Something OTHER than Stingray City??

chill6x6

Hi!

My girlfriend and I will be in Grand Cayman Nov 11… She has not been to Stingray City but I have(and Rum Point for me). Now I'm not at all opposed to going again BUT…. That particular day there will be at least six ships in port and a potential 15,000 cruise ship passengers. I KNOW most will be going to Sting Ray City…..it was crowded when I was there previously and probably will be even more so this go around EVEN if using a private excursion company.

So saying ALL THIS…. Do any of you have a recommendation for something OTHER than Sting Ray City? Will also be going to HMC, Bahamas on this cruise so will get a beach day there although not opposed to doing another one.

I appreciate any and all responses and I'm sure there are others thinking similarly!

There are watersport rentals on 7 Mile Beach....you might enjoy that! It's not "follow the leader, like it would be on HMC. I'm not much on going the "touristy" stuff, like stingrays, or going to Hell, or the turtle farm or whatever, but some enjoy that sort of thing.

Edited by cb at sea

Might want to check out 7 Fathoms Rum Distillery tour. Sounds like a fun few hours. You can get info on Trip Advisor. Folks are giving it very high ratings. DH and I are planning on checking it out in about 2 weeks.