Carnival Fascination-very disappointing start

freepeople

Not quite true. There are 2, 3, and 4 person cabins. Only with the addition of an extra berth to a quad can there be a quint.

Right, some cabin are rated for 5 people, this includes a ed on the floor. The same is true of some 3 and 4 person cabins, that require a bed on the floor.

I am sorry but if I am the person that has to sleep on this floor mattress I would be yelling bloody murder especially with a bed bug. I would make Carnival make this right pronto and ask to be flown back to the Port and guarantee me a larger room on the ship plus pay all changes for airfare and get an equal cruise for an equal amount of time. The abrupt Guest Services Manager would be reported too. And I would tell her I don't appreciate your abruptness.

My point is Carnival has to make this right. Tweet Miki Arison or another executive at Carnival. Make this photo known on Social Media etc. Get your TA to get you another cruise and pay to fly you to the other port etc. Your TA I'm sure knew very well what she//he was getting into and should have researched the cabin first before reserving it.

Even I know to call up and ask. My Father and I are booked on Royal Caribbean and first we were assigned to an Oceanview connecting which I knew had just a chair and no sofa so I asked to moved to a non-connecting room with a sofa. Point is I do the research and ask questions until I get the answers that I want to hear.

Please keep us posted OP.

According to some knowlegable people on the thread there are not any bed bugs just a garden variety bug and only one. If they remove the bug and nobody finds any evidence of infestation problem solved.

OP booked this cabin. Do not see why they are entitled to a better cabin when they are fundamentally responsible to check out what they are buying.

Get rid of the TA for not doing their job but really dont see what Carnival has done wrong here.

What's the difference between sleeping a few inches off the floor or sleeping in a bed?

I think it's much better than in a bunk bed....getting up & down during the night.

With 4 (or 5!) in a 185 sq ft cabin....exactly how spacious could it possibly be?

I humbly disagree with this being the TA's fault. The OP wanted a room that sleeps four, and that's what he/she got. If they didn't specifically state that they wanted a room with two drop down beds rather than a drop down and a cot, that's not the TA's fault.

My Oct cruise is booked with a TA, and I forgot to specify that I didn't want a room with a connecting room. When I realized that I was booked in one, I asked her to move me. Plain and simple. Had I not bothered to read the description of the room beforehand, I would have had to accept the room I received without complaint.

I disagree with this. A good TA should run everything by the client about the room. that's why you use a TA, they are suppose to be the expert, otherwise, just book it on your own!

Pat

I am sorry but if I am the person that has to sleep on this floor mattress I would be yelling bloody murder especially with a bed bug. I would make Carnival make this right pronto and ask to be flown back to the Port and guarantee me a larger room on the ship plus pay all changes for airfare and get an equal cruise for an equal amount of time. The abrupt Guest Services Manager would be reported too. And I would tell her I don't appreciate your abruptness.

My point is Carnival has to make this right. Tweet Miki Arison or another executive at Carnival. Make this photo known on Social Media etc. Get your TA to get you another cruise and pay to fly you to the other port etc. Your TA I'm sure knew very well what she//he was getting into and should have researched the cabin first before reserving it.

Even I know to call up and ask. My Father and I are booked on Royal Caribbean and first we were assigned to an Oceanview connecting which I knew had just a chair and no sofa so I asked to moved to a non-connecting room with a sofa. Point is I do the research and ask questions until I get the answers that I want to hear.

Please keep us posted OP.

Seriously, spend months planning a cruise, getting to it. Really, use the guarantee over bed placement? Disappointed, yes, but to go home over that?

What's the difference between sleeping a few inches off the floor or sleeping in a bed?

I think it's much better than in a bunk bed....getting up & down during the night.

With 4 (or 5!) in a 185 sq ft cabin....exactly how spacious could it possibly be?

That's exactly why I sometimes choose the trundle and let my kids have the bunks; it's super easy for sneaking in late and middle of the night bathroom trips. Anyone outraged on OP's behalf has clearly never slept in one of these rooms with a trundle and that's fine, but they are provided as an option on the older ships. It's not just a mattress; it's a very low bed, so that it can slide under the lower beds and make floor space when not being used. It was actually more comfortable than the broken-springs rollaways we've had in nice hotels. I don't know the size of the people in OP's family, but it is fine for children and workable for small teens/adults.

