Celebrity Infinity Dec. 5, 2015

bobnjeff

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I just signed on for this cruise ... The Panama Canal is on my hit list but, I seem to be the only one of my friends that can take the time off from work in Dec ...So, going single ...looking forward to this! Another friend told me about this site so, I thought I would sign in and say hi! BTW, I am Jeff

Hi Guys,

I just signed on for this cruise ... The Panama Canal is on my hit list but, I seem to be the only one of my friends that can take the time off from work in Dec ...So, going single ...looking forward to this! Another friend told me about this site so, I thought I would sign in and say hi! BTW, I am Jeff

Hi Jeff. Sorry but we have changed cruises. We got a great deal on P&O Arcadia Feb 4th 2016 from Santiago to Sydney. Five guys we have meet on other cruises are still going on this cruise though. Enjoy.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Hi Bob & Jeff ... Hope you have a great time on your new cruise option!

Hi Mike & Vince ... Nice to meet you both, it sounds like we are Neighbors. Just had dinner with some friends in Boston last night. Looking forward to meeting you all. You all sound like you are experienced cruise people.

Hey Guys!

I saw some guy couples on the roll call so I thought I would peak here and found this roll call.

Add us to the New England contingent! We are Jenna and Darlene from Maine. I get down to Boston / South Shore for work often during the summer. This Sunday in Dover/Sherborn but only for a bit. Next week I'm in Plymouth and Hyannis.

We've met many great friend onbaord (most by chance) and some on roll calls, so really looking forward to that.

My partner Dee posted a few private excursions she's planning, we may not be able to fit everyone as we prefer smaller groups but feel free to join up.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna & Dee,

Nice to meet you both and glad to see the New England contingent is growing :) Sounds like you both are experienced cruisers. Thank you for heads up on excursions ... I will look for them and take a look. Looking forward to the trip!

Jeff

Hi Jenna & Dee,

Nice to meet you both and glad to see the New England contingent is growing :) Sounds like you both are experienced cruisers. Thank you for heads up on excursions ... I will look for them and take a look. Looking forward to the trip!

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Definitely don't be afraid to join as a solo! We won't bite!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hey Jeff,

Definitely don't be afraid to join as a solo! We won't bite!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks Jenna ... You are a class act!

Another question for you, have you ever heard of Shore Excursions Group. LLC? I am staying a few extra days in Santiago and I am looking at them for a post trip of Valparaiso, Viña del Mar and then a drop off at my hotel. I am seeing mixed reviews of them on-line. The problem is I am seeing mixed reviews about all options :)

Thanks Jenna ... You are a class act!

Another question for you, have you ever heard of Shore Excursions Group. LLC? I am staying a few extra days in Santiago and I am looking at them for a post trip of Valparaiso, Viña del Mar and then a drop off at my hotel. I am seeing mixed reviews of them on-line. The problem is I am seeing mixed reviews about all options :)

Darlene is more experienced booking tours in far off places than I am, and for Valparasio we joined another group for a tour/ transfer to Santiago so I'm not sure how much help we'll be. Have you tried Viator and / or Tours by Locals? Darlene likes both sites but the tour guides pay a hefty commission to Viator.

Enjoy the incredible weather!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Darlene is more experienced booking tours in far off places than I am, and for Valparasio we joined another group for a tour/ transfer to Santiago so I'm not sure how much help we'll be. Have you tried Viator and / or Tours by Locals? Darlene likes both sites but the tour guides pay a hefty commission to Viator.

Enjoy the incredible weather!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks Jenna!!!!

Hey Everyone!

Wayne and Rodd from Australia here. Really looking forward to this cruise and meeting you all. Can't wait to see South America. Spending some time in Chile, Argentina and Uruguay afterwards. Now to practice some spanish!

Rodd :)

Hi all, Vince here from Wrentham Ma. It's my partner Mikes's post but I just realized he isn't chatting with any of you yet. Don't ask. Anyway, looking forward to meeting you all. We are also staying about a week after the cruise between Vina Del Mar/ Valparaiso and then Santiago. We are old school, got a few travel books, look things up online and will just book our stay ourselves. A bit risky but it's worked out well for us in past travels.

Excited about the trip, the Panama Canal trip is on our list of musts, and we'll be regrouping with friends from Scotland and London, who we've met on past cruises on Celebrity.

We’ve done a good number of cruises, but this is definitely the busiest family roll call I've seen. When we did the trans-Atlantic cruise on Constellation there was a HUGE family contingent, on one of the last days of the cruise, they had a tea dance at the bar overlooking the pool, there was definite more than 50 people there, maybe close to 100. I wanted to go so badly, but we had just received word that our dog needed to be put to sleep as she stopped getting up. I was so devastated I didn't want to be social with anyone, so I just laid by the pool.

While this cruise has an international mix for sure based on the roll call, there are quite a few guys here from Massachusettes, great to see! We have amazing friends from all over the world we've met onboard but none too close. We're planning the Suez Canal with many of them next year, we only see them onboard.

If you haven't made final payment yet, which I think is due Monday? There have been quite a few reductions in price on many cabin categories, check with X or your travel agent if your eligible.

