new beverage rules

princess76021

If it has a twist off top, then it is a bottle. Unless you can get an exception as a "medical need",you cannot take bottles. Do they come in cans? You can take cans.

Not that I doubt the twist off top statement (because what happens at the port isn't always totally in line with policies and maybe you have personal experience in this) but where in Carnivals liquor and beverage policy does it say this? These Atkins protein drinks are definitely in cartons not bottles and are factory sealed - I cannot see anything in the policy specifically stating that if it's a twist off top, it's not allowed. :confused:

Edited by joepeka

Not that I doubt the twist off top statement (because what happens at the port isn't always totally in line with policies and maybe you have personal experience in this) but where in Carnivals liquor and beverage policy does it say this? These Atkins protein drinks are definitely in cartons not bottles and are factory sealed - I cannot see anything in the policy specifically stating that if it's a twist off top, it's not allowed. :confused:

I agree with you, however, I sent carnival a note. I will let you know what they say!!! Thanks all for your help!

It's not about the top, it's if it's a bottle or a can. I think the Carnival reasoning is that people have ways of making bottles with twist off lids look like they haven't been opened. With the pop top on a can, you really can't do that. So, I guess in essence, it is about the lids.;)

It's not about the top, it's if it's a bottle or a can. I think the Carnival reasoning is that people have ways of making bottles with twist off lids look like they haven't been opened. With the pop top on a can, you really can't do that. So, I guess in essence, it is about the lids.;)

I do understand but these things are in cartons which are allowed, along with cans. Yes they could be opened, filled with booze and then resealed to appear legit and admittedly with these cartons it would not be be very difficult. I guess we'll find out when the OP gets her answer from Carnival (assuming she gets and answer). :)

Edited by joepeka

cartons are allowed. found this on carnivals website

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

I'd like to hear it from CCL as well - my hubby drinks premier protein, which is packaged in twist top cartons like atkins. He drinks them before workout every day. We are planning to take them unless we hear otherwise from CCL.

I think there are frequently miscommunications between the people on the phone and security at embarkation. If it has a screw off top I think it will be confiscated. Atkins does have some flavors available in cans. Some of the Boost products are available in the pull tab boxes. My son has a feeding tube and require 30 eight oz cans of Ensure plus for his nutritional needs. We were advised we would need to hand carry a Dr. s statement saying it's medically required.

I think there are frequently miscommunications between the people on the phone and security at embarkation. If it has a screw off top I think it will be confiscated. Atkins does have some flavors available in cans. Some of the Boost products are available in the pull tab boxes. My son has a feeding tube and require 30 eight oz cans of Ensure plus for his nutritional needs. We were advised we would need to hand carry a Dr. s statement saying it's medically required.

How can we find out from embarkation security?:confused:

We took my FIL, who was tube fed, on several cruises. We just packed his Ensure and Boost (21 cans per week) in his suitcases and wheeled him right on in his wheelchair. No one ever asked for a note. No one questioned his ability to cruise.

We took my FIL, who was tube fed, on several cruises. We just packed his Ensure and Boost (21 cans per week) in his suitcases and wheeled him right on in his wheelchair. No one ever asked for a note. No one questioned his ability to cruise.

have you gone since June? the rules have just recently changed so if you went before June, it your experience would not be relevant to the OP

Certainly if you have cruised after June 9th (I think that was the day) then your information is very relevant

This was posted above, but I am posting again for emphasis. The answer is clear that cartons are allowed.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.
https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633