VFIP Benefits

jsscuba2

Even though we're already Diamond, I think there should be a level between Platinum and Diamond because 125 days is a big stretch.

For the Diamond level, I would like to see some free internet time and make the one time perks of free specialty dining and category upgrades on every cruise not just once in a lifetime. Or it could be a discount on cabins like Royal has. Free drinks every night would be nice too. Oh, and bring back the free slot tournament.

Even though we're already Diamond, I think there should be a level between Platinum and Diamond because 125 days is a big stretch.

For the Diamond level, I would like to see some free internet time and make the one time perks of free specialty dining and category upgrades on every cruise not just once in a lifetime. Or it could be a discount on cabins like Royal has. Free drinks every night would be nice too. Oh, and bring back the free slot tournament.

Oh and a free 1 hr shopping spree in the Jewelry Store, and 2 free bottle of liquor from the fun shops, and our own dedicated elevator......SMH.....

I'd like to see lots of things but be real......(and humble)

I don't think we need to get all of that but it was asked what we would like to see. It would be nice if Carnival would have its' top perks comparable to what other lines have.

Realistically, it could be a free specialty dinner every x number of cruises or a percentage discount off of the cruise.

I also agree there should be a level between platinum and diamond.

Also BRING BACK THE FUTURE CRUISE CERTIFICATE!! I am not ready to book my next cruise while on a cruise ( by husbands orders! :rolleyes:) but I would buy a couple certificates for future use!!

As a fellow diamond would like it but realistically dont see it happening. Since Princess gives free internet time wish CCL would do the same.

I need to make another comment to robtoby.

There are a lot of nice perks when you reach Platinum at 75 days. It takes another 125 days to reach Diamond status and the perks pretty much are the same with the exception of the two one time forever perks of a free specialty dinner and an upgrade, plus the Diamond event which varies widely among the ships. I think that for more than 1 1/2 times the Platinum days there should be more and/or better perks for becoming Diamond.

I don't know about being humble but I am very grateful that we can cruise as much as we do and I wouldn't put someone down just because they are Platinum, or for that matter, red or gold. Everyone has to start somewhere and the joy of cruising is a nice perk in itself. My point is that if there is a loyalty program to get customers to stay with your brand then the perks should reflect that. It's been speculated that Carnival wants to attract more first time cruisers and is not that concerned about repeat passengers. I think the loyalty program supports that theory and that's why a lot of Diamond, and even Platinum, guests are branching out to other lines. We happen to like Carnival mostly because of the great people that we have met on board. Yes, I am talking about the staff and crew and they are what makes the cruise for us.

I don't know what your status is but keep cruising.

Linda

I also agree there should be a level between platinum and diamond.

Also BRING BACK THE FUTURE CRUISE CERTIFICATE!! I am not ready to book my next cruise while on a cruise ( by husbands orders! :rolleyes:) but I would buy a couple certificates for future use!!

We book a dummy cruises when we sail. I book the shortest, furthest out sailing available using PAST GUEST RATE only. (In February, we booked a three day cruise for April 2017. We have NO intention of taking that cruise.) I watch and wait and when the perfect cruise comes along, I call my PVP to transfer the booking to the new sailing. I do pay the additional deposit amount and the obc adjusts according to the length of the new cruise. I have cancelled a couple of dummy bookings with no issues and received a full refund of the deposit paid.

I would also like to see the free specialty dining and cabin upgrade given more than just one time when someone is Diamond. In general, Carnival benefits, especially for their Diamond level cruisers who are their top cruisers are lacking compared to most other cruise lines. Back in November of 2014, CEO Arnold Donald mentioned that, "Definitely plans are in the works for a loyalty program that would cut across the nine brands. We do not have that ready yet, but it's coming down the pike." I would like to hear more about this, but first I guess we must find out how long this "pike" is, since it has been over 7 months since he made that statement.

I too think there should be another level between platinum and diamond. I think the proposed level between platinum and diamond should have the free happy hour drinks and balcony discounts that RCL has.

Diamond needs more perks than exist right now. Perhaps as Royal does be able to pick some of your gifts such as bottle of wine/champagne or whatever. Discount in dining rooms I think would also be appropriate.

I would also like to see the free specialty dining and cabin upgrade given more than just one time when someone is Diamond. In general, Carnival benefits, especially for their Diamond level cruisers who are their top cruisers are lacking compared to most other cruise lines. Back in November of 2014, CEO Arnold Donald mentioned that, "Definitely plans are in the works for a loyalty program that would cut across the nine brands. We do not have that ready yet, but it's coming down the pike." I would like to hear more about this, but first I guess we must find out how long this "pike" is, since it has been over 7 months since he made that statement.

If that is implemented, I wonder if they would combine days / points currently held by a single person across multiple brands.

If my loyalty points stacked from each brand, I'd be higher for that combined, cumulative number than I am now for any individual cruise line.

Wonder how that will work.

As a retired Computer Engineer, and a Diamond member, the LAST thing I want to do on a cruise is get on a computer, so I couldn't care less about free internet. I would like to see a discount of 5 or 10% for Diamond members, on all Carnival cruises. Free, or heavily discounted specialty restaurants would also be a nice perk. :cool:

"SKY"

Balcony discounts like Royal has....amounts vary by loyalty level and length of cruise. I am a Diamond Plus and on a 7 night cruise I receive a $250 discount on balcony or above cabin. To me the discount is the best loyalty perk.