Complimentary champagne

grotbags

That's interesting. We didn't try swapping on our last cruise (April/May, just before Lyn's) so I was assuming you could still do it.

But I wonder why not? It's not as if you could swap for top of the line wines ... Well, maybe if you are in a top suite (and we were not). The last time we swapped the champagne, I think we were in a PH (don't remember which ship, it might have been Regatta) and the red we got was distinctly ordinary.

So maybe it's not a problem ... unless you dislike sparkling wine, in which case it is! We find it easiest to share a table with someone and also share the champagne.

Mura

That's interesting. We didn't try swapping on our last cruise (April/May, just before Lyn's) so I was assuming you could still do it.

Mura

Someone had posted earlier in the year that they were not swapping any longer

The person said not sure if true but they were getting stuck with too many bottles of Champagne as most people were swapping for wine

I say just bring back the Perrier Jouet & they would not have that problem ;)

Someone had posted earlier in the year that they were not swapping any longer

The person said not sure if true but they were getting stuck with too many bottles of Champagne as most people were swapping for wine

I say just bring back the Perrier Jouet & they would not have that problem ;)

You're absolutely right about that!!!!!

I don't remember the labels but it depends on the level of the suite. The higher up you are, the better the champagne. We've had decent champagne in PH and above. The champagne we received in an "A" cabin in 2010 was tolerable, but just tolerable.

Jim/Stan probably has the specific information you want.

Mura

Thanks so much for your answers! We're not huge champagne drinkers...way prefer martinis...but I always think a GOOD glass of bubbly is the right start to a cruise at sailaway. We're only in a Vista so, while Perrier Jouet would be lovely, it sounds as though we should have something quite satisfactory waiting and I won't need to bring our own on board. (Not sure that Malta is known for champagne...although they do have a sparkling rose cleverly named Maltese Falcon!)

(Not sure that Malta is known for champagne...although they do have a sparkling rose cleverly named Maltese Falcon!)

I believe it can only be called Champagne if it is from France ;)

Enjoy

I believe you!!!! On our first cruises we had bunk beds and a port hole for a window ...

Mura

.......and a shared bathroom down the hall:eek:

Amazing how the standard has become what was considered over the top back then.

.......and a shared bathroom down the hall:eek:

Amazing how the standard has become what was considered over the top back then.

That was like my 1st cruise

separate shower rooms, shared bathrooms & bunk beds

Glad things changed:D

Maybe that's why I tend to spring for the higher suites these days. (DH doesn't agree but he goes along with me. Within reason.)

Actually, I don't think we ever had a cruise where the bathroom was down the hall but we did have VERY small cabins at the outside. Never an inside, but sometimes pretty close. We were thrilled when we discovered Renaissance in 1999 and could get a decent sized room WITH a veranda.

Mura

In Concierge in May I think it was Montaudon Brut & the same in Jan 2014

not sure about the higher suites

I don't recall what we had in our Concierge cabin - we did not drink it - it was a California Brut - and it was not Montaudon. They would not exchange it for wine.