Dress for Chops

We finally did a specialty restaurant on our last cruise for two reasons. This was the first cruise we weren't with in laws and two, our TA gave all 6 of us a free dinner. So we chose Chops on Indy dec. 2013. Loved it! Service was great, food was good, and we sat near a window which made the evening. We plan to do at least two maybe three specialty restaurants on our next cruise on OAsis this December. Owe all agreed that we liked a change from MDR . The guys wore khakis and polo shirts. Girls short dresses and me...slacks and dressy top.

Edited by trihawks1

We always tend to follow MDR dress suggestions. If it's formal night, we dress accordingly. If it's casual, that's acceptable too! It's your vacation, enjoy it.

Even on non formal night, we have sometimes got a group, all dressed up in formal wear and partied in a SR, made it a real occasion to remember.:D

We always tend to follow MDR dress suggestions. If it's formal night, we dress accordingly. If it's casual, that's acceptable too! It's your vacation, enjoy it.

Not required though. We have been dining in specialties for years on formal nights (going back to when they even enforced dress codes) just so we don't have to adhere to the MDR formal night dress code.

Hi All,

Despite having cruised on RCCL many times, we have never done a specialty restaurant.

On our Freedom Cruise we have made a reservation. Can anyone tell me what the dress code is?

Thanks so much!

Oh I just cant resist making this comment. I apologize in advance.

Clothing optional is not a choice.:D

Not required though. We have been dining in specialties for years on formal nights (going back to when they even enforced dress codes) just so we don't have to adhere to the MDR formal night dress code.

That's correct. Just saying what we normally do, as we like to dress up for the formal nights.

Smart casual would cut it.:D

These are both right, at least at one time or another and we know Royal can be inconsistent. Since our 2010 cruise we frequently skip formal night and don't go to the MDR on formal night out of respect for those that enjoy it. Most cruises since then have said in writing Specialty Restaurants are smart casual and that is how we dressed. After boarding Allure in 2013 the compass there said the specialty restaurants have the same dress code as the MDR. We went anyway and it was 50/50.

Even on non formal night, we have sometimes got a group, all dressed up in formal wear and partied in a SR, made it a real occasion to remember.:D

Us, too- if it's a special night to us, we will dress up as a formal night.

And I suspect many others do, too.

Funny how people do the specialties to avoid dressing up on formal night, but others will dress formally on normal nights.

It's a restaurant- in my home town- all are ok and welcome. Great suit and tie/formal dress or nice summer casual.

Us, too- if it's a special night to us, we will dress up as a formal night.

And I suspect many others do, too.

Funny how people do the specialties to avoid dressing up on formal night, but others will dress formally on normal nights.

It's a restaurant- in my home town- all are ok and welcome. Great suit and tie/formal dress or nice summer casual.

Yeah, just goes to show that cruising attracts all types with all tastes.:D

We always dress smart casual. Last cruise we were behind a lovely young ladiy wearing Daisey dukes and carrying her beer bottle, happily seated in chops. So what can I say.:confused:

I don't know what they are (daisy dukes) but I can imagine and am too afraid to google it as I don't want those images to be on my PC.;)