Liberty of Seas - Upcoming Cruise

I was hoping for some feedback from cruisers who have been on Liberty or any Freedom class ship recently. I will be taking my girlfriend (we are both 25) on the 9 night Canada & New England cruise later this month, We are both from Scotland so are looking forward to some warmer weather! I have loved all my past cruises before and expect this one to be no different.

I just thought I'd ask what everyone's favourites are onboard these ships, i.e. drink, bar, venue, food etc?

We have both ordered the premium drinks package so would be nice to enjoy this along with some later events at night etc.

Cheers

I was hoping for some feedback from cruisers who have been on Liberty or any Freedom class ship recently. I will be taking my girlfriend (we are both 25) on the 9 night Canada & New England cruise later this month, We are both from Scotland so are looking forward to some warmer weather! I have loved all my past cruises before and expect this one to be no different.

I just thought I'd ask what everyone's favourites are onboard these ships, i.e. drink, bar, venue, food etc?

We have both ordered the premium drinks package so would be nice to enjoy this along with some later events at night etc.

Cheers

If you are on the 8/27 trip, please join our roll call.

Cheers

These are great ships. I do not have one favorite as I like it all! I am sure you will enjoy it.:)

The windjammer sucks and don't get a stateroom on deck floor 2 aft you will have the smell of sewage for your entire cruise. And if they promise any compensation get it in writing. RCCL are lies and rip offs! They're customers service and is rudeless and don't solve any problems. They only care about taking your money.

Edited by Bambara

The windjammer sucks and don't get a stateroom on deck floor 2 aft you will have the smell of sewage for your entire cruise. And if they promise any compensation get it in writing. RCCL are lies and rip offs! They're customers service and is rudeless and don't solve any problems. They only care about taking your money.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.:)

Definitely chat up the wine stewards in Vintages. Liberty serves a wine pairing dinner inside Vintages several nights during the week. You can look over the menu prior to deciding which evening you wish to attend. They have room for maybe a dozen people and it is not well publicized.

They will inform and discuss the wine they have selected for each course, etc. We have sailed Liberty many times and this year was the first we have encountered this.

The Steward said they were trying it out.

We were on a 5 nighter and if this is the largest class ship you have been on you will love it. My friends went to the Vintages Wine Pairing Dinner and they said it was fantastic. They went on the night that the 70s party was held so they had great seats. We ate at both Portofino and Chops Grille. Although I enjoyed both venues I thought Portofino had a slight edge over Chops. The seafood skewers were delicious and the tiramisu that was served with a B52 shot was amazing. Our waiter was awesome (Yigit pronounced Yeet). We went to the Saturday Night Fever. Music was good, but the show was a little long for my taste. The food in the Jade section was good although I did not venture anywhere else in the Windjammer for lunch. If you want a quick lunch try the MDR during sea days where they offer the salad bar where the staff makes your salad and you add the proteins. You can also order from the menu too and it is served quickly. We had wine in Vintages and enjoyed our experience there. The wine expert really knew his wines and offered samples to determine what I liked. The California wine experience offered in Chops Grill was NOT what Royal Caribbean website stated. 5 course meal paired with wine. Had I known that I would have skipped and booked the event at Vintages.

Edited by sauvichick

sorry you did not enjoy the free food and the cheapest possibly worst room location on the ship? I did not even know there were rooms on deck two. LOL welcome to cruise critic. LOL

I have to say I really enjoy my Wildberry Lava flow and Mudslides. I really enjoyed all the shows! Try the flowrider and take in the White Party! I had 9340 and it was great! I think the hipper music is in the lounges front ship! You have to walk the Promenade in and out. Enjoy New England and Canada. Boston take in the Faneuil Hall area! Maine try some Lobster or seafood. Enjoy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

sorry you did not enjoy the free food and the cheapest possibly worst room location on the ship? I did not even know there were rooms on deck two. LOL welcome to cruise critic. LOL

Yes I got the bait and switch and the worst room but paid ridiculously more on the cruise. I would never recommend royal Caribbean nor liberty of the sea to anyone. Sadly They have no clue how to fix problems or customers service they overbooked the cruise as usual. They only care about high revenue. I saw 2 workers come out of the bathroom without washing hands. Disgusting when I reported it they didn't care

Thanks for all your responses. This will be our first time in New York along with all our ports of call so I’m sure it’s going to be an exciting holiday no matter what.

We have been on the Liberty before and did a b2b on the Indy earlier this year so are familiar with the size and layout of the ship. We just felt like we may have missed out on some of its best points, hence my initial question.

I can't comment on the complaint on deck 2, however I have never had an issue with the food being served. When people constantly complain about the quality of food and service it does make me laugh, I know I don’t get meals like that at home every day so I don’t really see it as 'poor', I think people try compare it to a 5 start restaurant service too often.

Also does anyone know what times the production shows and ice shows are typically shown at night? We have dinner booked for 6:45 most nights but 8:00 pm on two of the nights. I was thinking of changing our dinner times fit in with the shows but the only times left are for MTD 5:30 and 8:00.

Cheers

We were on the Liberty in July for a 9 night cruise and will be on her again later this week. The ship is wonderful and well laid out. Here are some things we liked about the ship and the offerings:

- The Royal promenade is just beautiful and a wonderful place to grab a bite to eat (Café Promenade) and people watch.

