Fancy dress on theme nights and other newbie questions

Vesh

Hi

My wife and I are first-timers to both Cunard, QM2 and in fact this is our first cruise so there are a thousand questions on our minds. However two come up immediately.

Theme nights. The formal theme nights seem quite straight forward but on an informal theme night like Buccaneer do people go in full fancy dress or do most just stick on an eye patch/parrot/etc?

Dining tables. We're in the Queens Grill and have booked a table for 2. Is it more fun to book onto a larger table and take pot luck who you are seated with or can you change tables mid-cruise? We're doing TA (see I'm getting the lingo) and the Caribbean over Christmas this year.

Many thanks

I think I'd stick with a table for two in the Grills as most of the tables are so close to each other, you'll still have the chance from time to time to interact with other guests either side of you.

If you do opt for a large table (e.g. six) do make sure you all come to a sensible agreement (as it's open dining) on what time you all arrive for 'at least dinner in the evenings'. There is nothing more annoying when you are on your soup and the other guest is just finishing dessert and coffee .;)

Hello Vesh,

I often post how I like to dress up on theme nights. However, I must admit some I avoid as I don't like dressing up in what I call silly dressing up stuff.

If it is not glamorous I don't do it. ;)

So for me the Buccaneer ball is a no no! I am not the type of girl who would dress like pirates wench. :)

I must say though that it is a popular ball and I have seen the Queens room packed with people with pirate outfits and parrots on their shoulder. Plus the black eye mask so if that is you I would say go for it, as I am sure it is good fun as most themed nights are. Enjoy your Cunard experience.

Thanks MaggieMou and Electra2008

I will have to see if my inner Jonny Depp is ready for life on QM2 or if we follow Maggiemou's advice and stay classy. Regardless thank you for you advice. As first time cruisers this is all very new to us. So time to put the jeans in the wardrobe and indulge in some serious shopping. My wife is relishing the opportunity to give me a makeover. The bank account trembles in anticipation :-)