Box Wine

framer

We've for many years took small 3L box of wine on board. Nobody ever question it but in the last year I've heard that they are getting stricter. The question is, the 3L = 4-750ml bottles will I be able to just pay a $30 cover charge for the 2 extra bottles worth and still bring it onboard?

framer

We've for many years took small 3L box of wine on board. Nobody ever question it but in the last year I've heard that they are getting stricter. The question is, the 3L = 4-750ml bottles will I be able to just pay a $30 cover charge for the 2 extra bottles worth and still bring it onboard?

While I suspect that it might depend on the ship involved and/or the person doing the inspecting, I would suspect that it would not be allowed since that is double the acceptable per person limit that it would not be allowed but that's just an opinion and you know how those are! :p It'll be interesting to see what others may have experienced.

Tom

framer

Simple answer; Yes.

More complex answer; If it is for 2people, see simple answer. If for 1 person, you have to pay $ 45.00

Theo

I have always taken boxed wine as do the folks we travel with. Never a problem. A typical box shows pictures of four bottles. I am prepared to pay for the extra charge if and when are asked to do so. Black Box has a nice variety. We like the convenience for traveling and having a glass on our balcony. Make sure it is in your carryon!