P and O error with cabins

smileon

We are due to sail Azura on 22nd August - booked last September while on board a previous cruise. We chose 2 C deck balconies next door to each other ( 2 adults 2 teenagers). Requested "no upgrade" as being next door and the large balcony and cabin position was important to us. We even checked that the balcony partitions could be opened top create a bigger space for us.

Went to print our e-tickets and luggage labels tonight to find one cabin has been changed and is now about 12 cabins more midship next to the laundry. Called P and O and they tell me one of the cabins did not have "no upgrade" ticked and we have been upgraded.

Although, the person I spoke to was very understanding as it was "outside office hours" they weren't able to help as the original cabin has been allocated. I have to call back tomorrow. She agree that it appeared to be an oversight on the part of the person making the booking.

Hopefully, they will be able to resolve the problem and find us 2 cabins together on C deck but as the ship appears to be full I just want to be prepared in case they say there is nothing they can do. If this is the case what do you think they are likely to do?

What compensation do you think would be reasonable for loss of the chosen cabin and the cabins being in different locations? WE already have substantial OBC so we really don't want any more.

Thank you for any advice on how to deal with this. Hopefully it won't be needed and everything will be resolved!

No compensation it was just as much your responsibility to make sure that you asked for "no upgrade" on both cabins seems strange that you say its P&Os fault but obviously the person asked if you wanted "no upgrade" on one cabin but not the other you should have made sure it applied to both cabins when you booked.

No compensation it was just as much your responsibility to make sure that you asked for "no upgrade" on both cabins seems strange that you say its P&Os fault but obviously the person asked if you wanted "no upgrade" on one cabin but not the other you should have made sure it applied to both cabins when you booked.

Made it absolutely clear it was for both cabins- I recollect the discussion going along the lines off " obviously you don't want an upgrade"! Why would I ask for us to be together then ask for one cabin to be no upgrade and not the other? We have cruised many times so very aware of the risks of not ticking the ' no upgrade' box . Even the lady at P and O accepted it was obviously just an oversight on the part of the person booking it. I accept it is just an error but I do know it is their error not mine!

I don't believe there is any way to check this after the booking is complete so I'm not quite sure what else I could have done majortom.

This is incorrect. It is not your responsibility to see that P&O do their paperwork properly.

I'd be surprised if they can't find you two cabins together. There must be other people who didn't tick "no upgrade", hopefully on purpose in their case, and they can move them. You won't get the cabins you want, though.

Maybe free transport to the port? Or you might find yourself in a better cabin than you paid for, after all. Wait until it happens before worrying too hard.

I should phone P&O and follow it up by email as necessary, telling them you are emailing as well. Tell them the new "upgraded cabin" is not what you want and then suggest that they "upgrade" the newcomers to your original cabin to the one you will be vacating when your booking reverts to its original format. Point out you are not happy about having your teenagers twelve cabins away as anything might happen.

Regards John

Thanks everyone

We are all back to our original cabins and been given some additional OBC

Well done to P and O - very happy with how it has been dealt with.

Really pleased that it has all worked out for you. We too book very early to get the cabin we want and would not be happy to be moved by mistake.

Have a great cruise :):)