Cancelled cruises announcement - Epic, Jade, Spirit, Star, Sun

noche_caliente

I hear you...After speaking with "numerous" NCL agents over the phone I came to the realization that nobody on that end really knew what was going on and could not articulate in any manner what our options are at this point...On/after the 17th of this month they will have "re-set" their itineraries and should be in a much better position to offer us the compensation "as per"...Right now they have given me 1 option or its nothing, my hope is between now and the 17th after hearing from what has to be 1000's of people they will make a responsible offer to all of us..???

Talk about f**ked up stuff, these guys have been selling cruises for months knowing this was going to happen, that is the crime, not that they had to "re-deploy"...

Just saying is all...

I have learned that if you qualify for a handicap room you can call at any time to a special department - or have them connect you and they will kick someone out of a handicap room that is not handicap. It is a chance people take if they book a handicap room they don't need. I would more than understand if this happened and it was me in that room. I do not usually book them. Please try this so you can have a room you need. This was told to me on Carnival and Princess. I would hope NCL is the same. I think the regular reservation people don't tell you this but please try next time as you should get a handicap room when you need one.

But Jeanus1 (hiya Momma!) has the added complication that we (her daughter, son in law, and, most importantly, grandbaby) were booked in a room nearby. So now we're all on pins and needles waiting to see if we can get rooms near each other with a handicapped room on one of the earlier cruises.

I also spent a month talking my husband into the cruise before booking just last week. I'm not looking forward to telling him about the change.

Talk about f**ked up stuff, these guys have been selling cruises for months knowing this was going to happen, that is the crime, not that they had to "re-deploy"...

Just saying is all...

I have not been affected by the changes, but that is exactly my biggest problem. NCL has been working on the Asia/Australia deal for a few months/years. Why did they continue to sell cruises for those ships. I am sure that the decision of what ship to send to Asia/Australia was not made over night.

So do I! I was on one of the Star cruises that was cancelled. If you read the release, they will honor the perks and offers. At least that what was my email said. I am just transferring to the Jade.

Well I would really, sincerely love you to post a copy of your email. Mine says exactly the opposite - unless I take the same cruise one year earlier I lost my perks. I'm totally happy to transfer - with my perks! Would really really appreciate it if you post your email. Thanks.

Hi Karen,

I just checked and am told if you change the Cruise to Epic this year (Xmas 2015) they will protect the offers. If you change to another ship/sailing then it will be treated as a new booking so they won't add the packages. As I said earlier they are not amending anything yet until 17th so whether or not that will change I don't know but this is the info they tell me today and all I can pass on at this stage :(

Regards

| Personal Cruise Consultant

| Switchboard: 020 8834 9000 | Fax: 020 8834 9140

Norwegian Cruise Line®

5 Town Quay | Southampton | SO14 2AQ | UK

http://www.ncl.co.uk

NCL (Bahamas) Ltd., a limited liability company incorporated in Bermuda under registration no. 34680.

Head office: 7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, Florida 33126, USA.

It is registered as a branch in England and Wales under company no. FC025681 and branch no. BR007961

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, August 03, 2015 4:25 PM

To: Clarke, Steven

Subject: More Arghh

Tell me the "rumours" on cruise critic aren't true - we'll still get UDP, UBP on Spirit for Dec 2016!

My head can't take this........

K

Sent from my iPad

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended only for the person addressed. It may contain confidential information and/or

privileged material. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the information

from your computer. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.

Is there some reason it has to be a cruise? Flights to Iceland on IcelandAir are cheap.

We enjoy cruising and if we are travelling that far form New Zealand we want to cruise there and see other interesting places on the way.

Mike & Pauline

Poms by Birth but Kiwis by Choice

Hi Karen,

I just checked and am told if you change the Cruise to Epic this year (Xmas 2015) they will protect the offers. If you change to another ship/sailing then it will be treated as a new booking so they won't add the packages. As I said earlier they are not amending anything yet until 17th so whether or not that will change I don't know but this is the info they tell me today and all I can pass on at this stage :(

Regards

| Personal Cruise Consultant

| Switchboard: 020 8834 9000 | Fax: 020 8834 9140

Norwegian Cruise Line®

5 Town Quay | Southampton | SO14 2AQ | UK

http://www.ncl.co.uk

NCL (Bahamas) Ltd., a limited liability company incorporated in Bermuda under registration no. 34680.

