Costal Kitchen

We are traveling on the Oasis in September and would like to get some information on the Costal Kitchen. Read the link regarding the menu but are unsure how Vineyard and Harvest Menu are used. Is one available the first half and the other the second half of the cruise? Also are these menus available all day. Do they serve breakfast?

Is the CK open all day or just certain hours? Is it available every day or only while cruising.

Would really appreciate any information you have.

P.S. [understand only available to Grand Suites & above]

I posted the following on another thread this morning. It is more than you asked but it is a full explanation:

There are two concierges in the Suites Lounge. They sit at a small desk (too small…built for one person but used by two) to the right of the entrance door. (We were told by the concierge that on the Allure they installed the desk to the left of the entrance door allowing more space.)

There is one concierge in the Diamond Lounge. He sits in at the desk were the two concierges used to sit when it was a Concierge Lounge.

ALSO:

Coastal Kitchen has its own entrance with a podium and hostess (but can also be accessed via the Suites Lounge. It serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner (two menus, second begins on day 4). On boarding day the Suites Lounge provides a serve-yourself lunch (no boarding day lunch served in Coastal Kitchen)(they served a Coastal Kitchen lunch on July 11 but discontinued it).

The bar that was in the center of the Viking Crown is still there and services both the Suites Lounge and Coastal Kitchen. They serve complimentary beer, wine, and sodas from 11am-11pm as well complimentary mixed drinks from 5pm-8:30pm (pay-for drinks the rest of the time). Your key will open the automated door to Suites Lounge 24 hours a day for access to coffee machine, views, etc.

Chefs Table (now called Prime Table on menu) is between the concierge desk and the CK podium.

Now that the Crown & Anchor representative and Next Cruise representatives jobs have been separated, one of the 4 Next Cruise reps sets up a sales table in both the SL and the DL on a couple of nights (nice perk).

On one night, the Shopping Guide sets up a table in the SL.

The Suites Party is now held in the Suites Lounge and most of the upper level officers attend.

OPINION:

The new Suites Lounge, bar, and Coastal Kitchen space is stunning and offers fantastic views, great service, and good food. There is very little interaction between guests in this area unless you sit at the bar.

The Diamond Lounge (decks 11&12) seats a huge number of people because additional seating has been added downstairs and upstairs. The view from this area is still the Boardwalk but the windows need replacing. Because seasoned cruisers use this area (D, D+, PC) there is a lot of interaction between guests.

During our July 11/July 18 B2B we used all the above mentioned and found that they enhanced our cruising experience. The Harmony's deck plan has the Diamond Lounge on deck 4 in what is now The Comedy Club. It will be far too small to hold all the D, D+, PC members.

Edited by beachnative

We saw the menu change on Day 5, formal night for western cruise. They also did lobster that night. I liked the first menu better so I'm glad it lasted longer. I think it was Vineyard. The one with dates appetizer

My understanding is that they switch dinner menus about half-way though the cruise.

That was our experience on the Allure in June and I think they are the same?

Btw, here is a link to the menus. We ate there once with each menu and could have eaten there more often. The flatbreads were a great appetizer!!

http://s1150.photobucket.com/user/cindivanwingerden/library/Coastal%20Kithen%20Menus?sort=3&page=0.

We have a JS. Yes I know usually no perks. So I doubt we can have dinner in Coastal kitchen. But will D+ get us in there

No I don't believe so. Just GS and above suites and P.

Edited by mark22mac

We have a JS. Yes I know usually no perks. So I doubt we can have dinner in Coastal kitchen. But will D+ get us in there

Make friends with a suite guest and maybe you can go as their guest. CK is not a c&a perk it is a gold card/suite perk

Some js guest have been invited according to posters on here, might have something to do with how full up the suites are

Edited by setsail

Just received this email from concierge this week.

Royal Caribbean International

Oasis of the SeaS

Dear Suite Guest,

Our names are Nadia *and Allan and we are *your Concierge onboard the amazing Oasis of the Seas. * We are *honored that you have chosen Royal Caribbean for your cruise vacation. We will be available to assist you throughout your cruise. Our hours in the Suite Lounge are daily from 8:00 am to noon and 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

As a suite guest you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard the Oasis of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of the services:

• Use of the Suite Lounge located on deck 17 aft.

• Continental Breakfast in the Suite Lounge, deck 17 daily from 8:00 am to 10:00 am.

• Ala Carte Breakfast in Coastal Kitchen, deck 17 from 8:00 am to 10:00 am the days at sea (port days 7:30 am to 10:00 am).

• Ala Carte Lunch in Coastal Kitchen, deck 17 from noon to 1:30 pm (days at Sea), Continental Lunch available noon till 2:00 pm (days at Port)

• Complimentary beverages served in the Suite Lounge daily from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

• Ala carte dinner at Coastal Kitchen, deck 17 starboard side, from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm.

• Spa bathrobes for use onboard and upgraded bathroom toiletries.

