Is there a way to purchase Latitude points?

cruisin07family

Except that the dining package is the most often chosen since it usually provides the best deal (assuming the person isn't a moderate to heavy drinker.)

Right now the dining package is no more than second best, and only if the pax aren't drinkers (in which case it's only third best).

Promos change all the time, of course, but since August 1st NCL has been giving EVERYBODY (OV or higher for cruises in 2016 and beyond) a choice of "free stateroom gratuities" (meaning free DSC), free UBP, or free dining package. (The shore excursion credit and internet time seem pretty lousy but might work for specific cruisers?) That "dining package" is SDP -- for a 7 night cruise pax who select this option get four nights of specialty dining. NCL sells this package for $79. Free DSC comes to $13.50 pppd, or $94.50 for a 7 day cruise. Unless you're planning on adjusting DSC (and not making it up with cash tips) you're clearly better off taking the free DSC and buying the SDP -- for a 7 day cruise each pax is ahead by at least $15.50. For longer cruises it's even more pronounced as NCL is stingy with the extra meals -- cruise 12 days and you only get five free specialty dinners. (You have to pay 18 percent whether you buy the SDP or take it as a perk, so that's a wash.)

I went to the NCL site but couldn't find this addressed anywhere. My husband is convinced that there must be a way to buy extra points but I can't see how.

The closest thing I can think of is what HAL does. You earn additional points for every $300 spent on board and for booking specialty restaurants. Otherwise, I've never heard of purchasing points on any cruise line.

The closest thing I can think of is what HAL does. You earn additional points for every $300 spent on board and for booking specialty restaurants. Otherwise, I've never heard of purchasing points on any cruise line.

On MSC they also have that system:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC-Voyagers-Club/How-To-Collect-Points.aspx

on NCL the best 'trick' to earning points is to book suites and doing it 9 months in advance, triple point score that way and it then goes very quick.