Need some quick, brilliant, Brilliance cabin advice

We are on a b2b on the Brilliance in October. For the first cruise, we are in 8588 (an E2 with a little larger balcony, on the forward part of the hump. For the next cruise, we are in 8596, center hump. I keep checking for a miracle that will prevent our having to move, but that doesn't look like it will happen. BUT, just now 8602 opened up for the second cruise - the same type of balcony as 8588 but on the aft part of the hump. Less windy? Worth changing to? I know that I'm making a crazily big deal about this, but would appreciate some input. Thanks!

Cheers,

Linda

My personal opinion....unless you are a night person don't book a hump balcony on a Radiance class ship! They have soooo much music & entertainment going on in the centrum until very late in the evening that the hump cabins are very noisy! I had 8088 on the Brilliance last April & even with the cabin door closed we could hear the music in the Centrum....if you can possibly move forward or rear evn 4-5 cabins it will be quieter...if you are a night owl...then disregard...:D

My personal opinion....unless you are a night person don't book a hump balcony on a Radiance class ship! They have soooo much music & entertainment going on in the centrum until very late in the evening that the hump cabins are very noisy! I had 8088 on the Brilliance last April & even with the cabin door closed we could hear the music in the Centrum....if you can possibly move forward or rear evn 4-5 cabins it will be quieter...if you are a night owl...then disregard...:D

I was just coming to offer the same advice. We also had 8088 once, never again. Now whenever we sail the Radiance class I make sure that we are at least 6 cabins down the hall.

Edit- There is piped music all night long in the Centrum even after the bands stop playing. We could hear that as well

Edited by molly361

Adding my 2cents.....I agree with previous posters about the noise from the Centrum. My family and I just stayed in cabin 7094 on the Brilliance for 12 nights and they were the longest 12 nights we've had on a cruise due to the noise (all day & night until Midnight) from the Centrum. The large balcony was not worth the noise AT ALL. Lesson learned.

We have 9256 aft cabin booked for Feb 27. I am hoping I can figure out a way to keep it but I have 2 kids getting married within the year and 2 kids in college.

But I think it is a nice cabin choice and my price for the 5 night cruise is 1101 total with taxes and port fees.

Will we have noise problems with this aft cabin?

Thank you :)

Hi, we have stayed in 8594 on Brilliance, Jewel and Radiance and have never had much noise from the Centrum. Sometimes when they have a party, like 70's night, there may be a little more noise in the room, but not much. There is a wall between the hump rooms and the area with the elevators and stairs. We also have this room booked for our next two cruises, love the hump rooms.

Hi, we have stayed in 8594 on Brilliance, Jewel and Radiance and have never had much noise from the Centrum. Sometimes when they have a party, like 70's night, there may be a little more noise in the room, but not much. There is a wall between the hump rooms and the area with the elevators and stairs. We also have this room booked for our next two cruises, love the hump rooms.

Would it be forward of me to say that I love you ? After booking these cruises 10 months ago, checking cabin availability pretty much daily and changing both from 8590 (tiny balcony), I was suddenly beside myself over the possible noise issue. Even downloaded a white noise app ! But, your post has made me feel immeasurably better. I was so happy about the hump cabins - then not so happy - now happy again. We will deal with any noise. Thank you!

Linda

The noise in the Centrum has changed on the ships that have the aerial entertainment in the the Centrum area. Brilliance has a new sound system that was installed along with the aerial entertainment making any other activity much louder than it was in prior years. Jewel has not been revitalized so does not have the new equipment and I don't think Radiance got the aerial equipment.