Chocolates

1jazzylady

On all of my cruises I have been accustomed to having chocolate each night by the cruise lines. I have recently finished 2 weeks on NCL Sun in Alaska and no chocolate. I saw on their website you have to receive silver status to get chocolate and a robe. I had a robe for the first week because I had a balcony. The took the robe the second week because no balcony was available. Petty stuff, but little things matter. I also had a coffee maker for the first week which I also lost. I was able to request another robe because mine was at home which I discovered in Anchorage.

Any other things you just want to get off your chest?[emoji1]

On all of my cruises I have been accustomed to having chocolate each night by the cruise lines. I have recently finished 2 weeks on NCL Sun in Alaska and no chocolate. I saw on their website you have to receive silver status to get chocolate and a robe. I had a robe for the first week because I had a balcony. The took the robe the second week because no balcony was available. Petty stuff, but little things matter. I also had a coffee maker for the first week which I also lost. I was able to request another robe because mine was at home which I discovered in Anchorage.

Any other things you just want to get off your chest?[emoji1]

WOW...they took your robe because you did not have balcony cabin?:eek:

I have never sailed NCL but that sounds pretty weird to me.

Your cabin category dictates your robe? That doesn't sound petty

to me.....some folks always use their robes...I sail Celebrity and every

cabin gets a robe......insides up to suites.........

But as for Coffee Maker's......none of the cabins have those......but

that isn't something I care about.....but if it is important to you? Then

yes, it matters.

I think a robe is different....it just hangs in the closet........

Edited by Lois R

Yes, I always had the white spa robe, first time I didn't. I better not forget to bring my robe again. I liked Cunard, RCL and Celebrity but did not like the single supplement. Used to be able to get good rates even being solo.

Yes your cabin category decides a lot.

It is not important in the grand scheme but it used to be nice to have turndown service and chocolate on your pillow. Now I would just like decent food without having to go to a surcharge restaurant. NCL has the worst food I have come across. I think they make cafeteria food so you have to go to a specialty restaurant.

• 1 month later...
Yes, I always had the white spa robe, first time I didn't. I better not forget to bring my robe again. I liked Cunard, RCL and Celebrity but did not like the single supplement. Used to be able to get good rates even being solo.

Yes your cabin category decides a lot.

It is not important in the grand scheme but it used to be nice to have turndown service and chocolate on your pillow. Now I would just like decent food without having to go to a surcharge restaurant. NCL has the worst food I have come across. I think they make cafeteria food so you have to go to a specialty restaurant.

What did you think of the food on the Gem in August? We were on the same cruise, that was my favorite part, the food. Well actually Indian food. I had it for lunch and dinner, loved it.

I saw on their website you have to receive silver status to get chocolate and a robe. [emoji1]

Yes, it's true, you have to be silver status to receive a nightly chocolate. I'm currently bronze on NCL. I had no problem getting a robe on my Sky Bahamas cruise earlier this year. I just asked the cabin steward and he brought me one.

Yes, it's true, you have to be silver status to receive a nightly chocolate. I'm currently bronze on NCL. I had no problem getting a robe on my Sky Bahamas cruise earlier this year. I just asked the cabin steward and he brought me one.

Very good.