Is there a way to purchase Latitude points?

cruisin07family

I went to the NCL site but couldn't find this addressed anywhere. My husband is convinced that there must be a way to buy extra points but I can't see how.

We're 6 points out from the next level but we don't currently earn any points as our son is employed on an NCL ship so we book with his friends and family rate.

No you cannot. You must sail to earn points, though you can earn bonus points by booking a latitude offer, 9 months in advance or a suite but you are unable to purchase any points.

Except they don't get any points because they're not paying full-fare rates.

Book a 3 night cruise either 9 mo out, or in a suite and forgo the family discount for that cruise. Considering the difference between full price and the discounted fare the money you're spending to "buy" points. :)

I went to the NCL site but couldn't find this addressed anywhere. My husband is convinced that there must be a way to buy extra points but I can't see how.

We're 6 points out from the next level but we don't currently earn any points as our son is employed on an NCL ship so we book with his friends and family rate.

Even if you could buy them.... WHY would you? They could be a hundred bucks a point & it's not like there are a LOT of differences in the levels... What are having chocolates waiting in the room, a bottle of sparkling wine, laundry services, 15% off photos, etc. Certainly you would do better just paying for those additional services and/or frills.

Edited by ndabunka

Even if you could buy them.... WHY would you? They could be a hundred bucks a point & it's not like there are a LOT of differences in the levels... What are having chocolates waiting in the room, a bottle of sparkling wine, laundry services, 15% off photos, etc. Certainly you would do better just paying for those additional services and/or frills.

I agree. The savings booked with the F&F fare must be a heck of a lot more in value than the $100 worth of "benefits" received with Latitude's "perks".

It sounds to me like you are already getting better benefits from NCL than you would get from the plain old Latitudes program, which is for the general public (i.e., not you, currently). Maybe if you mention to your son that you want such-and-such Platinum perks on top of your cheap cruise fare, he can arrange to make that happen for you.

Yeah, I don't get the perks. Even what I consider the nicest perk for Platinum, which is the free dinner is an anachronism. They were probably last developed prior to the days where every oceanview and higher got a dining package.

Except that not every stateroom gets the dining package. They get a choice and many people don't take the dining package.

For us, and many others, the latitudes meals are a significant benefit.

Edited by KeithJenner

Except that not every stateroom gets the dining package. They get a choice and many people don't take the dining package.

For us, and many others, the latitudes meals are a significant benefit.

Except that the dining package is the most often chosen since it usually provides the best deal (assuming the person isn't a moderate to heavy drinker.)

What I want to know is Who is your Son ? Which ship does he work for ? Should I say Hello to him ? I am Platinum, and I the only things I really like is the free dinner, the free laundry, and the quick line at check in.

Dinner and laundry cost less than $100, but I don't see how you can pay for a quick line.

We board on Sunday and my son is a sound tech onboard so I will find out the scoop and post from NYC on Sunday if I can! We loved it when we saw it in August. I can't believe they'd just cancel it without something else in the works.

What I want to know is Who is your Son ? Which ship does he work for ? Should I say Hello to him ? I am Platinum, and I the only things I really like is the free dinner, the free laundry, and the quick line at check in.

Dinner and laundry cost less than $100, but I don't see how you can pay for a quick line.

Looks like he works on Breakaway....

Looks like he works on Breakaway....

He was on the Breakaway but in April he went to the Mediterranean and is now on the Spirit and he LOVES it. Also, since you guys are good researchers, he is no longer a sound tech but a tech manager, lol.

I wasn't worried about the Latitudes perks but dh wants the priority tender and such that comes with Gold. As for the discount, it's better than a sale but not so cheap that we can sail 5 times a year. The downside is that we can't pick our own cabin and we could be bumped for a full paying customer. It's not all roses, lol.

I know there was a Meg, or Megan who was a Red Head dating a sound tech on the Breakaway. Is that your son ?

IF you only need 6 points to get to Gold level, maybe you should just pay regular sale price for an inside room for 7 days ?? Or to get the most band for your buck, take a LATITUDES REWARDS INSIDER OFFER and get double the points.

He was on the Breakaway but in April he went to the Mediterranean and is now on the Spirit and he LOVES it. Also, since you guys are good researchers, he is no longer a sound tech but a tech manager, lol.

I wasn't worried about the Latitudes perks but dh wants the priority tender and such that comes with Gold. As for the discount, it's better than a sale but not so cheap that we can sail 5 times a year. The downside is that we can't pick our own cabin and we could be bumped for a full paying customer. It's not all roses, lol.

Your son might be able to get you on a priority tender. It's who you know.

As for the discount, it's better than a sale but not so cheap that we can sail 5 times a year. The downside is that we can't pick our own cabin and we could be bumped for a full paying customer.

Do you still get the Freestyle Choice promotion with this rate?