Pacific Aria or Pearl?

Hi all,

So I am a day away from booking my 3rd cruise...so exciting.

I am going with my Mum (first time cruiser), my sister in law (2nd time) and her mother (3rd time) and we are tossing up between the following:

Pacific Pearl (8 nights) from Sydney - twin share

or

Pacific Aria from Brisbane (9 nights) - quad share

Prices are the same, except with Pearl we get 2 rooms instead of 1.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are?

I am interested in trying the new ship, however am still umming and ahhing.

Thoughts?

Anyone have any insight into the new ship? I know it's a little smaller, but it seems to have as many amenities.

Don't know either of the ships but my first consideration would be: four women, one bathroom, bad idea! Two cabins on Pearl for the same price as one cabin on Aria sounds like a much better idea. ;)

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Don't know either of the ships but my first consideration would be: four women, one bathroom, bad idea! Two cabins on Pearl for the same price as one cabin on Aria sounds like a much better idea. ;)

I would have to agree. Some other points to think about:

• The 3rd and 4th bunk will be drop downs from the ceiling, so a bit of an effort to get into and out of bed each time.
  • Storage space for four bags worth of clothes will also be an issue.
  • You will also have airfares to get to Brisbane and back for the Aria.

Good luck.:D

The Aria being a thoroughly refurbished ship will most likely offer a more upmarket environment and I have heard that P&O are trying to lift their profile with their new ships. Also the Aria was a Holland America ship and they have a very good layout and good size rooms with large bathrooms.

So if it was just two of you I would go with the Aria but as the ships have not come into service yet we don't know what their quad rooms are going to be like. If you can hold out until November after refurbishment you might have a better idea. However as OzKiwiJJ said, 4 women one bathroom :eek:

Also what category are you going for, if you are looking at a balcony quad, it might be better to do two OV's for a similar price.

Thanks everyone!

We ended up going with the Pearl. The allure of the Aria was strong but got a good deal on obstructed view cabins next to each other + OBC and free unlimited soft drinks.

Super excited to be going on another holiday!

Well done, have a great cruise.:D

Agree

cruised once with DW and DD then about 22 in one that w bad enough, 4:eek:

Thanks everyone!

We ended up going with the Pearl. The allure of the Aria was strong but got a good deal on obstructed view cabins next to each other + OBC and free unlimited soft drinks.

Super excited to be going on another holiday!

Enjoy.