How long does it take to get off at a port of call? (PV)

caitmac1

Thank y'all for bearing with all my other stupid questions. I'm trying to figure out booking excursions not through the ship and I think I've got all but our last port of call handled. POC is Puerto Vallarta, which I read is not a tender port, so is 1 hour after scheduled coming into port a reasonable time to meet a tour?

PV is typically NOT a tender port, but can be if it has 3 or more ships. Are you sure it is tendering when you are there? As you are there early in September, I wouldn't expect other ships to be in, and that you will dock.

If you are docking, you can schedule your tour for 30 minutes after scheduled docking. If tendering, schedule it for 60 minutes.

In either case, your private tour vender will wait a couple of minutes if your are late.

Edited by CruiserBruce

*rereads* Yeah, sorry, I meant that it was NOT a tender port, so was an hour a good estimate? :D

Your op did say it was not a tender port. I guess the others read too fast.

I would think an hour is plenty of time.

An hour is usually more than enough time, provided that the ship arrives on time. Do yourself a favour and do not go down early to the gang plank and line up. There will be hundreds of people doing that in a very small and enclosed area. There won't be any place for you to move - you will just stand packed in like sardines.

Instead, wait for the announcement over the PA that the ship is cleared and people can go ashore. By the time you get to the gang plank all the throngs of people will be gone and you will be able to simply walk right off the ship.

One golden rule of cruising - never mind the passengers who have to line up for everything.

An hour is usually more than enough time, provided that the ship arrives on time. Do yourself a favour and do not go down early to the gang plank and line up. There will be hundreds of people doing that in a very small and enclosed area. There won't be any place for you to move - you will just stand packed in like sardines.

Instead, wait for the announcement over the PA that the ship is cleared and people can go ashore. By the time you get to the gang plank all the throngs of people will be gone and you will be able to simply walk right off the ship.

I agree wholeheartedly with this advice.