Latest Boarding Maasdam Canada New England

lisakoivu

We want to do some visiting in Montreal. Is noon too late to board? What is the latest that you would board "safely" and by that I mean, not last minute, but the latest time you could get there to still board leisurely without feeling rushed or feeling like you might miss the ship.

We sailed on Maasdam out of Montréal this June. The schedule said departure at 4PM, but we didn't leave until about 6-6.30PM because the ship had to wait for low tide. However I don't know if that also means that a later check-in would have been possible, you'd probably have to e-mail or call HAL to check on that.

We boarded about 12.30PM (we drove that morning from Ottawa), as we had already stayed in Montréal and Ottawa for several days and already seen the sights.

Edited by Laurino

I would make certain that I was on the ship no later than 2 PM.

Remember that you will have life boat drill which is mandatory -- and that should be around 3:15 PM -- no matter what time the ship actually leaves.

I see your point, but our muster drill was at 4.15PM, so a little more time. However OP already seems to be pleased with a much earlier boarding time anyway ;)

Okay, so I was trying to discover if 12 - 12:30 would work and it looks like it will. Thanks everybody.
Actually your boarding pass probably says 1:30! ;)

Edited by jtl513