Celebrity Infinity Dec. 5, 2015

bobnjeff

Hi Jenna!

You postings are great .... I learn a lot, the posts help me understand this "cruising" world. Thank you!!!

Jeff

I am warning you now. IT BECOMES AN ADDICTION! You will think cruising. You will dream cruising. Work will become what you do BETWEEN cruises. :eek:

Run. Stop now. Take up stamp collection. Knitting. Cruising will take over your life. And what a way to go. lol

You have been warned. :D

BRYAN

I am warning you now. IT BECOMES AN ADDICTION! You will think cruising. You will dream cruising. Work will become what you do BETWEEN cruises. :eek:

Run. Stop now. Take up stamp collection. Knitting. Cruising will take over your life. And what a way to go. lol

You have been warned. :D

BRYAN

Bryan,

I already have a number of addictions FOOD, TAB - just the drink from the 70's, bird watching and PBS. I hope the change from white parties and clubbing to bird watching and PBS are signs of me just getting old and not Schizophrenia:) Bryan, I can't afford to add on another addiction but, I can see it happening :)

Jeff

Bryan,

I already have a number of addictions FOOD, TAB - just the drink from the 70's, bird watching and PBS. I hope the change from white parties and clubbing to bird watching and PBS are signs of me just getting old and not Schizophrenia:) Bryan, I can't afford to add on another addiction but, I can see it happening :)

Jeff

My additiction comes and goes. We bought our own boat, so it increases leading up to trips. Maybe I just have it under control when needed

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Can you all tell I am wasting time before my next meeting :)

Speaking of addictions, coffee is on the top of my list and I was thinking about taking the Café San Alberto Coffee Tasting & Historical Cartagena tour. I hear good things about Cafe San Alberto but, I am having a hard time understanding why the tour fee is $185? You all are experts, is this something I can just take a taxi to and do it on my own or should I just go with the cruise group? Any insight is very much appreciated!!!!

Speaking of addictions, coffee is on the top of my list and I was thinking about taking the Café San Alberto Coffee Tasting & Historical Cartagena tour. I hear good things about Cafe San Alberto but, I am having a hard time understanding why the tour fee is $185? You all are experts, is this something I can just take a taxi to and do it on my own or should I just go with the cruise group? Any insight is very much appreciated!!!!

Oh honey. Coffee is blood. NOT A ADDICTION. So that does not count.

Bryan :D

Bryan,

Jeff

I have nothing to say. I did my job to warn you. :eek:

Bryan

Oh honey. Coffee is blood. NOT A ADDICTION. So that does not count.

Bryan :D

See you both at Cafe Al Bacio :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna,

You are making me laugh on the main message board ... You are 100% correct but, I don't want to have to act as your body guard during the cruise. Who know this was a crowd that was quick to bitch .... Bitch before something even happened :)

Jenna,

You are making me laugh on the main message board ... You are 100% correct but, I don't want to have to act as your body guard during the cruise. Who know this was a crowd that was quick to bitch .... Bitch before something even happened :)

They're just jealous, we get to see it first. We'll just all wear socks or slippers so those of you that have deck 11 cabins can't hear us up there :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Back to the topic of coffee and the tour. We've not been to this port to know for sure, but our experience has been at most ports you can arrange for a taxi or local tour group just outside of the ship, and many times at a much cheaper cost. The downside is you may waste some time trying to put it together at the last minute, but we find many of the X cruise tours to be overpriced, so we tend to take our chances and do this on our own. And yes, coffee is king in my book too, so I'll look into this attraction as well. If others are interested, maybe we go together and split the cab fare.

Back to the topic of coffee and the tour. We've not been to this port to know for sure, but our experience has been at most ports you can arrange for a taxi or local tour group just outside of the ship, and many times at a much cheaper cost. The downside is you may waste some time trying to put it together at the last minute, but we find many of the X cruise tours to be overpriced, so we tend to take our chances and do this on our own. And yes, coffee is king in my book too, so I'll look into this attraction as well. If others are interested, maybe we go together and split the cab fare.

