Transportation from LAX to Long Beach

Postman806

We are arriving at LAX at 12:30 AM. any ideas on what transportation options are available?? 6 adults and a 2 year old

Where will you be going when you arrive, a hotel ? Private shuttles (like Supershuttle or Roadrunner) are an option but they will require a carseat (for the 2 year old toddler) so if you're not traveling with one make sure the company you use offers them...You might also contact your hotel to see if they offer a shuttle service or for a suggested company. Of course taxis will always be available regardless of the time of day/night at LAX.

Edited by Ashland

First, since you want to go to Long Beach there are no hotels that offer a shuttle.

Second, almost all taxis will not accommodate 7 passengers and you would require two taxis at least.

Your best would be to go with a private van form a company like Super Shuttle or Prime Time shuttle. Both offer a private van versus a shared van.

First, since you want to go to Long Beach there are no hotels that offer a shuttle.

Second, almost all taxis will not accommodate 7 passengers and you would require two taxis at least.

Your best would be to go with a private van form a company like Super Shuttle or Prime Time shuttle. Both offer a private van versus a shared van.

Agree with the private van. Make sure you get a per van price and not a per person price. Because of the number of people, make sure you book something ahead of time. You can probably get suggestions on the west coast departure board.

There are many land transportation companies that will pick you up at the airports and take you just about anywhere in LA County (and that includes Long Beach). Check out the reviews on Yelp, local Yahoo, the western board recommendations. The major companies (Karmel, Roadrunner, Execucar, On Time, Lotus, etc) all have a website and a toll free number.

Before my last cruise (we needed a pick up from the San Fernando Valley going to the Port of Los Angeles for our cruise, and the return pickup two weeks later), I sent each company a request for a quote with the dates, our address, the number of passengers, approximate number and size of items, including hubby's guitar case) and got very quick responses from all of the companies.

You should definitely bring up the toddler and whether you need a car seat or if you're bringing it (it's a California law for kids up to a certain weight to use a special seat).

At worst stay overnight at a LAX hotel. Take the Carnival shuttle from LAX to port. Carnival uses large busses.

If you don't mind splitting up either the transportation or hotel....The parents and toddler use the Carnival shuttle and the others use something else.

Glad you got that booked. Enjoy your cruise.

Hopefully, you got some Super Shuttle discount codes from an app like "retailmenot". Most of the discount codes (some up to 15%) only work with on line bookings. There are a few, however, that the phone reps will accept.

Hopefully, you got some Super Shuttle discount codes from an app like "retailmenot". Most of the discount codes (some up to 15%) only work with on line bookings. There are a few, however, that the phone reps will accept.

I'm not the OP who asked for suggestions...I personally use RoadRunner for my roundtrip needs from my home to LAX but suggested SuperShuttle or RoadRunner to the OP. ;)