Head office: 7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami, Florida 33126, USA.

It is registered as a branch in England and Wales under company no. FC025681 and branch no. BR007961

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, August 03, 2015 4:25 PM

To: Clarke, Steven

Subject: More Arghh

Tell me the "rumours" on cruise critic aren't true - we'll still get UDP, UBP on Spirit for Dec 2016!

My head can't take this........

K

Sent from my iPad

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended only for the person addressed. It may contain confidential information and/or

privileged material. If you receive this in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the information

from your computer. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.

Disgraceful.

Such a shame that NCL won't honour their contracts with guests.

At this point..........does anyone still believe that NCL cares about their customers???

After reading all these posts about families working hard, using their hard earned money to plan a vacation in the future, just to be told......SOL.

For the customer with a handicapped daughter trying to provide a great vacation for his family............oh well, no can do.

All these stories being told and no one at NCL listening!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NCL!

Well I would really, sincerely love you to post a copy of your email. Mine says exactly the opposite - unless I take the same cruise one year earlier I lost my perks. I'm totally happy to transfer - with my perks! Would really really appreciate it if you post your email. Thanks.

The reason why I keep everything is because I am simply switching ships (Star for Jade out of Tampa). I am not doing a cancel and re-book. I booked out in Feb. 2017, and am taking the switch for the Jade in Feb. 2017.

These cancelations have got to be in the thousands of passengers who have already committed to a cruise and are paying or have paid for it. Yes their $ will get refunded but that's an enormous loss of, "bird in the hand" customers. Yes people get bumped, cruises canceled repositions occur but do they occur on this scale?

Just the loss on this amount of cancelations alone would probably be enough to seriously affect them as a company. I am thinking that come August 17th NCL will hopefully offer some like for like trades to keep their booked customers on NCL ships vs sorry we pissed you off by not letting you keep your perks. Here's your money to go book somewhere else.

They spend a great deal on advertising to get these bookings. Are they really rolling in that much dough that they can say goodbye to them?

Sure they would like to fill up those next few Epic cruises with canceled ship passengers but to give that as the only option? Take a cruise a year early or here's your $ and goodbye?

Is it that big of a loss to just honor prices and perks people booked on a different ship and date of their choice?

These cancelations have got to be in the thousands of passengers who have already committed to a cruise and are paying or have paid for it. Yes their $ will get refunded but that's an enormous loss of, "bird in the hand" customers. Yes people get bumped, cruises canceled repositions occur but do they occur on this scale?

Just the loss on this amount of cancelations alone would probably be enough to seriously affect them as a company. I am thinking that come August 17th NCL will hopefully offer some like for like trades to keep their booked customers on NCL ships vs sorry we pissed you off by not letting you keep your perks. Here's your money to go book somewhere else.

They spend a great deal on advertising to get these bookings. Are they really rolling in that much dough that they can say goodbye to them?

Sure they would like to fill up those next few Epic cruises with canceled ship passengers but to give that as the only option? Take a cruise a year early or here's your $ and goodbye?

Is it that big of a loss to just honor prices and perks people booked on a different ship and date of their choice?

Well put.

What I'd like to know is who was the genius who said "Let's take bookings for the next few months for cruises we have no intention of sailing. Nobody will mind."

At this point..........does anyone still believe that NCL cares about their customers???

After reading all these posts about families working hard, using their hard earned money to plan a vacation in the future, just to be told......SOL.

For the customer with a handicapped daughter trying to provide a great vacation for his family............oh well, no can do.

All these stories being told and no one at NCL listening!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NCL!

Well put.

I guess the business calculation is that there are more new customers to get than there are old customers to lose.

It's not a gamble I'd take, but I guess we'll all see how they'll go.

I was booked on Jade Nov 2016

I cant understand why if I they are just moving it to Tampa w/ same itinerary, why they just dont honor everything and treat it like a port change? I guess they gave too much away and now they will be better off if they dump us and fill ships at higher rates. This has really soured our Escape cruise. I am so kicking myself for not booking the Harmony of the seas when I had the chance.

Our TA very nicely asked us to start thinking about what we wanted to do. Our letter says we can rebook on the Oct 30 2016 TAs of Epic or Jade. We were on Spirit on Nov 16th. She wants to be ready to call NCL first thing on the 17th to get us what we want.

But we do not know what the itins of Epic or Jade will be, or the price, or what sort of room we will get, or whether or not NCL will honor our special packages (we were in a suite) etc.

The lack of info from NCL has me nosing around HAL, and I am thisclose to booking the Nov 2016 TA out of Barcelona on the Eurodam.

The reason why I keep everything is because I am simply switching ships (Star for Jade out of Tampa). I am not doing a cancel and re-book. I booked out in Feb. 2017, and am taking the switch for the Jade in Feb. 2017.

That's all I want to do, swop ships! Instead of Epic I'm on Spirit - I'm really interested to see your email!

And all I want to do is take Spirit out of Barcelona and not Epic! Where's your email confirming you keep your perks?!

Well put.

What I'd like to know is who was the genius who said "Let's take bookings for the next few months for cruises we have no intention of sailing. Nobody will mind."

It was a business decision. It is quite obvious that NCL has changed its focus from customer to investor. If they stopped accepting bookings they would lose revenue They took they path of least resistance for the short term. If it is any conciliation, I am sure they factored in losing some customers.

Was it unethical? Absolutely.

Edited by Jane Don
faat fingers

So do I! I was on one of the Star cruises that was cancelled. If you read the release, they will honor the perks and offers. At least that what was my email said. I am just transferring to the Jade.

So, where's your email confirming by changing ships you'll keep your perks? I don't think so......

Still waiting for your email from NCL saying you are keeping your perks - don't think youve got one, don't think its true!

I agree that changes of this magnitude that involve planning port calls for so many ships had to take alot of time in the planning phase.

So, why the wait until August 16th to look at new itineraries? They must know the new sailings and could have considered the inconvenience of so many affected by these changes.

We were booked on Star in 2016 and now are offered two options. The issue is we do not know the ports for the sailings and have until the 24th to make a decision or our reservation will be cancelled.

I do wonder if the UDP and UBP which were part of our booking for no charge will hold up- I doubt that!!

NCL never ceases to amaze me! I will see what evolves but one more time it is all about NCL and not the customer.

I still haven't gotten my letter so I called my TA, like if I wasn't already annoyed enough, she augued with me about the cruise being cancelled. "Where did you hear this information?" Um, all over the Internet?

So she wanted to make a conference call to NCL. So we called and the rep Anika wouldn't say it was cancelled, she just said they will be able to give us more information on 8/17. So then my TA says, "see there you go!" Yeah thanks for nothing. :(

I still haven't gotten my letter so I called my TA, like if I wasn't already annoyed enough, she augued with me about the cruise being cancelled. "Where did you hear this information?" Um, all over the Internet?

So she wanted to make a conference call to NCL. So we called and the rep Anika wouldn't say it was cancelled, she just said they will be able to give us more information on 8/17. So then my TA says, "see there you go!" Yeah thanks for nothing. :(

You urgently have to change travel agency!:eek:

It's kind of shocking that they didn't notify the travel agents. Ours didn't know either, but she got right on it when we told her.

I'm sorry you also have not been notified but happy to at least hear theres others out there. Maybe NCL notified a few to see what the reaction was and then adjust the offers for the next wave of notifications. It will be a huge undertaking come the 17th of the month. Plus a week to decide to stick with NCL, which ship to sail, request and get time off work, purchase airfare... I know I've contemplated moving up a year to this december to keep my fare and perks but not been able to get decent flights to Europe - a bit too late for mileage bookings. So now left to see what happens on the 17th, by which time i hope I'm officially notified so that i can make changes.

It's going to be a mess. They already have so much misinformation out there with website inconsistencies and thats with really minor changes such as cost of DSC, room service or UDP... Well now imagine them loading and booking potentially more cruises than they ever did in a day. The last big sale with the obc in January their system crashed. TA's stopped taking bookings, people on hold for hours, unable to book online. Times that by ten and that's what we will probably be dealing with on the 17th when over a third of their fleet is starting new itineraries. Yeah I think it would be a good idea to set up a special team to take care of the canceled bookings before the 17th. Otherwise I assume most will end up running from NCL. But as others said they may want that so they can book at higher fares and be rid of all the perks they gave away.

I have absolutely loved each NCL cruise I've taken in the past, inside to Haven. I'm sure hoping it all gets ironed out and they step up because I would sail them any day over their competitors.

Edited by littlelulu01