Have most or all of you joined the other roll call? Do we want to share cabin numbers or info here so we can find each other onboard besides at the martini bar? We've never been too successful finding the published LGBT meet and greets but we have no problem chatting with strangers at the martini bar :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We’ve done a good number of cruises, but this is definitely the busiest family roll call I've seen. When we did the trans-Atlantic cruise on Constellation there was a HUGE family contingent, on one of the last days of the cruise, they had a tea dance at the bar overlooking the pool, there was definite more than 50 people there, maybe close to 100. I wanted to go so badly, but we had just received word that our dog needed to be put to sleep as she stopped getting up. I was so devastated I didn't want to be social with anyone, so I just laid by the pool.

While this cruise has an international mix for sure based on the roll call, there are quite a few guys here from Massachusettes, great to see! We have amazing friends from all over the world we've met onboard but none too close. We're planning the Suez Canal with many of them next year, we only see them onboard.

If you haven't made final payment yet, which I think is due Monday? There have been quite a few reductions in price on many cabin categories, check with X or your travel agent if your eligible.

Have most or all of you joined the other roll call? Do we want to share cabin numbers or info here so we can find each other onboard besides at the martini bar? We've never been too successful finding the published LGBT meet and greets but we have no problem chatting with strangers at the martini bar :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna ... I am going to start calling you "Julie" (LoveBoat) am I showing my age :) I like the idea of knowing that there is a good group of us on the trip. I am new at all this but, I am in cabin 8070. BTW, sorry yo hear about your dog. I know it was a while ago but, I know how sad that can be from friends that had to say goodbye to pet members of their family.

Jeff

Welcome Wayne & Rodd and good morning Vince!

Just now reading about the quake ... looks bad for north of Santiago.

Just read about it too, they've actually issued Tsunami warnings all the way up to California! It seems Chile has been doing lots of preparation for earthquakes since their last big one in 2010 and they're quite prone. It must be very scary! I know quite a few people in Chile right now as my high school has a good size trip their with students but all are ok.

It hasn't been covered yet much in the mainstream media :confused:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks Jeff, it was just harder than it should have been as we weren't home to say goodbye and we had to ask the person pet sitting to do it. We didn't wait to long, and new it was time, but it is never easy.

I'm off to Plymouth in the morning for work, it will be a bit of a crazy day. They client had me at the Bradford I think, I look at reviews and nixed that idea quickly! I heard it actually has a "reputation" Not many choices around there. I think we're at a Comfort Inn now? I travel a lot, and the hotels get by, but it's not often our choice unfortunately. Hyannis on Sat night / Sunday then back home.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks Jeff, it was just harder than it should have been as we weren't home to say goodbye and we had to ask the person pet sitting to do it. We didn't wait to long, and new it was time, but it is never easy.

I'm off to Plymouth in the morning for work, it will be a bit of a crazy day. They client had me at the Bradford I think, I look at reviews and nixed that idea quickly! I heard it actually has a "reputation" Not many choices around there. I think we're at a Comfort Inn now? I travel a lot, and the hotels get by, but it's not often our choice unfortunately. Hyannis on Sat night / Sunday then back home.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I know .... Plymouth still needs a lot of work :) I am way down by the bridge. You might want to look at the Hilton Garden Inn, no view but, clean http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/massachusetts/hilton-garden-inn-plymouth-PYMMAGI/index.html

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Do you think they will have a "Friends of Dorothy" drinks time in the daily programme as I have experienced on other cruises?

Do you think they will have a "Friends of Dorothy" drinks time in the daily programme as I have experienced on other cruises?

The usually list LGBT meet and greet or social, I've never see it called Friends of Dorthy on Celebrity. Occasionally its posted at guest relations and not in the program. This event seems to be un hosted and at bar open to everyone so sometimes it's hard to find. That could be a function of the fact I often enjoy being fashionably late and don't always have working radar.

Is three guys drinking at a bar and event or the start of a joke?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hello all

We are Thom and Brian from Toronto. We are cruising with friends from NC.

In the past few cruises we sailed, we have unofficially moved the LGBT meet & greet to Cellar Masters. It is a much nicer space to comfortably sit and chat; it is also easier to find each other compared to the crowded Martini Bar. We've asked Celebrity to move the meet & greet from the Martini Bar to Cellar Masters, but the requests have always been ignored. However, through word of mouth, usually by the third day everybody knows of the new location.

Looking forward to meeting everybody on board!

Thom

I started another one since I could not see this one. AS I SAID ABOUT COFFEE.

Hey Vince and Mike.

Thanks for pointing this one out to me Thom.

I agree about moving to a place where we can chat etc. I'll read these now and catch up.

For those who have not done the canal before............it is amazing. This is from someone who does not like to get up before the sun comes up. And for the canal, one should get upstairs early. :eek:

226593564_1bryanlogo.jpg.1b88c3eb76ea16bc7117446909b8d8bb.jpg

Hello all

We are Thom and Brian from Toronto. We are cruising with friends from NC.

In the past few cruises we sailed, we have unofficially moved the LGBT meet & greet to Cellar Masters. It is a much nicer space to comfortably sit and chat; it is also easier to find each other compared to the crowded Martini Bar. We've asked Celebrity to move the meet & greet from the Martini Bar to Cellar Masters, but the requests have always been ignored. However, through word of mouth, usually by the third day everybody knows of the new location.

Looking forward to meeting everybody on board!

Thom

Hi Thom, Brain, Roger and Bryan .... thanks for posting this, I would have had a big complex thinking all are avoiding me at the martini bar and I don't even like martinis! Looking for forward to meeting everyone in a few months.

Jeff