Haven + VIBE, worth it or a waste?

constance4784

Hi there, I'm sailing the Breakaway for the first time in October. I'm booked in a Haven Spa Suite but have been debating also purchasing VIBE passes as a few other posts have mentioned that the Haven may not be best for sunbathing and the pool area is small and can easily be taken over by a large group. My question is, would this be overkill? We have Spa passes too. Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in the Haven. Thank you!!

The spa is all inside though. On epic this was included getaway it was not. And we did not go. We are leaving Sunday on the breakaway and will get vibe passes this time as there is a smoking area which 2 out of 3 in the party smoke. Will let you know after next week if it was overkill or not. We also have spa passes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The spa is all inside though. On epic this was included getaway it was not. And we did not go. We are leaving Sunday on the breakaway and will get vibe passes this time as there is a smoking area which 2 out of 3 in the party smoke. Will let you know after next week if it was overkill or not. We also have spa passes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks so much.

Is think it would be a waste. the pool the times we have been in the Haven was hardly ever used, but we always cruise when school is in session, so not sure during summer and break times. I found ample sunbathing areas on the haven sun deck, but can be breezy at times. You will love the haven area and I wouldn't spend extra on the vibe. Just use that money for something else.

Waste. To clarify a bit, the Haven pool area on BA is two levels and inside except when they open the sliding roof and then you get some sun in that area. There is also a Haven private deck on the upper level, starboard side in the front of Vibe that is fairly large. The pool itself is small.

I think it would be over kill. The pool in the spa is amazing and never crowded at all.

Vibe is located right next to Havens sundeck so why pay more for something you basically already have. Vibe does not have a pool just hot tubs.

breakawaytopview_zps079001d3.jpg

Each time you pay extra for additional spots to (basically) hang out, you are diluting the value of those that have already been paid for, because you now will spend less time in each of those places.

Value is in the eyes of the beholder. If Breakaway is like Getaway there is no outside bar in the haven. It was inside and the only smoking spot was the top area all the way forward and no wait service up there.

The Vibe had a bar outside and a smoking area so to me the value is there above and beyond since us smokers have very little areas left.

Value is in the eyes of the beholder. If Breakaway is like Getaway there is no outside bar in the haven. It was inside and the only smoking spot was the top area all the way forward and no wait service up there.

The Vibe had a bar outside and a smoking area so to me the value is there above and beyond since us smokers have very little areas left.

I don't think you fully understood my post.

I think it would be over kill. The pool in the spa is amazing and never crowded at all.

Vibe is located right next to Havens sundeck so why pay more for something you basically already have. Vibe does not have a pool just hot tubs.

Thanks, this picture helps give me an idea of the upper deck of the Haven. Wasn't expecting an uncovered area like this so I'm glad I asked!

Each time you pay extra for additional spots to (basically) hang out, you are diluting the value of those that have already been paid for, because you now will spend less time in each of those places.

Good point! I think I've been convinced Vibe passes would not be worth it. I'm already going to have access to two exclusive areas, I should just take full advantage of those. Also, we are not smokers so that part isn't a concern for us.

Thanks, this picture helps give me an idea of the upper deck of the Haven. Wasn't expecting an uncovered area like this so I'm glad I asked!

It is the whole area in front of the white wall that is in front of that last clamshell on the starboard side.

Also forgot to mention there is a sauna in front of the pool on the right through the glass door by the treatment rooms in case you had any interest.

It is the whole area in front of the white wall that is in front of that last clamshell on the starboard side.

Also forgot to mention there is a sauna in front of the pool on the right through the glass door by the treatment rooms in case you had any interest.

Thank you! Do you know what this area is that I have circled in the picture?

BreakawayDeck.jpg.3337a6ee5d757bf3198bf466416f8043.jpg

Good point! I think I've been convinced Vibe passes would not be worth it. I'm already going to have access to two exclusive areas, I should just take full advantage of those. Also, we are not smokers so that part isn't a concern for us.

Good choice. You really won't need Vibe. If you want to have a drink at an outdoor bar, there are plenty of them. Just wanted to let you know that in my experience, while the pool area is nice, the pool is just sort of a soaking pool. It's maybe 6 x 9' and 4' deep at most, but of course it has to be to scale for the courtyard area. If you like a nice swim, you probably want to visit another pool. On our sailing, we really didn't see a waiter or pool butler bringing people drinks up on the sundeck, but that's not to say it wasn't happening. We just didn't witness it while we were there. If you are going to want service out on the sundeck, it wouldn't be a bad idea to let the bartender know. Maybe get your first drink there and bring it upstairs to the sundeck with you.

Have a really nice time!

Edited by vince_g

Hi there, I'm sailing the Breakaway for the first time in October. I'm booked in a Haven Spa Suite but have been debating also purchasing VIBE passes as a few other posts have mentioned that the Haven may not be best for sunbathing and the pool area is small and can easily be taken over by a large group. My question is, would this be overkill? We have Spa passes too. Would love to hear from anyone who has stayed in the Haven. Thank you!!

We had a suite and paid for Vibe too. We thought that was the best spent money on the ship!

1. No outside bar in the Haven.

2. Adults only in Vibe. No problem on our cruise but maybe it can be?

3. Better hottubs in Vibe.

4. Vibe wasn't too crowded and it wasn't too quite. Perfect for us.

5. We really appreciate to be able to use as much as possible of the ship.

We will pay for Vibe again if we cruise on the Breakaway again.

We had a suite and paid for Vibe too. We thought that was the best spent money on the ship!

1. No outside bar in the Haven.

2. Adults only in Vibe. No problem on our cruise but maybe it can be?

3. Better hottubs in Vibe.

4. Vibe wasn't too crowded and it wasn't too quite. Perfect for us.

5. We really appreciate to be able to use as much as possible of the ship.

We will pay for Vibe again if we cruise on the Breakaway again.

And did you also have spa passes, or just 2 of the 3?

I was on Breakaway in a haven suite. No need to get vibe passes, the Haven courtyard is all you need. The pool is small but good enough to cool off. There is waiter service to get you drinks on booth levels. On my cruise in the summer there were only about three children in the courtyard and they were good. No noise all all.

You will love it. Have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk