Panoramic View Cabins on Grandeur

rope

Can anyone please tell me if they ever had a Panoramic View Cabin on the Grandeur and if they were cool enough with the big windows.

Specifically Cabin PV7582.

Any pics would be appreciated.:):):)

Clarea....thank you. Do you have any pics of the bathroom?? I have a wheelchair and am hoping it is large enough. Unable to get an access room....was it cool enough with the big window?

Clarea....thank you. Do you have any pics of the bathroom?? I have a wheelchair and am hoping it is large enough. Unable to get an access room....was it cool enough with the big window?

Sorry, those are the only two photos I have of the POV staterooms.

We've had a Panoramic Oceanview and had no issue with temperatures (and I like it cool). The only issue I had is that during the cruise the window can get pretty "salty". The bathroom is the same size as a regular OV or balcony cabin. Sorry, but I really do not think the bathroom would accommodate a wheelchair.

Because it is a little roomier than a standard Oceanview cabin, if I was booking an OV again, I'd definitely take it.

Edited by artypharty

Sept 2016- to New England- 1st cruise out of the caribbean.

was able to book the last handicapped cabin. Appears to be slightly larger and the bathroom- mainly shower is larger. Most concerned that we need a shower with a seat.

Have been in balcony Cabins before & except for coming in & leaving ports- really did not use- so looking forward to the large windows- wish they had handicapped cabins on the higher decks- we are on

Deck 2.

I had booked a Handicapped Cabin on Deck 2. It was the only handicapped POV cabin available. Was not happy to be on Deck 2. Today- Contacted RCCL & was told to contact Customer SErvice to get on a list if any higher levels had a cancellation. They actually did have one on level 3- a little better. Any handicapped cabins above 3 are balconies so I took it. lucky I guess.

I had booked a Handicapped Cabin on Deck 2. It was the only handicapped POV cabin available. Was not happy to be on Deck 2. Today- Contacted RCCL & was told to contact Customer SErvice to get on a list if any higher levels had a cancellation. They actually did have one on level 3- a little better. Any handicapped cabins above 3 are balconies so I took it. lucky I guess.

Hi Djay

You may want to check with RCCL that it is definitely a panoramic/preferred ocean view cabin you have - see the deck plans at the following link as there are no POV cabins on decks 2 or 3.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/images/Grandeur_v2015_Oct_tcm16-59858.pdf

This may be a similar issue that I came across booking a cruise on the Splendour for November - the description and cabin category name corresponds to the POV category but the type indicator is actually an F which is the Large Ocean view cabin, not the POV and is substantially smaller and does not have the floor to ceiling windows. The POV cabins are on decks 7 and 8 - called PV rather than F.

I'm just waiting on a response to a complaint about this as I've had to pay more to get the room that corresponds to the description their site gives.

Edited by colville2002

Hi Djay

You may want to check with RCCL that it is definitely a panoramic/preferred ocean view cabin you have - see the deck plans at the following link as there are no POV cabins on decks 2 or 3.

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/images/Grandeur_v2015_Oct_tcm16-59858.pdf

This may be a similar issue that I came across booking a cruise on the Splendour for November - the description and cabin category name corresponds to the POV category but the type indicator is actually an F which is the Large Ocean view cabin, not the POV and is substantially smaller and does not have the floor to ceiling windows. The POV cabins are on decks 7 and 8 - called PV rather than F.

I'm just waiting on a response to a complaint about this as I've had to pay more to get the room that corresponds to the description their site gives.

Funny that you should mention that...

We are booked on Splendour in what was described as a Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom. They are being sold on decks 2 and 3 (cat F).

On all current Splendour sailings they are still described as POV (cat F) and priced higher than all other OV staterooms!

If you look at the picture of Splendour below you can see that all the windows on those decks are the same size and not floor to ceiling as described!!

Ocean views are also on deck 6 (described as Superior OV with balcony). In the picture below you can see the 'new' balconies on deck six. Originally this was a row of windows which were the same size as those on decks 2 and 3.

The 'original' balcony staterooms are on decks 7 and 8.

Splendour_of_the_Seas_(ship,_1995)_IMO_9070632%3B_in_Split,_2012-04-27.jpg

The picture below is a close up of Grandeur showing the windows on decks 2,3 and 4.

We have stayed in an OV on deck 4 with the square window and it is not floor to ceiling.

img-Fire-happens-aboard-Royal-Caribbean-s-Grandeur-of-the-Seas.jpg

Edited by icsys

I get an uneasy feeling that truly handicapped persons are not always using these special rooms and that they should be wheelchair bound only first. as for me, I have walking limitations but just use a cane, my sister has ms and is wheelchair bound. I would never take a handicap room and just took a near the elevator room. as for an able body person taking a room this should be looked into and if true the people should be thrown off the ship. when giving out the room, wheelchair/scooters should come first, then others wait till just a few weeks prior to sailing for assignment. on land I have personally witnesses people jump out of their cars while they place handicapped stickers in the window, I would love to take a brick and remodel their vehicle. as for pricing if interior lower deck rooms are filled and a balcony handicapped room is available, that person should get the room at equal or reduced price to the interior room, if a reservation is made more than 90 days before sailing. I could go on and on re this subject but I think you get how I feel.