• Exclusive Reception for suite guests with the Captain and Senior Officers (please find invitation left in the suite).

• Daily Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant menus displayed in the lounge.

• Full Dining Room service privilege, available when Dining Room is open (please see the insert menus in the Suite Binder left in your suite).

• Reservations for any of our Specialty Restaurants, Flow rider ($), Shore Excursions, Vitality Spa services.

• Complimentary pressing service on the first formal night (up to one outfit per person).

• Private sun deck with loungers and cabanas on deck 17 forward. (Cabanas are limited and are available on a first-come-first served basis). Deck 17 sun deck is a smoke-free area.

• Limited VIP seats for the shows in Opal Theater (First 2 rows center, Deck 5), Studio B (Three front rows on left hand side pavilion) and Aqua Theater (first 2 rows from the top). Please show your SeaPass card at the entrance 20 minutes prior to show time as booked seats will be given away 10 minutes prior to show time. *Show reservations are not required for guests staying in the Suites (except the Adult Standup Comedy Show). *

• Mattel Board Games available under request in the Suite Lounge (please see the insert menu in the Suite Binder left in your suite).

• Complimentary fruit plate and Evian water on boarding day.

• Upgraded bathroom amenities.

The Oasis Class ship (Oasis and Allure) are the only two ships that require reservations for most of the shows, these reservations are electronic, for guests in staterooms. Gold SeaPass cards holders (suite guests) are able to attend the shows without processing reservations by only showing their gold SeaPass card at the entrance and can also access the reserved VIP area at the entertainment venues (due to the limited space, the only exception is the Comedy Live for the Adult Standup Comedy Show where reservations are still required and there is no reserved seating area). Once onboard please visit me in the Suite Lounge on Day 1 and I will be glad to process Standup Comedy reservations for if needed.

Please note that our Formal Nights are on Sunday (Day 2) and Wednesday (Day 5).

Great News! make your own reservations for our entertainment venues, dining, Vitality at Sea Spa and sports, as well as, Explorations! on-line please visit our website. *In order to complete your on-line reservations you will need to have your booking ID and sailing date. *Click here to book your reservations *---> http://www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do

We *will be able to assist you onboard with Spa a Shore Excursions on Boarding Day in the Suite Lounge on Deck 17 from noon to 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm till 8:30 pm. Cabanas in Labadee can be booked by replying this e mail. (Categories and spaces are limited and subject to ability).

The Suite Lounge is a private area exclusive for guests staying in the Grand Suites and above categories and is accessible 24-hours with your SeaPass card.

Dress code:

We respectfully request that guests observe a casual dress code (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times) when visiting the lounge.

Age requirement:

To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy these exclusive venues we require that all guests 20 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

The lounge is designated smoke-free area. Food and beverages are for consumption within the lounge only.

It will be our *pleasure to assist you in any way to make your cruise experience the more enjoyable and wish you an unforgettable time onboard the Oasis of the Seas.

We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. *Please feel free to email us back if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Nadia Escobar Paez and Allan Fajardo.

Suite Concierge

Office: 29192

Email: OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

Is the Coastal Kitchen included or is it a pay for Specialty restaurant? If paid, what is the cost?

Thanks!

It's a free restaurant for GS guests and above and pinnacle members.

Edited by mark22mac

D+ won't get you in, but for our experience on Oasis, JS was allowed on an availability basis. Not sure about other ships, or if it is still allowed on Oasis. Let us know if it works for you.

During our April 2015 cruise on the Oasis, they also served complimentary beer, wine and soda from 11:00 AM until 11:00 PM everyday. This was in addition to the complimentary drinks from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM in the Suite Lounge.

During our April 2015 cruise on the Oasis, they also served complimentary beer, wine and soda from 11:00 AM until 11:00 PM everyday. This was in addition to the complimentary drinks from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM in the Suite Lounge.

I was wondering because I didn't see that in the suite letter but I've read that on several threads now. Great perk.

You can have dinner in CK with reservations. But not for breakfast or lunch. We had dinner reservations 3 nights in a row.

You can have dinner in CK with reservations. But not for breakfast or lunch. We had dinner reservations 3 nights in a row.

On Allure in May we were not extended the offer of the CK, and we were in a JS and are D+. As John said it varies by ship.

On Allure in May we were not extended the offer of the CK, and we were in a JS and are D+. As John said it varies by ship.

It made sense on our cruise to let the JS in because it was underutilized. Nobody eating means no tips. No tips means unhappy servers. The FCC (I think that's what they're called) is the one that reccomended it. She said she ate there all the time and was her favorite venue

It made sense on our cruise to let the JS in because it was underutilized. Nobody eating means no tips. No tips means unhappy servers. The FCC (I think that's what they're called) is the one that reccomended it. She said she ate there all the time and was her favorite venue

With people eating late in the Med I thought it might have been offered up as well, at least for earlier seatings, but that was not the case. :confused: We did enjoy Sabor, JR, Chops, and Giovanni's and had OBC left over so it was all good. :)

• 2 weeks later...