Constellation Aqua Class Aft Staterooms

Calgon1

Stayed in #1130 on Millennium and loved it. Some say it does not have enough privacy. We found the people on the deck below did not look up much so it was private enough for us. The location to the Oceanview restaurant is awesome. We would book this one again. #1140 is the gem with the biggest balcony and that would be our first choice, followed by 1138 and then 1130 which has the smallest balcony of the 3 but still huge.

We have cruised on the Constellation in an Aqua Class stateroom, but not one of the deck 11 afts. However, we did a B2B on Infinity in 1138, and liked it so much that we also did a B2B2B series in the same stateroom.

I like the deck 11 Aqua staterooms for their convenient location and lack of traffic in the hallways. Since there are only staterooms in that location there is very little foot traffic. We have found them to be very quiet rooms.

We sailed on the Connie in February 2015 and somehow picked up 1140 three weeks before sail date. It was wonderful.

MrJulius posted the definitive guide to AQ M-class Aft Balconies in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1629443&highlight=aqua+class+aft+balconies

I hope the link works, as it contains all sorts of great info and photos!

Both cruises (3 day Connie; 28 day South America on Infinity) were great. Deck 11 aft is rarely visited by anyone other than occupants after the first day (when folks don't fore from aft and looking for the lounge). We could look down and see what was going on occasionally hearing the music from the bar. Very seldom were people on deck craning their necks to look up the ship and our cabin. Also did not hear any noise from the open area above us on deck 12. Only downside I saw was most photos taken from 1140 have the flagpole in them. Combine that with dining in Blu and you have a small ship atmosphere, but you have the big ship benefits of great shows, good shopping and lots of other events going on. I would not hesitate to book any of the aft facing verandas on deck 11. Enjoy.

We have sailed several times in 1138 on all the m class ships. It is our cabin of choice. Love the oversize balcony. Love everything about the aft and love that they added these rooms. They go very quickly. If we can't get one of the Aqua, any of the aft cabins are great. Huge balconies. Of course can't dine in Blu.

Linda

We've sailed on the Connie and were also in 1138 on the Infinity. Loved the cabin. As we were going through the Panama Canal and because my poor DH was confined to the cabin with the dreaded Noro he at least could experience Gatun Lake and the locks on our passage.

It's also a fantastic cabin for a sailing with close shores like Icy Straits in Alaska. Another phenomenal passage would be the Grand Canal in Venice, or sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.....any sailing in a deck 11 aft is wonderful!

Both cruises (3 day Connie; 28 day South America on Infinity) were great. Deck 11 aft is rarely visited by anyone other than occupants after the first day (when folks don't fore from aft and looking for the lounge). We could look down and see what was going on occasionally hearing the music from the bar. Very seldom were people on deck craning their necks to look up the ship and our cabin. Also did not hear any noise from the open area above us on deck 12. Only downside I saw was most photos taken from 1140 have the flagpole in them. Combine that with dining in Blu and you have a small ship atmosphere, but you have the big ship benefits of great shows, good shopping and lots of other events going on. I would not hesitate to book any of the aft facing verandas on deck 11. Enjoy.

How was it motion-wise sailing around South America on Deck 11?

I almost booked a deck 11 Aqua class for my cruise next January, but did not because I've heard about more rocking with rough seas on higher decks. Ended up booking concierge class on deck 7 (due to 1-2-3-Go).

We're in 1141 in a few weeks on a cruise out of Venice and really excited about the Grand Canal sail out!

I have been in aft cabins before and love them but...

I only get aft cabins on cruises where there is a limited amount of open sea. Last year we were in the Med in June and it was flat calm all the time. But OMG, we went to the Arctic Circle on a smaller ship and you felt the movement in the cabin. It was a surprise to come out of the cabin and find that the rest of the ship was hardly moving! One night I seriously thought about sleeping in the cocktail lounge midships!

1141 on the infinity which was great. On some ships, including the infinity, they no longer allow smoking in the bar below on deck 10...I can't comment on the constellation. Being so high up, you do feel the movement more in rough weather. The infinity deck 11 cabins are a unique experience in rough weather...the drawers and doors open and close (read that as slam open/slam closed) at will as the ship rocks and rolls...as well as the balcony door if you have it unlocked. Duct tape and a bungee cord are now mandatory parts of our packing when we're on deck 11. We love the cabins though...we've booked 1140 on some back to backs on various M-class ships.

How was it motion-wise sailing around South America on Deck 11?

I almost booked a deck 11 Aqua class for my cruise next January, but did not because I've heard about more rocking with rough seas on higher decks. Ended up booking concierge class on deck 7 (due to 1-2-3-Go).

We were in 1138 on an Antarctic cruise followed by cruises from BA to Valparaiso and then on to Ft. Lauderdale. There clearly was more motion, but since we actually had fairly calm seas for all three legs it wasn't a problem for us. But this could be a consideration for those who experience moderate or severe seasickness.

• 1 month later...