Didn't pay attention

jeniceglassman

When we board on 8/22 I have 70 days,beloved hubby 66. Do I turn plat next cruise or this one? Purchased FTTF, know he would not get invite, but would pack lighter if I received laundry perk. Assist Please? & Thank You:confused:

Upon checking in you will indeed receive a Platinum S&S card and all the perks afforded the level. You no longer need FTTF. You'll be able to have three bags of laundry washed, dried, folded, and delivered to you cabin, courtesy of Carnival. :D (One of our favorite perks. We brought four days worth of clothes on our 13 day Panama Canal cruise.)

If 5 days or longer cruise welcome to world of platinum:)

I would slip steward a few bucks and bet he wouldnt mind you adding some of hubbies clothes

Since the cabin steward only takes the bag of dirty laundry off the bed, brings it to the laundry room, and returns the bag of clean laundry at the end of the day, slipping him/her a few bucks accomplishes nothing. He/she does not actually handle the laundry.

I've had the perk for a long time...used once, never again. Tagged clothes not to be dried in dryer, EVERYTHING was put in dryer....needless to say things were jacked up. Something's didn't even look like they had been washed, yuck.. Lesson learned. [emoji17] This was my experience maybe it'll be better for you..

Edited by volmoma

I've had the perk for a long time...used once, never again. Tagged clothes not to be dried in dryer, EVERYTHING was put in dryer....needless to say things were jacked up. Something's didn't even look like they had been washed, yuck.. Lesson learned. [emoji17] This was my experience maybe it'll be better for you..

I do not send my good undies or good tops to the laundry. However, my cotton nighty & capris + socks have come back fine.

When we board on 8/22 I have 70 days,beloved hubby 66. Do I turn plat next cruise or this one? Purchased FTTF, know he would not get invite, but would pack lighter if I received laundry perk. Assist Please? & Thank You:confused:

You will not need FTTF since you'll be Platinum on this cruise. Even though your hubby will be Gold, why don't you try to get your money back for the FTTF?

Congratulations on becoming Platinum. As far as laundry is concerned. I learned long ago that if I want my clothes to remain the size they were, not to send them to the laundry. Most of my clothes are all cotton and I have had pants ruined by washing them on the ship as they use really hot water and dry them to death.

My husband would send his clothes and some of his shorts did shrink, but I felt they were too big to start with, so that was good for him. In addition the clothes sent came back folded and they were squashed down so they weren't looking that great.

I think for men's tee shirts, underwear and socks it's a great service, but not for my things.

Congratulations on becoming Platinum. As far as laundry is concerned. I learned long ago that if I want my clothes to remain the size they were, not to send them to the laundry. Most of my clothes are all cotton and I have had pants ruined by washing them on the ship as they use really hot water and dry them to death.

My husband would send his clothes and some of his shorts did shrink, but I felt they were too big to start with, so that was good for him. In addition the clothes sent came back folded and they were squashed down so they weren't looking that great.

I think for men's tee shirts, underwear and socks it's a great service, but not for my things.

Exactly....thanks for the backup. LOL

Cancel FTTF as you won't be needing it and if you are part of a Roll Call, I might suggest giving them a heads up that you'll be cancelling it so someone from there might be able to grab it...

Make sure your boarding pass shows PRIORITY.. Enjoy :)

I would slip steward a few bucks and bet he wouldnt mind you adding some of hubbies clothes

It doesn't matter WHAT clothes are in your bag- you can put what ever clothes will fit into the bag.

I can remember when they changed the game up, I sighed and thought that will never happen! I really appreciate the laundry advice. I'm 5"10 so inseams have to remain a minimum of 32". I will think before I bag! Think the FFTF is worth every penny so we will keep it. Next to do, schedule a cruise so he can catch up.

You could always put anyone's clothes in the bag.

Dad owned dry cleaning/laundries--we used lye to get whites white. Works a lot better than chlorox.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

I can remember when they changed the game up, I sighed and thought that will never happen! I really appreciate the laundry advice. I'm 5"10 so inseams have to remain a minimum of 32". I will think before I bag! Think the FFTF is worth every penny so we will keep it. Next to do, schedule a cruise so he can catch up.

keeping it is a waist of money you will get all the perks plus with the platnum

NO you don't need FTTF and you certainly don't need to pay the $60... Everything plus more is FREE to a Platinum passenger ... Why pay for something you're already getting for free ??

Upon checking in you will indeed receive a Platinum S&S card and all the perks afforded the level. You no longer need FTTF. You'll be able to have three bags of laundry washed, dried, folded, and delivered to you cabin, courtesy of Carnival. :D (One of our favorite perks. We brought four days worth of clothes on our 13 day Panama Canal cruise.)

On our next string of cruises, a back-to-back-to-back or b3b, from November 28 through Dec 19 (21 days), we make Platinum during the last week. I really could use the laundry perk in the first 2 weeks.

Do I have a chance to be awarded the level-up early since it's b3b? Anyone know Carnival's policy on how they count consecutive cruises for award purposes? Three separate cruises or one long cruise?

I'm probably SOL, huh? Though, I have heard that sometimes people get a temporary level increase? How does that come about?

I booked directly with Carnival on an Early Saver fare for all 3 cruises. Each week was booked separately, though the week 1 cabin was switched to match week 2 by a phone rep. so they do know about week 1 and 2 being consecutive. The final week I just added recently when I was offered a 4J (inside w/ window), during a trial booking. Week 3 is a different cabin and was booked entirely online. Should I call and make sure all 3 reservations are linked for consecutive cruise purposes?

We are platinum and send a bag of laundry almost every day. I only send clothes that don't need special handling or care such as tshirts, athletic shorts, socks and underwear. But DH also sends out his khakis, polo shirts, and dress shirts.

We are platinum and send a bag of laundry almost every day. I only send clothes that don't need special handling or care such as tshirts, athletic shorts, socks and underwear. But DH also sends out his khakis, polo shirts, and dress shirts.

Did you pack only one set of clothes that has to be laundered daily?

If you look at your boarding pass and luggage tags, they should say "Priority". The luggage tags should also have the FTTFsymbols. These are the identification that you are Platinum and use will able to use the Platinum boarding and other perks.