Newbie saying Hello

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations on booking your 1st cruise on Allure. Wow......what a great way to start cruising. I haven't sailed Allure but was on the sister ship Oasis back in May and it was fabulous!!!!!

Be prepared to become addicted :eek:.

Hello all,

I am a double-newbie. Just joined the board, and I just booked my first cruise (wife's first as well!). We are going to be on Allure in 2017, and I am sure I will be stopping by a lot between now and then! :)

Chris

Hi Chris and welcome to Cruise Critic. Keep checking this link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=578 for when somebody starts a roll call for your sailing date. Then stop by and meet your fellow cruisers who will be glad to help you with any questions you may have about your first cruise.

We did Allure this past January and it is a fantastic ship which I think you will both enjoy.

Hello all,

I am a double-newbie. Just joined the board, and I just booked my first cruise (wife's first as well!). We are going to be on Allure in 2017, and I am sure I will be stopping by a lot between now and then! :)

Chris

Chris, you picked a great first ship! Welcome to Cruise Critic, and to cruising!

Welcome Chris.

You will find a ton of fun information and a mostly super friendly community on Cruise Critic. You may have to watch out. Cruising and Cruise Critic are both super addicting :)

I hope you enjoy your first cruise and many more in the years to come.

Tom

Welcome Chris!

We are also relatively new to cruising and I found this site fantastic for useful tips on all sorts of things. We did our first cruise 2 years ago and loved it. Did our second this year ( first on Royal Caribbean ) and booked another for next year on harmony of the seas ( same class of ship as allure ) a week after coming home so we now consider ourselves addicted!

Be prepared - your holidays will never be the same again[emoji41]

Hello all,

Chris

Welcome! Allure is a great ship and spending some time here will definitely help you prepare, there is a lot to learn specifically about that ship. That said, there are over 1million users here. The vast majority are very nice and helpful, but the remainder may be louder and more in your face. My biggest recomendation (someone else may explain) find your roll call and join it. If there isn't one yet, start one.

Welcome, you picked a great 1st ship. I was on the Allure last October and had a wonderful time. Hopefully, you will find cruising a pleasant addiction. When you are not cruising, you are planning your next one.

Welcome Chris. You will have a ball on this wonderful ship. I was on the Oasis in 2013 and there is nothing like these ships. Keep checking in with Cruise Critic for information you might want to know. The people here are eager to help you.

Hello all,

Chris

Hey, welcome! I was just wondering what made you decide to book your first cruise? Mine was because some friends asked us if we would like to join them on a cruise they were taking back in 2005. So glad they did!

We decided that we loved the whole cruise experience that we haven't stopped since :D Hope you do, too!

Welcome! Allure is a great ship and spending some time here will definitely help you prepare, there is a lot to learn specifically about that ship. That said, there are over 1million users here. The vast majority are very nice and helpful, but the remainder may be louder and more in your face.

Chris (the OP), this last part is so true. 99% of posters here are fantastic and many are a wealth of knowledge. For me, Bob (clarea) is tops on that list, with many others right there with him. The other 1%, well... Ignore the negativity and enjoy yourself, both here on the these boards and once you're finally onboard the Allure. There's plenty to learn between now and then, so have fun with it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising Chris! You'll love it! I love the planning almost as much as the actual cruising! And if you're anything like a lot of us, you'll end up booking another cruise while you're onboard the ship! You'll get lots of help and ideas on this forum and make sure and find your own Roll Call when it opens up (if it hasn't already opened up)! :D

Hey, welcome! I was just wondering what made you decide to book your first cruise? Mine was because some friends asked us if we would like to join them on a cruise they were taking back in 2005. So glad they did!

Good question! I'll try not to ramble too much. ;)

My wife and I have been kicking around the idea of taking a cruise for 2-3 years now. We both love the ocean, sea air, and seeing new places, so it seemed like a natural thing to check out at some point.

We are also both "those Disney people". We just visited Disneyland for the big 60th anniversary, and ended up having sort of a less than stellar experience. When we got back we discussed it, and decided it was time to take a break from all that, and start doing some of the other things we always talk about doing.

We had seen the documentary on the Oasis of the Seas a couple of years ago, and that led me to search for a review site, which brought me here. After some updated homework, we decided on the Allure and pulled the trigger to make sure we didn't talk ourselves out of it. :D

Now we are looking at maybe adding a travel day, and a couple of days at Universal Studios Florida before the cruise since we don't make it to the East Coast much (twice in 21 years of marriage; one of those was our honeymoon!), and we have never been there either.

So there ya have it!

Chris

Welcome to Cruise Critic, be sure and join your Roll Call and meet your new friends, check out Ports of Call section and ask many questions. You will find many on cruise critic willing to assist you and let the negative comments slide. Have a wonderful first cruise, that is always one of the most memorable.

Good question! I'll try not to ramble too much. ;)

My wife and I have been kicking around the idea of taking a cruise for 2-3 years now. We both love the ocean, sea air, and seeing new places, so it seemed like a natural thing to check out at some point.

We are also both "those Disney people". We just visited Disneyland for the big 60th anniversary, and ended up having sort of a less than stellar experience. When we got back we discussed it, and decided it was time to take a break from all that, and start doing some of the other things we always talk about doing.

We had seen the documentary on the Oasis of the Seas a couple of years ago, and that led me to search for a review site, which brought me here. After some updated homework, we decided on the Allure and pulled the trigger to make sure we didn't talk ourselves out of it. :D

Now we are looking at maybe adding a travel day, and a couple of days at Universal Studios Florida before the cruise since we don't make it to the East Coast much (twice in 21 years of marriage; one of those was our honeymoon!), and we have never been there either.

So there ya have it!

Chris

Chris, good idea about the extra travel day(s). Even if you don't decide to do Universal Studios, be sure to travel at least one day before the cruise. As you'll see once you start getting into all the topics here on Cruise Critic, there are many threads about flying in at least a day before the cruise versus waiting until the morning of. Much less stressful to allow yourselves some leeway, and depending on what time of year and where you're flying from, the weather could play a big factor. Plus, the weather here in Florida is great most of the time, so relax at the beach for a day or two.