Epic Asian restaurants - free?

michelle028

Help me out recent Epic cruisers....

I thought I read somewhere that the few Asian restaurants on the epic are free. When I go to the website:

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/whats-on-board/dining

It lists them as complimentary but when I click on the menus it shows at the bottom it says "cover charge applies."

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/15333_EPIC%20SHANGHAI.pdf

Whats your experience?

Thx for letting me know....by chance do you remember if it was the same menu that they have online or was it a smaller menu of items?

I don't think it is the same menu but there was a similar amount of items (a little less i would say) on the menu.

I was on the epic in July too & Shanghai's was included. we were a table of 8 and had the family style menu which was great! :) There 3 starters included which were large enough to share & you could order more if needed (we ordered extra calamari), then 9 mains to choose from so we ordered one of each & shared everything. One of the best meals i had on the ship :)

I was on the epic in July too & Shanghai's was included. we were a table of 8 and had the family style menu which was great! :) There 3 starters included which were large enough to share & you could order more if needed (we ordered extra calamari), then 9 mains to choose from so we ordered one of each & shared everything. One of the best meals i had on the ship :)

Can't wait to try it!

We ate in Shanghai's in May and the food and service was simply excellent.One of the very best Chinese meals We've ever had.So much so we went back a 2nd time.The menu is quite small but the quality was superb in my view.Enjoy your cruise!

We ate in Shanghai's in May and the food and service was simply excellent.One of the very best Chinese meals We've ever had.So much so we went back a 2nd time.The menu is quite small but the quality was superb in my view.Enjoy your cruise!

Good to know! Another q - do you know if its open for lunch, dinner or both every day?

I just wonder if the quality has changed since there is no longer a fee. We had our best lunch at the noodle bar on Getaway and it was quite expensive. We pigged out and tried many things. The food and veggies were really fresh and good. I just cant believe this same quality and full menu would not have a charge especially in today's NCL. Has the menu changed?

I used to love the noodle bar when it was chargeable, and had it again at Easter when it was free. I couldn't tell the difference.

I few of us went to Shogun yesterday and we all agreed it was the best meal we have had so far. We are all going back again in a few days. I don't think it now being free has made any difference.

I used to love the noodle bar when it was chargeable, and had it again at Easter when it was free. I couldn't tell the difference.

I few of us went to Shogun yesterday and we all agreed it was the best meal we have had so far. We are all going back again in a few days. I don't think it now being free has made any difference.

Are you still on the Spirit? Can you post or list the Shogun menu - we are going in December and curious.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Hello

I am on the the November 15th sailing and when I log in to MyNCL Shanghai is not listed

Does anyone know why this is or am I missing something obvious, I have managed to book everything else that I wanted

Thanks

Lachelli

Now it's complimentary, I don't think you can book it.

Its really strange though, I can see and book all the other complimentary restaurants, it just doesn't feature in the list of dinning options at all

I wonder is it being removed during the dry dock ????