Marseille airport to Avalon Arles dock

CarolinaKathy

We just did Uniworld's Rhone cruise a few months ago.

The SNCF station in Arles is quite near to where the river boats dock. I remember seeing it when we were there, and it should be an easy walk even with luggage in tow. If you walk out of the station and look at the river, you should be able to see the boats.

I don't know how easy the connections are to/from the airport, however, and I don't know where the station is at the airport... We didn't take the train; Uniworld includes transfers so we had it easy.

Edited by jpalbny

There is a train station within the Marseilles airport that goes to Arles.

Also if you want to spend a few days pre cruise on your own, there is also a bus station that runs every 10-15 minutes from the airport to Aix.

We had purchased train tickets in advance for the ride to Arles but as fate would have it our Uniworld rep who was meeting other Rhone cruisers at the airport was nice enough to give us a ride to the boat. We ate the train tickets which we had purchased but got door to door service. The train station in Arles is just a few yards from the boats. Hope that helps...

Rick

We are ending in Arles and heading for Marseille to take the TGV to Paris the next day -- so we decided to rent a car. Arles to Marseille Gare was only 85 Euros from Europcar, and allows us to visit Aix and Les Baux on the way. [That's for a Polo stick shift; I think there were cheaper cars but we wanted something that was familiar ;)]

We are ending in Arles and heading for Marseille to take the TGV to Paris the next day -- so we decided to rent a car. Arles to Marseille Gare was only 85 Euros from Europcar, and allows us to visit Aix and Les Baux on the way. [That's for a Polo stick shift; I think there were cheaper cars but we wanted something that was familiar ;)]

*Only* 85 euros for a single day? Yikes!