NCL - if St. Maarten is not on your itinerary I will be sailing with another line.

welove2cruise*

What exactly are you expecting to achieve with this post? Do you seriously think someone from NCL is reading and is about to change their future itineraries just because you are throwing your toys out of the pram?

Yes, I do think they monitor the boards. No reason to get your knickers in a twist. ;)

I always want the Chocolate Shop in St Maarten. I have to get a box to take home but eat them all on the ship. Guess I won't get them this year. Sailing this December on the Escape. Maybe I will find a good chocolate shop anyway.

If they were going to change away an island, I wish that it would be Nassau.

Yep. I've been twice and I wasn't impressed. And I know they have an issue with crime too. http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2015/03/articles/crime/another-critical-crime-warning-for-nassau-bahamas/

Does NCL go to Turks and Caicos? If not, that would be a nice change up from Nassau. Or Key West if they're feeling stingy about fuel.

If they were going to change away an island, I wish that it would be Nassau.

I agree as well! Don't get me wrong - I like new itineraries too. It just seems that they could include different stops on different ships or alternate itineraries so those who have a preference can pick what they like.

I have sailed exclusively with NCL for many years. We cruise twice a year in the fall and winter.

I have already had to book another line for next year as there are no ships leaving Miami that include St. Maarten.

I always purchased future cruise credits but will not be doing so again unless there is a change.

We also happen to be sailing the Epic out of London this October which has been quite a challenge so far.

I hope things change..

We're doing a timeshare this fall for 14 days. I certainly hope I love St. Maarten as much as you! We actually will have an empty unit one week as my mother backed out, if you can travel on short notice...

We're doing a timeshare this fall for 14 days. I certainly hope I love St. Maarten as much as you! We actually will have an empty unit one week as my mother backed out, if you can travel on short notice...

That sounds so nice! I wish I could but we are sailing on the Epic out ofSouthampton this fall. At least I hope! It has been an event with this booking as it is coming out of dry dock.

If you like jewelry shopping stop in at Grand Jewelers while there. If you do..tell Sunny & Mickey hello from Jeff & Lori. ;)

I would love to hear how you felt about staying there when you return. I may have to try that myself.

I love St Maarten as much as anyone else here. (Maybe even more!) But this thread is waste.

There's no realistic concerns to address. Just basically a thought made out loud.

Cruise lines periodically shuffle around itineraries to keep things fresh and interesting. But in the end, the paying customer comes out winning. When NCL sees large amounts of people choosing cruises for their stop at St Maarten, believe me, they will change!

Yep. I've been twice and I wasn't impressed. And I know they have an issue with crime too. http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2015/03/articles/crime/another-critical-crime-warning-for-nassau-bahamas/

Does NCL go to Turks and Caicos? If not, that would be a nice change up from Nassau. Or Key West if they're feeling stingy about fuel.

No Carnival Corp owns the port at Grand Turk. Been there several times, and its nothing special.

That's true about the Loyalty programs especially NCL's - it just not that good depending on whom.

If NCL is not going to St. Maarten anymore on the ships you like - just go with a cruise line that does and Enjoy!!

talking about Loyalty programs, just how many cruise lines have you been on and what do you really know about the loyalty programs and what does loyalty programs have to do with going to St Maartin?

I'd like to see some newer itineraries; how many times can we keep going to the same islands over and over again.

That is our feeling 100%. How about ST Barts or Turks? There are a lot more I can think of, like Bonnair (Spelling) I am sorry some of upset with port changes, but it isn't the end of the world.

We never get off the ship in Belize or Nassau, and would love to see them do Barbados more again but we make the best of what we have and love the idea, we are still able to cruise.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Aside for a place to buy jewelry, what is so great about the island?

We have been there and thought islands like St. Lucia and Grenada were more truly Caribbean. St. Thomas and St. John were very nice. Also, we liked the history in Antigua and Barbados. In any event, the Caribbean is not our favorite cruise area.

I have not read the whole thread but wonder think it possible they may be avoiding St. Maarten because I think they may now be requiring passports to stop there. Do all NCL cruisers sail with a passport? Would they have to get one to sail to St. Maarten?

That is our feeling 100%. How about ST Barts or Turks? There are a lot more I can think of, like Bonnair (Spelling) I am sorry some of upset with port changes, but it isn't the end of the world.

We never get off the ship in Belize or Nassau, and would love to see them do Barbados more again but we make the best of what we have and love the idea, we are still able to cruise.

I so agree about St. Bart's. We sailed there two or three times on Maasdam and I love that island. Beautiful and very high class and commensurately pricey. :eek: Typical souvenir t-shirts cost about $75 each there. :D