What changes will appear now

the english lady

'Commenting on the new organisational structure David Noyes said: “We have two leading brands and we need to differentiate between them. By bringing sales and marketing together we will bring a greater focus to each of our great brands.”'

Bringing sales and marketing together will help to differentiate between them? I would have thought it would be more likely to make them more alike.

'Commenting on the new organisational structure David Noyes said: “We have two leading brands and we need to differentiate between them. By bringing sales and marketing together we will bring a greater focus to each of our great brands.”'

Bringing sales and marketing together will help to differentiate between them? I would have thought it would be more likely to make them more alike.

I have to agree with you. It seems odd that he thinks bringing them together will differentiate between the two:confused::confused:

Reading betwen the lines I should imagine that they wish to establish different parameters for each brand but nevertheless want to make sure they do not go into direct competition.

Regards John

Yes, maybe by moving Cunard up market (or keeping it there) and maybe moving P&O down market.

But maybe they just want to combine the sales and marketing departements of these two companies into one to save some money (i.e. fire some People).

I'll be interested to see how it pans out.

Mike

Yes, maybe by moving Cunard up market (or keeping it there) and maybe moving P&O down market.

Mike

I think if there are changes that this is the only way it can go - maybe make P&O a return to Ocean Village, remove the dress codes and have a more freedom approach and leave Cunard for the passengers that want something more formal and upmarket and price the cruises accordingly.

Edited by bee-ess

Our personal cruise advisor booked both P&O and Cunard for us in the past, but has told us that he is now exclusively P&O.

And then I got a call from my new pca for Cunard to introduce himself as our person for Cunard cruises from now on.

So change has already started.

I think if there are changes that this is the only way it can go - maybe make P&O a return to Ocean Village, remove the dress codes and have a more freedom approach and leave Cunard for the passengers that want something more formal and upmarket and price the cruises accordingly.

We loved Ocean Village but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO please leave P&O alone!

I really hope that they don't go this way. P&O has already lowered its standards and in my opinion moving to an "Ocean Village" cruise line could well alienate a lot of the P&O traditional cruisers who would leave the line and would not necessarily go to Cunard. We need a decent line that caters to the British market so that we don't have to travel on American ships if we don't want to go to God's waiting room (Fred Olsen).

I really hope that they don't go this way. P&O has already lowered its standards and in my opinion moving to an "Ocean Village" cruise line could well alienate a lot of the P&O traditional cruisers who would leave the line and would not necessarily go to Cunard. We need a decent line that caters to the British market so that we don't have to travel on American ships if we don't want to go to God's waiting room (Fred Olsen).

I hope that they don't as well. I just think that if they change the product this is really the only way they can go. By making the price cheaper Carnival can pinch business from RCI and Celebrity going out of Southampton. But, lets hope not.