Decent Rate for the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami

funat55

The Intercontinental has been on my bucket list for a while. Ended up at the Hampton Inn the last two trips but I really want to stay at the Intercontinental this next time. But wow, the rates are higher then Beverly Hills. $353.00 a night in February. Since so many cruisers stay there, how do you get a decent rate? Are you all paying over $300 a night? It the hotel that worth it??

The Intercontinental has been on my bucket list for a while. Ended up at the Hampton Inn the last two trips but I really want to stay at the Intercontinental this next time. But wow, the rates are higher then Beverly Hills. $353.00 a night in February. Since so many cruisers stay there, how do you get a decent rate? Are you all paying over $300 a night? It the hotel that worth it??

The Club Floor us a must. You get what you any for :D

I would watch the aggregator website forums that show you how to manipulate the search results to narrow in on specific hotels. If this is for a winter stay, you're probably too early to come across any deal.

We booked there for January with IHG points. The going rate was over $400 a night. No way I would have paid that much cash for an IC property! They're nice hotels most lately most are on par with a Holiday Inn...possibly a step up.

Edited by paulh84

We stayed last March for free and will again for 2 nights next March basically free.

I joined the IHG Rewards Club a few years ago. I have had kids away in college and there has always been HI Expresses near their campuses. Like any rewards program, there are opportunities to earn 'bonus' points. This allows the points to add up quicker. Couple years ago, I also applied for the IHG credit card when they had a promo to 'get' 50,000 points with the first use of the card. This bonus along with the points I had allowed us to stay at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Seattle pre-cruise for 4 nights....FREE.... over Labor Day Weekend. Now, the credit card does carry an annual fee ($49) but I 'get' 1 free night at any of the IHG family of properties. So, for 2016, I am using 35,000 points for 1 night and my CC free night for the 2nd night. Not a bad deal for the $49 annual fee.

I will caution though that rewards nights in popular times can book up quickly.

I have seen many comments on here and the IHG Hotel Review pages where lots of people are getting 'free' nights at some of the pricier places.

Last year we cruised from San Juan and used our annual free night for one night post cruise at the IC there. Didn't have enough points to do 2 nights pre-cruise at the property and 'bid' on Priceline and 'got' the IC for those 2 nights for $105/night. Not a bad price when the hotel was going for $250+ on their site. That is a fabulous property and if/when I sail from San Juan again, will stay there. Loved that property.

Good Luck.

The Club Floor us a must. You get what you any for :D

Just curious....

I booked a double/double club level for two nights in September......got a great price, too!

I'm having problems finding out exactly what's so good about the club level.....can you give me any information?

Here is the description I got when I booked my room. They solicit your interest of being offered upgrades at a cost at check in if better rooms are available.

1 King Bed Club Level , 408 sq. ft.

Excellent exposures of the Port to the North, the Bay to the East and the City Skyline to the West.

Offers continental breakfast, tea, coffee and soft drinks all day.

Complementary hors d’ oeuvres and cocktails in the evening.

Two persons per room, each additional guest will be charged $25.00.

The base price for this is currently $34 (down from $50). We have 3 and a roll away bed is also extra on top of the up charge. Not worth it for us.

They have a whole range of potential upgrades if the rooms go unsold. From $14 for port view to $780 for the presidential suite. We can live with a pool view on a lower floor.

Edited by Normal 1

We are going in September so a much cheaper time of year, but we used a popular bidding site and just booked the 4 star hotel listed in the downtown miami area. Or maybe 4.5 star, can't remember. Anyway, we are staying both one night pre and post cruise and we got them both for under $125 each.

Here is the description I got when I booked my room. They solicit your interest of being offered upgrades at a cost at check in if better rooms are available.

1 King Bed Club Level , 408 sq. ft.

Excellent exposures of the Port to the North, the Bay to the East and the City Skyline to the West.

Offers continental breakfast, tea, coffee and soft drinks all day.

Complementary hors d’ oeuvres and cocktails in the evening.

Two persons per room, each additional guest will be charged $25.00.

The base price for this is currently $34 (down from $50). We have 3 and a roll away bed is also extra on top of the up charge. Not worth it for us.

They have a whole range of potential upgrades if the rooms go unsold. From $14 for port view to $780 for the presidential suite. We can live with a pool view on a lower floor.

Thanks! I don't think I got that when I booked....may have...:o

Just curious....

I booked a double/double club level for two nights in September......got a great price, too!

I'm having problems finding out exactly what's so good about the club level.....can you give me any information?

Cut/copy/paste

Club Level

Spacious luxurious guest rooms with contemporary amenities and decor offering access to the Club InterContinental® Lounge on the 29th floor. Complimentary services and amenities include continental breakfast, beverages throughout the day and hors d'oeuvres in the evening hours, high speed internet and health club privileges.

King Bed

Two Double Beds

Oversized windows, with stunning views of downtown and Biscayne Bay

High-speed Internet access, both wireless and wired

European marble bathrooms

Agraria toiletries in all bathrooms

Flat panel TVs in all guestrooms

In-room pay-per-view movies

Premium HD cable and satellite television including TV Globo International

Video checkout

24-hour room service

In-room safe

Laundry and valet services

Oversized desk

Phone with voicemail

Mini bar

Iron and ironing board

Alarm clock radio with iPhone & iPad dock

Coffeemaker

Hair dryer

IHG® Rewards Club frequent guest program

READ LESS -

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed here last time (June Cruise) and loved it. Kids want to stay again. This time we are going during spring break in March. LMT has the room for over $350 plus taxes. (Last time we got for about $150)

So, I ended up booking the Holiday Inn POM which is close by for $160 plus tax. Did this off LMT also. It is refundable up til 4 days prior so I will keep checking to see if any deals come out closer to the cruise date - but at least we have something. I know spring break can get pricey.