Westerdam vs. Euordam

roverix

Hi all!

The family and I are trying to plan a New Year's cruise. We are currently looking at the Westerdam or Euordam. The itineraries are almost the same. Which ship would you think is better. We will be a family of 6, 2 late 50's and 4- 20 somethings. We have taken HAL in the past but it has been about 9 years. In recent years we have been on Princess. We always liked HAL and are looking forward to this just not sure what ship to take, prices are similar with the Euordam being slightly more. Any help you can provide would be great.

I have been on the Eurodam twice and going on the Westerdam in Jan.

You will love either ship IMO. The Eurodam does have the Tamarind (Asian) Specialty Restaurant and lots of people rave about it.

I'm sure others will chime in that have been on both. The Eurodam is a little newer.

We have sailed on both. The biggest difference for us is the Tamarind restaurant on Eurodam. It's our favourite specialty restaurant on HAL, so if we had to choose we would pick the Eurodam. (if all else is equal, ie ports, port times etc)

We have sailed on both. The biggest difference for us is the Tamarind restaurant on Eurodam. It's our favourite specialty restaurant on HAL, so if we had to choose we would pick the Eurodam. (if all else is equal, ie ports, port times etc)

Agree 200%! Try the Wasabi Crusted Beef Tenderloin in Tamarind; it's VERY good.

We have spent a number of New Year's on both the Westerdam and the Eurodam. Although, the Westerdam is our favorite Vista ship, we love the Eurodam and that's where we plan to spend New Year's again this year.

Yes, the B.B.King All Star Band plays on the Eurodam--we love these groups. Last year, HAL did something a little different for New Year's Eve, they had the B.B. King Band play out on the back of the ship (Lido Deck) for the evening, instead of the Lounge.

Love the Eurodam!

I wonder if she has the BBKing Blues group on board? Westerdam did, I think earlier this year, and is a great venue.

According to the HAL website, yes.

But the Silk Den for cocktails and the Tamarind Restaurant for Pan Asian food is great on the Eurodam.

For this very reason, I would book Eurodam over Westerdam....but that's only if itineraries are comparable. The ships are so similar that I would pick Westerdam if the itinerary was even slightly better.

Ok, here's a different opinion.

Unless you are in a cabana, they do take up space on the ship.

I far prefer the Westerdam to the Signature ships. At last report, she had the most repeat passengers next to the Prinsendam. she also gets the "new" entertainment first it seems.

I have been on her twice and the crew is happy, the officers marvelous and the PG shone on both occasions. Our first cruise on her was a rare 7 day (for us), the second was 20 days and trust me, on 20 days, things show.

I do like the Tamarind (only available on the Signature ships currently) and the Silk Den, but a dinner or two is not enough to make me choose the Eurodam over the Westerdam.

You'll have a great cruise on either ship, but the Westerdam gets my vote and if you are really lucky and the right captain is on board, you will see and hear the Queen of Horns in action ;)

Kazu, I was really happy to read the good things that you wrote about the Westerdam. Although it is going to take me where I want to go I had some concerns about the ship. Happily those worries have gone away.

Marcia

Kazu, I was really happy to read the good things that you wrote about the Westerdam. Although it is going to take me where I want to go I had some concerns about the ship. Happily those worries have gone away.

Marcia

I enjoyed this too! Leaving in a week for an Alaskan cruise on the Westerdam and had mixed feelings... Reading this was so encouraging! I am really looking forward to it.

I never sailed HAL before but after researching many Holiday cruises decided on the Westerdam because of the price, which for a signature suite was lower than the Eurodam and better priced than Celebrity or RCCl for similar cabins. Any tips for a first timer are appreciated.