Funny that you should mention that...

We are booked on Splendour in what was described as a Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom. They are being sold on decks 2 and 3 (cat F).

On all current Splendour sailings they are still described as POV (cat F) and priced higher than all other OV staterooms!

If you look at the picture of Splendour below you can see that all the windows on those decks are the same size and not floor to ceiling as described!!

Ocean views are also on deck 6 (described as Superior OV with balcony). In the picture below you can see the 'new' balconies on deck six. Originally this was a row of windows which were the same size as those on decks 2 and 3.

The 'original' balcony staterooms are on decks 7 and 8.

Splendour_of_the_Seas_(ship,_1995)_IMO_9070632%3B_in_Split,_2012-04-27.jpg

The picture below is a close up of Grandeur showing the windows on decks 2,3 and 4.

We have stayed in an OV on deck 4 and it is not floor to ceiling.

img-Fire-happens-aboard-Royal-Caribbean-s-Grandeur-of-the-Seas.jpg

Yeah I kept checking and still shows up as Panoramic despite it having been pointed out to them by my agent, Cruise118. Can't believe they haven't sorted the system yet. My agent was away to review their bookings to see if they had anyone else where the mistake had taken place and they believed RCCL were going to do the same. Obviously not!

When I check online direct with RCCL for my cruise, it doesn't show up the correct PV rooms for booking as an option at all, only the F's with the wrong description. It could be the PV rooms are now fully booked but it also didn't show up when I wanted to make the booking and there were clearly still some free at that time.

I get an uneasy feeling that truly handicapped persons are not always using these special rooms and that they should be wheelchair bound only first. as for me, I have walking limitations but just use a cane, my sister has ms and is wheelchair bound. I would never take a handicap room and just took a near the elevator room. as for an able body person taking a room this should be looked into and if true the people should be thrown off the ship. when giving out the room, wheelchair/scooters should come first, then others wait till just a few weeks prior to sailing for assignment. on land I have personally witnesses people jump out of their cars while they place handicapped stickers in the window, I would love to take a brick and remodel their vehicle. as for pricing if interior lower deck rooms are filled and a balcony handicapped room is available, that person should get the room at equal or reduced price to the interior room, if a reservation is made more than 90 days before sailing. I could go on and on re this subject but I think you get how I feel.

they do NOT release HA cabins to general public until closer to sailing.. possibly as late as after final payment. and many lines require some sort of proof nowadays.

as for your other comments. well I am sorry that some days I can 'jump' out of the car. in fact it is easier for me to do a little hop in order to exit the vehicle. I am sorry my invisible disability that I have had since i was FIVE YERS OLD offends you. And FTR my first Placard was obtained a little over two years ago at the ripe old age of 45. up until then I suffered along in silence and many times opted to not travel anywhere at all because of judgmental people who would YELL at my mother that she was a horrible person for parking on the 'pregnant and women with infants spots' until she hauled out my wheelchair.

so before you assume that everyone 'jumping out of their cars and slapping handicapped stickers on the window' are scam artists out to personally ensure pissing you off, remember that not everyone has the same issues.

as for the floor to ceiling window cabins on GR: only decks 7 and 8, near the centrum. they used to be the Concierge lounge, computer lounge and library. they are very nice but cannot accommodate a 24/7 WC user as the bathroom is not only standard size it has the lip just like all the others.

talk about thin skinned... perhaps a cruise and a dip in the pool will cool you out... don't act dumb you certainly know that able bodied people are using spots for you... as for pregnant spots they are marked as such... and if handicapped are filled, I make it a practice not to park in the pregnancy sports... I note nothing re rci policy as to verification of handicapped status before booking...so just chill out... you certainly knew my reference as I am sure that you have observed this event...

talk about thin skinned... perhaps a cruise and a dip in the pool will cool you out... don't act dumb you certainly know that able bodied people are using spots for you... as for pregnant spots they are marked as such... and if handicapped are filled, I make it a practice not to park in the pregnancy sports... I note nothing re rci policy as to verification of handicapped status before booking...so just chill out... you certainly knew my reference as I am sure that you have observed this event...

the pregnant spots in NYS are also labeled: 'mothers with children' they are also not a protected class and anyone is legally allowed to park there.

and yes many times we have had to park in east Nowhere b/c the handicapped spots are full. and I would be the epitome of arrogance if I assumed that even ONE person was parking illegally.

of COURSE there are spoiled entitled people who book HA cabins without needing them. of COURSE you will find TAs or other people who will suggest that as a way to enhance your cruise experience.

it is no more repugnant than people advocating rum runners or removing gratuities.

yes, we( the handicapped/special needs/however you want to label yourself) have more crap to deal with in every day life this DOES NOT MAKE US ENTITLED TO SPECIAL TREATMENT OR CONSIDERATION.

if and when it becomes a vital necessity for us to book only HA cabins, then I will be required to adjust my expectations. It may even turn out that I can no longer cruise. and that will suck, but such is life. i went over 30 years before I first cruised, so I know I can survive if I have ti stop.