I hope something I ask my help others :) my question is about formal night, other cruise lines I've been on change their days of the week for which , the formal night is on, i.e. once I had the 1st formal night on Monday, then other ship 1st formal night Tuesday(all 7 day cruises). As most of my experience is with Ncl , which has no formal night.

I was wondering does princess have SET days, for formal night or does it vary???? TY

It depends. For a 7 day cruise there are two formal nights. They will not be the embarkation day or last night before you debark. That leaves nights 2 through six. You have to look at the itinerary, sea days and port times, to take an educated guess.

For your information "formal" dress is only for the MDR's. Dress in the Crown Grill or Sabatini's restaurants is always smart casual, but you will see some passengers dressed up on formal night. Dress for the Crab Shack is casual. Buffet areas are always casual. On formal nights you will see passengers around the ship in any dress from Tux and gowns to shorts and T shirt. No dress codes outside of the DR's/restaurants.

That is great news, thanks, because I want to go to the 1st formal night ( to get our picture taken) but don't plan to dress up twice. I wanted to make 2 reservations at the speciality restaurant BEFORE we board, so that great to hear... I can make my resv. And if the 2nd happens to the 2nd formal night, we're still, good in regular clothes....Thank again for reply :)

You must wait until you are on board to make reservations.

Just to clarify.... I will be UNABLE to make reservations before I board OR as a pre-caution I SHOULDN'T make them until I board (just encase info changes)

Princess doesn't take reservations for speciality restaurants until you are on the ship.

It's not a problem. Just call DINE Line once you board the ship.

Happily, you won't be charged until you actually go. :)

LuLu

So the Shareholder Benefit you got on Carnival will work on Princess too seeing Carnival owns Princess.

Carnival Cruise Lines does not own Princess.

Carnival Corp owns Carnival Cruise Lines, owns Princess, owns Holland America, and several others.