A (Delayed) Photo Review! Oasis of the Seas: Western Caribbean - 5/23-/5/30/15

Hey everyone! :D

I'm a little delayed in starting this thread, but I figured better late than never! Starting on May 23, we spent a week on one of the greatest ships in the world (My opinion!). I like to think that a photo says a thousand words, and that's the phrase I'll be basing this review on. There won't be much commentary, except some captions for the photos and an explanation here or there of what we did on the ship or in the ports. I'm not one to get into personal info, but I'll say that we are Mark, Michele, and Luke from Pennsylvania, a little north of Philadelphia. We started cruising in 2003 (Explorer of the Seas!), and have been on 9 cruises since then, 6 on Royal Caribbean (our favorite!). Our first cruise was also to the Western Caribbean, but with an added stop in Grand Cayman. We were looking forward to getting back to the ports, especially Labadee.

I don't have all of my photos sorted and edited yet, but I'll have that done tonight. So for now I'll tease you all with a couple of my favorites...

Boardwalk Neighborhood

IMG_0304_zpshgfmifgp.jpg

Beautiful Beaches and Skyline of Fort Lauderdale

IMG_0120_zpsws5kfvvc.jpg

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in Falmouth

IMG_0248_zpst2tjt6mw.jpg

I know that I said that there won't be much commentary, but I'm going to start off by giving a little information about our cruise. This was our first cruise on an Oasis Class ship. We flew down to Fort Lauderdale from Philly on May 22nd and stayed at the W Fort Lauderdale Hotel. We like to get to the departure port at least one day prior to the cruise so we can get into vacation mode.

Cabin: This was also our first cruise in a suite. We stayed in Grand Suite 12660. We originally had cabin 8254, but thanks to Cruise Critic, I knew that the Oasis Class ships always dock on the starboard side, so when I saw 12660 open up, I jumped at the chance. Also, we ended up loving the suite perks. We were a little leery at first if they were worth the money, but in the end, we were very satisfied.

Grand Suite 12660

IMG_0316_zpsk1ht5jll.jpg

IMG_0317_zps4n4bxuk2.jpg

Sorry, no pictures of the balcony or the bathroom. I will have pictures from the balcony though!

Next up: Fort Lauderdale and Miscellaneous Ship Pictures!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Fort Lauderdale!

Our flight left Philly at about 10:30 and we arrived in Fort Lauderdale a little after 1. After the usual happenings at the airport, we hopped in a cab headed for the W Hotel.

The Entrance

IMG_5242_zpslljbmoqt.jpg

View from the Street

IMG_5239_zpsdvvacido.jpg

View from the Hallway on our Floor

IMG_5243_zpsadfqsksb.jpg

I must not have taken a picture of the view from our room. Oh well. It was a partial ocean view.

After getting all settled in, we headed to get lunch.

Steak 954 at the W

IMG_5216_zpstnhme2sp.jpg

Hopefully some people are following along! Please let me know, so I don't feel like I'm doing this review for nothing!

Fort Lauderdale (Continued...)!

We didn't do much on the first day except walk around a bit and get dinner on Las Olas Boulevard with some family that live in the area.

Fort Lauderdale Beaches

IMG_5222_zpsixb4iaas.jpg

IMG_5232_zpsammrbves.jpg

Much More to Come... I'll finish up Fort Lauderdale tonight (including the morning of the cruise) and then I'll move into Boarding and Day 1!

More Fort Lauderdale (Morning of Departure)

We woke up fairly early and out we went to get some treats at Starbucks and walk on the beach. There ended up being a car show, and prep for the "Great American Beach Party" was beginning. I can't say I was upset that we'd be leaving in time to miss the crowds of that party...

The Great American Beach Party

IMG_5235_zpsheiphvwa.jpg

Car Show

IMG_5226_zpsnijbbqoj.jpg

IMG_5228_zpstptq8fss.jpg

I have a picture that I'll post soon that shows the amount of people that were attending the beach party.

I'll post Boarding and Day 1 tomorrow!

Hope everyone is enjoying the pictures and short commentary!

Hi - I'm from your "neck of the woods" (well, I'm in South Jersey, but close enough -- the West Deptford area) and also am sailing Oasis for first time this coming December (110 days to go!) -- never sailed an Oasis-class ship (already booked for Harmony in 12/2016, too!). Pics so far are wonderful. Looking forward to the rest.... I'm obsessed with all things Oasis right now. I also LOVE Fort Lauderdale!

Edited by birdlord

I know that I said that there won't be much commentary, but I'm going to start off by giving a little information about our cruise. This was our first cruise on an Oasis Class ship. We flew down to Fort Lauderdale from Philly on May 22nd and stayed at the W Fort Lauderdale Hotel. We like to get to the departure port at least one day prior to the cruise so we can get into vacation mode.

Cabin: This was also our first cruise in a suite. We stayed in Grand Suite 12660. We originally had cabin 8254, but thanks to Cruise Critic, I knew that the Oasis Class ships always dock on the starboard side, so when I saw 12660 open up, I jumped at the chance. Also, we ended up loving the suite perks. We were a little leery at first if they were worth the money, but in the end, we were very satisfied.

Grand Suite 12660

IMG_0316_zpsk1ht5jll.jpg

IMG_0317_zps4n4bxuk2.jpg

Sorry, no pictures of the balcony or the bathroom. I will have pictures from the balcony though!

Next up: Fort Lauderdale and Miscellaneous Ship Pictures!

Thanks for the pics!

Thank you to everyone for all of your kind words! I'll be getting back to the review soon!

Did you notice many kids at margaritaville? We will be there in April and I am trying to think of something for us to do in port with our two kiddos as we are not taking car seats on the ship with us.

There were definitely kids in the restaurant. If you're asking about the pool area, I'm not sure. Maybe someone else who is more familiar with it can chime in?

Following! We are from the Quakertown area and leaving October 31st for Oasis [emoji4] Thanks for the great review!

We have family that live in Quakertown!

Boarding the Beautiful Oasis of the Seas!

We got a cab a little before 11 and were soon headed over to the cruise terminal. We were in a suite so we had the great priority line and were on the ship in about 10 to 15 minutes max. I've been waiting to go on the Oasis for years, so seeing the exterior for the first time wasn't that much of a surprise (size wise), but the moment we stepped into the Royal Promenade, we realized just how HUGE this ship is.

Sorry no pictures of the actual boarding process...

Boarding the Oasis!

IMG_5248_zpsv9z9a6rc.jpg

We immediately started exploring the ship, before eventually making our way up to the Windjammer. (I know, I know ... "Don't go there on boarding day!!!" ... But it's tradition!)

First view of the Boardwalk

IMG_5249_zpshut6ntb5.jpg

I'm going to move into miscellaneous ship pictures now (I forgot about them!), and then I'll move into Day 1 and Sailaway!

Miscellaneous Ship Pictures!

I'll include some of the usual areas like the Promenade and Central Park, but I'll also be posting a few photos of the lesser-phtootgraphed areas, like the elevators and stairways.

I'll start off with one of my favorites:

Royal Promenade

IMG_0288_zpskcm3az5j.jpg

Another Promenade Shot

IMG_0293_zpskddn1wwe.jpg

Cafe Promenade

IMG_0290_zps2f2w5woe.jpg

Sorrento's

IMG_0287_zpshoifh43m.jpg

Schooner Bar

IMG_0292_zpsmifvnz81.jpg

Aft Elevator Lobby