Splendor new Internet today !!

Ascott318

And we know that the schedules John posts never change, right? Like the new menus? :p

I'm sure someone will report back in a week or so and let us know if it's actually been installed and up and running.

I did the "value" package on Freedom. It was great but I didn't need it, really. I'll just do the "social" plan next time, if I even bother. I like being unplugged.

Still, it's nice to be able to gloat and post pics of a different, beautiful place regularly, isn't it? ;)

Because we are self-employed, we have to have internet service. It will be nice to have something that isn't quite so epensive and might actually work!! Service was so bad on Fantasy in June, after 3 days of trying to unsuccessfully get online, Iwent to guest services and asked for a refund. she gave it to me without blinking an eye which tells me I wasn't the first one to complain.

Pat

Fantasy doesn't have the new package yet, right Pat? It worked really well on Freedom.

I thought the list showed that Conquest has it but I swear I saw nothing about that when on the ship (first week of June).

On Freedom, there was a card showing the different plans and the cost (and how to connect, which I've posted in various threads here). I swear I didn't see that on Conquest or see anything about the plan in the FunTimes.

Was it added in the last few weeks or was I just oblivious?

Fantasy doesn't have the new package yet, right Pat? It worked really well on Freedom.

I thought the list showed that Conquest has it but I swear I saw nothing about that when on the ship (first week of June).

On Freedom, there was a card showing the different plans and the cost (and how to connect, which I've posted in various threads here). I swear I didn't see that on Conquest or see anything about the plan in the FunTimes.

Was it added in the last few weeks or was I just oblivious?

The Conquest or Fantasy didn't have it when we were on it. Looking forward to sailing on a ship with the new package. We will be on Splendor for a premier cruise in Jan. and looking forward to trying it.

Pat

Yes, that's the list I'd seen, but when I saw Conquest on there as already having it, I got confused (easily done for me). Because I was almost positive that it was NOT on there when we were (5/31/15 sailing).

So it's been added since then.

Anyway, I know some of our Roll Call people were hoping it would be on Splendor when we sail to Bermuda. They'll be pleased.

Pat - you were supposed to book the Sunshine Premier and come with me!

I'm new to this ship information stuff. Plus i'm sailing on the Splendor in April on my first cruise. I take it New Internet installed means updated better and internet that actually works? because previous service didn't work so good?

Has this been confirmed? I know it was scheduled, but I haven't found a reliable confirmation. I hope it's true.

According to the press release from Carnival, Splendor already has the new plans.

• 2 weeks later...
According to the press release from Carnival, Splendor already has the new plans.

According to John Heald yesterday - when someone asked about the new package on the Splendor - this ship will get the social media package plan at the END of October.

Someone said it's already implemented. Can someone who's been on the Splendor recently PLEASE confirm? To us, this is very important to know for our Oct 4th cruise on the Splendor. Thanks!

Just got off Splendor Thursday. I purchased the Social pkg for $25 for entire cruise. I was able to call my husband through FB and also video calling . We both gave IPhones. There is a delay in speaking but worked fine for me.i was also able to text message. Just put phone in airplane mode .

Just got off Splendor Thursday. I purchased the Social pkg for $25 for entire cruise. I was able to call my husband through FB and also video calling . We both gave IPhones. There is a delay in speaking but worked fine for me.i was also able to text message. Just put phone in airplane mode .

Great info thanks...am in Baja California now and basically doing the same thing...have wifi and phone is in airplane mode...I like to stay in touch when we cruise:)

I was on the August 4th to August 12th Splendor sailing and the new internet packages were live, including the $5 a day or $25 for the whole cruise social media package. While I did not purchase a package and I like to be disconnected for vacation purposes, many people were on their iPhones all over the cruise ship so I have to imagine it was working well.