Question for Ruth

I am interested on a Nieuw Amsterdam sailing in the Med and believe I read your comments on a previous thread about the different sizes of inside cabins. Ruth would you be able to tell me which category are the largest insides on this ship. Have not sailed on HAL for many years after a disappointing sailing on the Zuiderdam in 2003 and now would like to try HAL again. It had previously been my line of choice. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I'm not Ruth, but I do have some experience on Nieuw Amsterdam and Westerdam in inside cabins. The largest are the J and K cabins on MAIN DECK ONLY. Also reported to be larger are I cabins on Upper Verandah and possibly forward on Navigation decks. But I believe not all I cabins are created equal, so be sure to ask about specific cabins. EM

No need for me to answer (just posting as I didn't want you to think I ignored you).

Essiesmom has given you a complete, and correct, answer.

All I can add is that the K-category cabins on Main Deck are aft of the aft elevators, but under the quiet dining room.

The J-category cabins are between the forward and mid-ship elevators, but are under public areas. I have never had a noise problem in any of the J-cabins (been in many of them on the various Vista and Signature ships), but lighter sleepers might.