It's a Carnival ship, and they basically try to cram as many people as they are allowed on the ship, regardless of comfort or expectations. If you sleep in a Red Roof Inn, the expectations would be the same. Whenever you buy the cheapest, expect the cheapest.

On the flip side, they make families who want to save money happy. :)

Thanks to the trundles, they are accommodating to families of five, which is a big deal for us. (And are able to turn rooms for three into rooms for four when needed.) We have stayed in a very nice, expensive hotel that allowed us to book a fifth person, to sleep on the floor with no mattress at all, and we were grateful for the option because we knew what we were getting ahead of time. You just need to know what you are buying and adjust your expectations accordingly. In OP's case, they were disappointed because they didn't know, but it doesn't mean Carnival is wrong in providing trundles to expand occupancy.

On the flip side, they make families who want to save money happy. :)

Thanks to the trundles, they are accommodating to families of five, which is a big deal for us. (And are able to turn rooms for three into rooms for four when needed.) We have stayed in a very nice, expensive hotel that allowed us to book a fifth person, to sleep on the floor with no mattress at all, and we were grateful for the option because we knew what we were getting ahead of time. You just need to know what you are buying and adjust your expectations accordingly. In OP's case, they were disappointed because they didn't know, but it doesn't mean Carnival is wrong in providing trundles to expand occupancy.

like:)

Thought all OV rooms on Carnival were the same standard size. How can this one be smaller?

I have been in a few different OV rooms on Carnival ships.

Fantasy class OV rooms are only 185 sq ft., and do not have a couch, only a chair.

Conquest Class OV rooms are 220 sq ft, and do have a couch.

Dream class Deluxe OV rooms are 230 sq ft, have a couch, and an extra sink, plus a bathtub and shower.

Not sure about the other two classes, as I have not been on the Triumph class, and when I was on Spirit class, I had a balcony.

For what it is worth, the Conquest class felt the roomiest (bathrooms on the Dream class took up too much room).

It is not that much more expensive to get connecting rooms, which is what I usually do -- double the space and bathrooms, and your little ones are still close.

darn! I was hoping to read a fascination review, and I got a bug review. The op left after the first page, and we don't know what happened, but just to let you all know, once I get on the ship, I get into the cruise, and the connection to CC ends, until I get home, so who knows, maybe they got into the cruise....:confused:

darn! I was hoping to read a fascination review, and I got a bug review. The op left after the first page, and we don't know what happened, but just to let you all know, once I get on the ship, I get into the cruise, and the connection to CC ends, until I get home, so who knows, maybe they got into the cruise....:confused:

They left as they didnt get the sympathy they were expecting so I dont think we will ever know what happened.

I wish there was an update to say whether it was an actual bedbug vs. a bug that happened to be on the bed.

Of course, anywhere can get bedbugs, but I'd hate to see it on a Carnival ship.

I would suspect the vast majority of people couldnt identify a bedbug if it was staring him in the face.

They left as they didnt get the sympathy they were expecting so I dont think we will ever know what happened.

The way I read the original post they just got on the Fascination on Saturday, and it's doing a five day right now. So I'm guessing they are still on the ship. Probably posted while still in port. Maybe they'll post an up date on Thursday when the ship is due back in Jax.

To the OP I feel bad for you. I would be upset if I was to stay in that cabin under those circumstances. We to have small children so I understand very well that splitting up the family isn't an option. I do applaud your attitude and at the same time I am disappointed in Carnival to expect someone to sleep that close to the floor. Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why getting two rooms isn't an option even with small children. You can split up as parents. Now, I'm not saying that's the best option. But it is an option if the cabins are too small for four.

Personally, I'm in my cabin to sleep, shower, and change clothes. As long as there is a place for us to sleep, I don't care how low to the ground it is. But if it's too crowded, get two rooms and have one parent sleep with a kid in each room.