30% off onboard credit?

Jimbo

Get up to 30% onboard credit to spend anyway you like when you make 3 or more reservation at your favorite specialty restaurants( applied day 1 of cruise)

This is a 10 day cruise............just what does that mean? Does that mean if the 3 reservations I book cost $150.......I will get $45 OBC

Jimbo:)

Get up to 30% onboard credit to spend anyway you like when you make 3 or more reservation at your favorite specialty restaurants( applied day 1 of cruise)

This is a 10 day cruise............just what does that mean? Does that mean if the 3 reservations I book cost $150.......I will get $45 OBC

The offer is a bit confusing because of the "up to". With 3 specialty restaurants you will get 20% in OBC. So, for three at a cost of $150, your OBC would be $30. I believe you have to book 5 or more to get the 30% OBC offer.

This thread Speciality Dining questions (30% savings? current USD prices) should help explain it better. See Post #7.

I see now, I have to read better. You both explained it very well.

Does anyone know if the B1G1F offer for DP is still good the first night for Chops on Liberty of the Seas and do they still serve the 18oz Porterhouse Steak Bone-in or has that been dropped from the Chops menu?

Edited by Jimbo

I see now, I have to read better. You both explained it very well.

Does anyone know if the B1G1F offer for DP is still good the first night for Chops on Liberty of the Seas and do they still serve the 18oz Porterhouse Steak Bone-in or has that been dropped from the Chops menu?

The BOGO can be used on Night 1 and Night 2 in both Chops and Portofino. I can't help you on the Porterhouse.

The BOGO can be used on Night 1 and Night 2 in both Chops and Portofino. I can't help you on the Porterhouse.

But you can only use it once though right........ or can my wife book the second night even though we are on the same reservation?

But you can only use it once though right........ or can my wife book the second night even though we are on the same reservation?

Since both you and your wife will have BOGOs, you can use yours the first night and your wife's the second night.

Since both you and your wife will have BOGOs, you can use yours the first night and your wife's the second night.

But we must both order online first right and when we get there each night we can say we want to use our BOGO's and then they can take the one charge off our seapass account for that night right?

The porterhouse is gone.

Sounds like a Bait and Switch, get us to sign up at home and then when we get there they don't have the selection that we saw online at home.......That sucks!:mad:

Edited by Jimbo

Sounds like a Bait and Switch, get us to sign up at home and then when we get there they don't have the selection that we saw online at home.......That sucks!:mad:

Frustrating but hardly a bait and switch. Just the usual incompetent folks that keep the website updated and current.:rolleyes:

But we must both order online first right and when we get there each night we can say we want to use our BOGO's and then they can take the one charge off our seapass account for that night right?

Correct. You can either book on line or book once on board. The only difference now is that they are actually allowing D+/PC Members to use their BOGO coupons on the first and second night. It used to be use on Night 1 only.

Cannot combine the BOGO's with the 20 - 30% off deal.

I think we will just be going the 1st and 2nd night then, not using the 20% deal.

Correct. You can either book on line or book once on board. The only difference now is that they are actually allowing D+/PC Members to use their BOGO coupons on the first and second night. It used to be use on Night 1 only.

How long ago did that change, haven't cruised since back in March on Quantum. We only used the 1 BOGO coupon.

Edited by Jimbo

I know you are not planning on doing this anymore, but for anyone who is, be forewarned. The OBC will only be applied after you dine at each restaurant. We went to Giovanni's the first night on the Oasis and the OBC appeared on our account the next day. We dined and Chops on night 3 and no credit ever showed. On the morning of day 5, I went to guest service and inquired. They said they would call the restaurant and I should see the OBC in 24 hours, and if I didn't, no need to get back in line, I should just call. Long story short, after dining at Solarium Bistro our last night, we still didn't have the Chops or Solarium OBC. In between packing, I was on the phone with guest services 4 times, each time being assured the OBC for Chops and Solarium would be there in "a few minutes" then "an hour" then "after midnight" then finally, "don't worry, the folio on your door in the morning will be correct." It wasn't.

So, on our last morning, before 7AM, I tried calling guest services 3 times. The first 2 times I got hung up on. The 3rd time, I was told to come downstairs. And admittedly, by then, my blood was boiling and I was not pleasant. Thankfully, I was told to skip the line and get someones attention to open up another station. It took 2 more hours to finally get the matter resolved (though I was allowed to leave and come back while they worked on it.) Apparently, simple math is a real challenge for RCL - my OBC was closer to 30% and not an exact percentage. But I figured I deserved a little extra back for my troubles. When I was walking away, I overheard another couple talking to an agent, and sure enough, they had the same issue. Struck up a conversation with them and we were all in agreement that this offer was way more trouble than it was worth. I kind of wonder if RCL only makes this offer in the hopes that its guests will give up on getting the credit once onboard. I would probably not ever attempt to book specialty dining again under this offer.

Understand the 1st night bogo won't count towards the OBC deal. My question is that we will be on the freedom in a few weeks and the California wine pairing dinner in chops is being offered the first night only. Will our BOGO discount apply towards this? Thanks in advance.

Understand the 1st night bogo won't count towards the OBC deal. My question is that we will be on the freedom in a few weeks and the California wine pairing dinner in chops is being offered the first night only. Will our BOGO discount apply towards this? Thanks in advance.

I don't know for sure, but I've not heard of the BOGO coupon being allowed to be applied to the wine pairing dinner.

So just to clarify if DH and I are both Diamond plus then we can eat both nights and use each other's coupons for this BOGO deal?

Edit: Oops never mind I see you answered this question already...thanks!

Edited by fish6