- The aerial show and the ice show are not to be missed. It amazes me they can do that while the ship is in motion

- We enjoy sitting in the Viking Crown lounge and people what as well as watch the ocean go by. On cool or rainy days, it is a nice place to be.

- Food is subjective, but we enjoyed all the food. The Windjammer has the same food every day for breakfast and lunch so we just had different items in order to get variety. We found the food here and in the MDR very good and are looking forward to this again.

- We enjoy room service and then enjoying it on the balcony. While sailing back to Bayonne on the last two sea days, we say dolphins, two sharks and a turtle. We enjoy the balcony especially going in and out of ports. We sailed the Explorer to NE and I remember loving coming into the Maine ports

I hope that helps. I am glad she spent some time in Bayonne so we could enjoy her.

Have a great cruise.

Mary

We were on the Liberty in July for a 9 night cruise and will be on her again later this week. The ship is wonderful and well laid out. Here are some things we liked about the ship and the offerings:

- The Royal promenade is just beautiful and a wonderful place to grab a bite to eat (Café Promenade) and people watch.

- The aerial show and the ice show are not to be missed. It amazes me they can do that while the ship is in motion

- We enjoy sitting in the Viking Crown lounge and people what as well as watch the ocean go by. On cool or rainy days, it is a nice place to be.

- Food is subjective, but we enjoyed all the food. The Windjammer has the same food every day for breakfast and lunch so we just had different items in order to get variety. We found the food here and in the MDR very good and are looking forward to this again.

- We enjoy room service and then enjoying it on the balcony. While sailing back to Bayonne on the last two sea days, we say dolphins, two sharks and a turtle. We enjoy the balcony especially going in and out of ports. We sailed the Explorer to NE and I remember loving coming into the Maine ports

I hope that helps. I am glad she spent some time in Bayonne so we could enjoy her.

Have a great cruise.

Mary

Thanks Mary,

This is our first time to New York and indeed to NE & Canada, we can't wait to explore. We've also booked a balcony so I hope the sights are still as good as when you were on her last. Will definitely need to order room service this cruise, never done it before as I could never find a menu...haha!

Fraser

Thanks Mary,

This is our first time to New York and indeed to NE & Canada, we can't wait to explore. We've also booked a balcony so I hope the sights are still as good as when you were on her last. Will definitely need to order room service this cruise, never done it before as I could never find a menu...haha!

Fraser

Hi Fraser,

The room service menu is in a book in the drawer, but on the Liberty, it is also on the TV and you can order on the TV. The chicken strips are Yummy and so is the cheesecake :)

We took several tours at each port. We enjoyed the tour of Acadia National Park. Got some neat pictures from this trip.

I am sure it will be an amazing trip. We are scheduled to do a NE cruise on the Grandeur next June and can't wait. Let me know what tours you took and liked.

Mary

We were also on deck 2 in June on Liberty and we did have an odor for first couple of days but then it was ok. I've sailed on 2 other RCCL ships, same deck and didn't have any odor so I'm not sure what the issue was but there are several posts on CC regarding odors from different decks on different ships. We didn't have ideal weather (high winds, high swells) for the first 2 days, they closed all the upper decks, doors blocked to outside for 48 hours...maybe that had something to do with it? I don't really know.

We chose the deck 2 midship because we have friends and family that get motion sickness and this is the best location for them. We didn't consider the location "cheap" it was a standard outside cabin, our steward was wonderful & kept our room very clean.

Our dinner time was 5:30, we didn't rush and made every show afterwards.

Windjammer is a buffet, we didn't think it was horrible, just nothing more than a large cafeteria. We went to the dining room for breakfast, windjammer for salad lunches and it was fine. Then again, we didn't cruise for the food nor were we expecting 5 star quality.

RCCL did compensate us 50% per person for the Bonfire at Snorkel Park excursion that was just awful, and I believe they actually cancelled it for future cruisers. We received a credit on our account prior to disembarking without a problem. People at Guest Relations weren't what I would call rude but I wouldn't consider them overly friendly either but at the end of the day, they got the job done.

We may try another cruise line in the future just for something different, but will sail Royal again.

Hope you have a nice time & good weather! Happy Sailing!

We hated royal Caribbean every experience was a disaster and what's worst they don't care or fix. They offer future cruise credit to ripeoff more money. They only care about scamming more money and revenue. That's the bottomline. Royal Caribbean is a rudeless cut throat money hungry cruise line pretending to be royal to deceive travelers looking for a good time.

Windjammer food looks and taste like leftovers, the free lemonade taste like faucet pipe & unfiltered water, the workers don't wash their hands, customers service is useless liars, manager make empty promises, they overbook by giving gamblers free cruises and their lower deck stink like sewage. Corporate greed. I've never had so many problems on any other vacation.

Sorry, not sure how to post the link but in these forums is a meet and mingle thread for your Sailing. I'm assuming its the Aug. 27th sailing which my family and I are also taking.

In that thread, someone has e-mailed Royal Caribbean and listed what entertainers we can expect on our cruise. They also made a best guess on what time of the evening one can expect that entertainment. Look near the end of the thread for that information.

Oh, i think this is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2046426

Edited by BobbyOrr