What's the furthest in advance you've booked?

Booked our cruise for this coming October 2015 in April 2014. I book early mainly to get the cabin that I like and want and then I have a long time to make payments to pay it off before the final payment date! :cool:

I tend not to book RCI cruises far in advance. I think the longest was my Allure TA, 25 October 15 booked 10 August 2014, or about 441 days. My longest RCI related was the Celebrity Infinity 16 March 2017, booked while on the Grandeur 14 March 2015, or about 733 days. My longest ever was the Crystal World Cruise 23 January 2018 booked 8 March 2015, or about 1052 days.

Roy

1 & 1/2 years...had a cruise credit burning a hole in my pocket, so I picked a cruise. I just changed it to another cruise that works better, but it's still 10 months away. Replacement cruise was originally priced the same as original, but price on both went up so we had a price increase. Also, lost some perks...but with the credit, we're still ahead of the game.

I booked one about 540 days out to get the cabin I need. I am checking everyday on a Panama canal cruise for September of next year on HAL that hasn't been released. I is driving me nuts. You can see it on the online brochure but you can't book it yet. Maybe August.

4boysnana

. ... But if the price drops, you can always call and get the lower price. ...

Might be true on some cruise lines but not on all cruise lines. Some will give some obc, some give nothing. Most price drops are for new bookings only.

We booked 20th May 2014 and we don't sail until 8th February 2016. It was close or just over 800 days can't remember now.. But we are now under the 200 days to go. Been a very long wait. But worthwhile as I have learnt so much from cruise critic.