Saxman tour in Ketchikan enough time for shopping

renaissancewoman101

I am planning to do the Saxman Native Village tour through the cruise excursion. The tour runs from 8:30 AM to 11AM. Our ship will be in Ketchikan from 6:30AM - 1PM.

After the tour is done, will I have enough time to take a small look around the city and get some chocolates at Ketchicandies? I am not sure what time shops open around the port areas? I hope to see a bit of Creek Street early in the morning before my cruise tour

TIA

Edited by renaissancewoman101

I am planning to do the Saxman Native Village tour through the cruise excursion. The tour runs from 8:30 AM to 11AM. Our ship will be in Ketchikan from 6:30AM - 1PM.

After the tour is done, will I have enough time to take a small look around the city and get some chocolates at Ketchicandies? I am not sure what time shops open around the port areas? I hope to see a bit of Creek Street early in the morning before my cruise tour

TIA

You have an hour and a half. Do you have any mobility limits? You can walk Creek St in 5 minutes, get to there from cruise dock in less than 10 minutes. KNOW where you have to go to get to the candy store. So, look at a map in advance.

Budget Queen, thanks for your input. I have no mobility issues so I should be able to get around relatively easily. I will have a game plan ready and have the spots I want to hit, mapped out.

I've been told that Ketchikan is a relatively small town so it shouldn't be too difficult to traverse.

Just curious, since we dock so early in the morning (6:30 AM), are there shops usually open at that hour? Thinking of squeezing in a look around the city before my tour at 8:30 AM

Edited by renaissancewoman101

Budget Queen, thanks for your input. I have no mobility issues so I should be able to get around relatively easily. I will have a game plan ready and have the spots I want to hit, mapped out.

I've been told that Ketchikan is a relatively small town so it shouldn't be too difficult to traverse.

Just curious, since we dock so early in the morning (6:30 AM), are there shops usually open at that hour? Thinking of squeezing in a look around the city before my tour at 8:30 AM

There are stores open early. It would be of benefit to you to also know what dock you are at. Since if you have dock 4, you'll need to head back several minutes earlier.