Thanks ... info really helpful! I was looking into what the difference is between the coffee baptism at the farm or doing it at the store in the old city and right now I am not seeing .... I am still looking into it and will keep you posted.

OK group… Not that I'm going to be sitting in my cabin drinking but, is it true you can bring two bottles of wine I am bored with you when you arrive? Does that mean I can stop at a liquor store on the way from the airport and pick up two bottles of good Prosecco and bring them onboard? Just asking:)

OK group… Not that I'm going to be sitting in my cabin drinking but, is it true you can bring two bottles of wine I am bored with you when you arrive? Does that mean I can stop at a liquor store on the way from the airport and pick up two bottles of good Prosecco and bring them onboard? Just asking:)

Heck YES! You can bring in two bottles of wine and as much water, juice or soda as you'd like. Beer and alcohol are prohibited to be brought onboard. Usually they'll confiscate anything alcoholic brought on in a port.

Total Wine does pretty big business, it's not far from the port, you can pre-order and have it waiting for you to make the run into the store a bit faster (sometimes).

As an FYI Some cabins will have a bottle of sparkling wine in them as well (Concierge Cabins, Aquaclass I think, and suites. It's not great, but you may be able to have them swap it for prosecco (which I love). We'll have to have a glass on the terrace :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Heck YES! You can bring in two bottles of wine and as much water, juice or soda as you'd like. Beer and alcohol are prohibited to be brought onboard. Usually they'll confiscate anything alcoholic brought on in a port.

Total Wine does pretty big business, it's not far from the port, you can pre-order and have it waiting for you to make the run into the store a bit faster (sometimes).

As an FYI Some cabins will have a bottle of sparkling wine in them as well (Concierge Cabins, Aquaclass I think, and suites. It's not great, but you may be able to have them swap it for prosecco (which I love). We'll have to have a glass on the terrace :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna .... You are fast!! :)

Thank you for confirming… I am in on the concierge level and it is great to know that I can ask them to switch that out for Prosecco. Prosecco I'm a Terrace is a date.

Also, thank you all for taking the time to educate a novice cruiser... I'm very impressed with this whole group !!

Jenna .... You are fast!! :)

Thank you for confirming… I am in on the concierge level and it is great to know that I can ask them to switch that out for Prosecco. Prosecco I'm a Terrace is a date.

Also, thank you all for taking the time to educate a novice cruiser... I'm very impressed with this whole group !!

I've been away from my computer all day today working outside (story later) so I was going through keyboard/screen withdraw. First I caught up on work emails, now I get to wind down with cruise "work" which is not work at all, but only helps to build anticipation I'll keep reading for a few weeks post cruise to keep them memories fresh, then I'll settle into normal life and not post much, at all until next fall when I slow down and start prepping for next year's cruise.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I booked this cruise long ago and we are just now getting around to looking at Cruise Critic posts.

It is hard to believe the cruise is only a month away! Looks like we have a lot of reading to do if we want to catch up on the main thread for this cruise as it looks like it has nearly 800 posts.

Greg and I are looking forward to meeting all of you onboard the ship, hopefully at the FOD meetings.

Don

My husband and I booked this cruise long ago and we are just now getting around to looking at Cruise Critic posts.

It is hard to believe the cruise is only a month away! Looks like we have a lot of reading to do if we want to catch up on the main thread for this cruise as it looks like it has nearly 800 posts.

Greg and I are looking forward to meeting all of you onboard the ship, hopefully at the FOD meetings.

Welcome to the roll call, Don and Greg!

Welcome to Don & Greg as well!

Make sure you read all the posts from Jenna, I learned more about talking a cruise then I ever thought :) Jenna is good.

Also, all the guys in the group have been very friendly and nice ... looks like we have a great group going!!! I am looking forward to meeting everyone..

Don

Hey there guys. Welcome as Liza said. lol. Fun group. Where ya from?

One month tomorrow. YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE

Bryan