Availability of condiments

sparky3229

Are you sure this shouldn't be reversed;)

You can bring just about anything on board as long as it isn't dangerous. Food and flowers are not forbidden. Of course they check bags and they also let me keep my flowers in my hand when I go through the "xray". After all, the ships get their food and flowers someplace especially in the Med.

Unless I was sure it was safe to take food off and permitted by the country where we were docked, I just wouldn't do it. You don't know what harm you can do to the country with one bug someplace on your sandwich/fruit. properly sealed food (hermetically?) is fine but not the other stuff in most places

Besides, If I am in the Med, I would never take food off the ship for a much MORE important reason - the joy of eating their very fresh, lovely salads and food. We like to enjoy the culture and are happy to pay the euros for a very enjoyable bite or sip :)

Hey Kazu. I've seen you post something similar to this post. I'm a fresh flower freak so happy to hear I can carry on board. Just to clarify... It IS okay to bring food BACK on board????

Thanks!

Hey Kazu. I've seen you post something similar to this post. I'm a fresh flower freak so happy to hear I can carry on board. Just to clarify... It IS okay to bring food BACK on board????

Thanks!

absolutely :) and flowers ;)

always nice to meet another fresh flower freak. A lot of flower markets have arrangements which make carrying and displaying a lot easier and some locations are dirt cheap. I picked up a gorgeous one last time for 4 euros!! Made fresh :)

Edited by kazu

You never know how a specific agent or port or country will feel about bringing in food. One time I was going to Canada from the US and brought an apple along for a snack. I actually forgot that I had it at the border - but the food inspection dog did not. I did not get in trouble - but the apple had to be put in the trash.

absolutely :) and flowers ;)

always nice to meet another fresh flower freak. A lot of flower markets have arrangements which make carrying and displaying a lot easier and some locations are dirt cheap. I picked up a gorgeous one last time for 4 euros!! Made fresh :)

I know in Nice we are going to the market....I'm sure I'll find something I love there! Can't look at all those pretties and big carry something back!:)

I know in Nice we are going to the market....I'm sure I'll find something I love there! Can't look at all those pretties and big carry something back!:)

the flower market in Nice is gorgeous. You will have difficulty choosing.

btw, when you bring your flowers on board, they normally let me carry them through, not put them on the xray as it would wreck them. I just give a smile and point and they nod for me to carry them. Can't have the beauties damaged ;)

Thanks!

I've brought smoked meat sandwiches back aboard the ship in Montreal to share with friends who could not go ashore and lobster dinners in Boston..... no problem at all. We've purchased boxes of chocolates and other than security asking if we'd share with them :), they were fine with us carrying food onto the ship.