Will a guaranteed cabin be assigned before embarkation?

Papa_Bear_

We have a GS. We have never booked guaranteed before. It's 25 days to our cruise and all of the suites except 1 Grand Suite show booked. I was wondering if our cabin would be assigned before we get to the ship or will we really have wait until then to find out.

You may know prior to arriving at the port, and you may not. Now how is that for a definitive answer! :p

I know many have reported receiving their stateroom assignments weeks in advance and some not until they arrive at the port. We have only booked guarantees a couple of times and have had an assignment at least a few weeks out. A very good fiend of ours booked a guarantee but did not know her stateroom number till she arrived to check in at the port.

We have a GS. We have never booked guaranteed before. It's 25 days to our cruise and all of the suites except 1 Grand Suite show booked. I was wondering if our cabin would be assigned before we get to the ship or will we really have wait until then to find out.

Fingers crossed for you but the web site doesn't always show available staterooms

twice i have gone to the port without knowing what cabin i would have. one time i booked a week out and the other 60 hours before sail. both times carnival people and the porters looked at their paper lists and said you aren't listed anywhere but when i showed my paperwork and they chatted a bit on their walkie talkies i was walked to a supervisor. both times i'd say i saved time compared to the avg wait in line. when solo i love gty and like not knowing what i will get and do it without a second thought.

twice i have gone to the port without knowing what cabin i would have. one time i booked a week out and the other 60 hours before sail. both times carnival people and the porters looked at their paper lists and said you aren't listed anywhere but when i showed my paperwork and they chatted a bit on their walkie talkies i was walked to a supervisor. both times i'd say i saved time compared to the avg wait in line. when solo i love gty and like not knowing what i will get and do it without a second thought.

Is this even possible in a post 911 world? Generally reservations must close within a few days of sailing because the roster is sent to homeland security for screening.

Thanks everybody I guess we will just wait and see. I don't like to wait, but I do like to save money so I guess it's worth it this time.

I had a guarantee once. They never told me when it was assigned. I just happened to go to my account to look at my luggage tags, and they had the room number on it.

I also don't like to wait and not know.

I had a guarantee once. They never told me when it was assigned. I just happened to go to my account to look at my luggage tags, and they had the room number on it.

I also don't like to wait and not know.

I've never had them call me or e-mail me with my cabin number; I had to go Carnival website and log in to see my documents. When I am waiting for a cabin to be assigned, I usually go look twice a day. Just like I am doing now. :)

My first time as well with G stateroom. What do you do about "luggage tags"? The one in my cruise documents lists the cabin as TBA. I usually laminate and attach my luggage tags to my suitcase before I leave home.

Any ideas?

Just keep checking at the Carnival website - log in and check your documents. If you still don't have an assignment before it is time to leave home, then the porters will either know from paperwork or will find out for you. Don't worry, it will all work out! Have fun on your cruise!

We've done guarantee rooms 3 times; in all cases we were assigned approximately 30 days before the cruise. I would be getting nervous if I didn't know a couple of days beforehand!

Why would you be getting nervous a couple of days before hand? You have a guarantee that you will have a cabin of a certain level. That is what guarantee means. Now, there is a possibility that you will not like the location of that cabin, or you were expecting to get lucky and have a better cabin than the guarantee, but location or better cabin is not part of the guarantee

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

So glad I read this topic- I wouldn't have thought to check see if it was on the boarding passes, I thought I'd be getting contacted with it. Whee! We have 8225 on the Miracle leaving in a month!

Is this even possible in a post 911 world? Generally reservations must close within a few days of sailing because the roster is sent to homeland security for screening.

Definitely possible. The final manifest is not due until 60 minutes prior to sailing. You can actually call Carnival morning of departure and if rooms are available will book you day of sailing. You cannot simply show up at the port without a booking however.

Why would you be getting nervous a couple of days before hand? You have a guarantee that you will have a cabin of a certain level. That is what guarantee means. Now, there is a possibility that you will not like the location of that cabin, or you were expecting to get lucky and have a better cabin than the guarantee, but location or better cabin is not part of the guarantee

I realize this, I know what guarantee means as I have booked one a few times in the past. I didn't mean to imply that I would be nervous that I would not have a suitable cabin or cabin at all - though the latter might be going through the back of my mind somewhere - I am just one who likes to know things a little in advance and I would just feel better if I knew the cabin location. This way I could print out the tags and put them in our holders and all.

I booked a Guaranteed cabin for the first time ever. Not too long ago there was a sale on guaranteed suites which cost us $30/person. Before I made the decision to take a chance on it I looked at the deck plan for the ship we'll be sailing on and found out suites are in two locations on the ship. I was okay with where we'll be but not knowing exactly which cabin we'll have is half the fun. Can't say I'll ever do this again but since it's for my wedding anniversary I thought it would be a nice surprise for hubby.

I'll check my booking periodically before we leave.

How bad can it be, we'll be on a cruise!!!!

How bad can it be, we'll be on a cruise!!!!

That is exactly the way I think. I really don't care which cabin I have, as long as I have a place to store my clothing, take a shower, and sleep. My next cruise is 40 days off and I will be checking for my room assignment frequently too. Only mine is just an Ocean View. Have fun on your cruise!