Celebrity Infinity Dec. 5, 2015

bobnjeff

Hey there guys. Welcome as Liza said. lol. Fun group. Where ya from?

One month tomorrow. YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE

Bryan

Brian .... you are in too good of a mood and we are not even on the ship yet. Also on the other message board you said you just got back from Cuba ... I am very jealous! That is the next place on my bucket list.

Welcome to Don & Greg as well!

Make sure you read all the posts from Jenna, I learned more about talking a cruise then I ever thought :) Jenna is good.

Also, all the guys in the group have been very friendly and nice ... looks like we have a great group going!!! I am looking forward to meeting everyone..

OMG, :eek: I take it all back, or don't hold me responsible! EEK! No pressure, LOL

Welcome Greg and Don, we sail ONE MONTH from tomorrow, YEAH!! Can't wait!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We are really excited about the cruise as well!

We are from Durham, NC. I am sure we will be on the ship before we know it.

Now to go back and start chipping away at the posts on the other thread for this cruise, with special emphasis on Jenna's posts :) Only about 700 messages to go...

Don and Greg

Brian .... you are in too good of a mood and we are not even on the ship yet. Also on the other message board you said you just got back from Cuba ... I am very jealous! That is the next place on my bucket list.

No, not really. I've always been a bit happy and gay. :eek:

As for Cuba............on my bucket list since I was 16 years old. Just 10 years ago. I SAID 10 YEARS AGO!!!! :mad:

Now, I'm not one of those people who invites others over to see the vacation pics and vids and lock them in a room for 32 hours with stale pop-corn and no bathroom breaks. HOWEVER...........if you say pretty please with a cherry on top, I just might show you my I-pad with the photos and videos. No worry. I have the slide show on FAST!

EVIL GRIN

Bryan

Just 3 weeks till we fly up and over to the USA to start our holiday and 4 weeks to the cruise. Can't believe it's nearly here. Only been waiting almost a year. Woo hoo. Also just booked a Mediterranean cruise for September so another countdown begins.. Ahhh (first world problems I know)

No, not really. I've always been a bit happy and gay. :eek:

As for Cuba............on my bucket list since I was 16 years old. Just 10 years ago. I SAID 10 YEARS AGO!!!! :mad:

Now, I'm not one of those people who invites others over to see the vacation pics and vids and lock them in a room for 32 hours with stale pop-corn and no bathroom breaks. HOWEVER...........if you say pretty please with a cherry on top, I just might show you my I-pad with the photos and videos. No worry. I have the slide show on FAST!

EVIL GRIN

Bryan

I leave for Cuba a week after getting back from this cruise. Did you do the Lois Crystal cruise or another way?

I'm not sure if I want to see your pics in advance, or see for myself when I go!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I leave for Cuba a week after getting back from this cruise. Did you do the Lois Crystal cruise or another way?

I'm not sure if I want to see your pics in advance, or see for myself when I go!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

No cruise. I did it all myself. Flew to Havana and stayed IN Havana the entire time. Loved it.

Good point. See it yourself I think is probably best. Just don't drink the water.:eek: lol

Bryan

No cruise. I did it all myself. Flew to Havana and stayed IN Havana the entire time. Loved it.

Good point. See it yourself I think is probably best. Just don't drink the water.:eek: lol

Bryan

I only get two days in Havanah.

Noted, RE water.

Oh, my cruise is on the big gay boat, well, not really, but I think there are like 150 or 200 family sailing to Cuba. It should be interesting!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I only get two days in Havanah.

Noted, RE water.

Oh, my cruise is on the big gay boat, well, not really, but I think there are like 150 or 200 family sailing to Cuba. It should be interesting!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I want to go!!! Is there still space? I will just tell my clients I got the flew on this cruise and that I am home sick ... As long as I have internet, they will never know :)

I want to go!!! Is there still space? I will just tell my clients I got the flew on this cruise and that I am home sick ... As long as I have internet, they will never know :)

Sorry. Looks like it's sold out :(

It's not letting me post the link just search gay Cuba cruise :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Sorry. Looks like it's sold out :(

It's not letting me post the link just search gay Cuba cruise :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

What a class act to check! That is probably for the best as I really should be working after taking the month of December off :-)

i am so happy. there is a little tear in my eye!

:D

Celebrity Cruises Swaps Formal Nights for Evening Chic

November 9, 2015

Star Breeze in Portofino

(9 a.m. EST) -- Jackets and ties no longer will be required in the main dining room on select nights onboard a Celebrity Cruises sailing. The line is replacing formal nights across its fleet with more relaxed "evening chic" nights, starting in December.

The new dress code, which the line calls evening chic, is dressier than the "smart casual" attire recommended for most evenings but less dressy than formal attire. The change, driven by the line's evolving passenger mix, is designed to enable passengers to express their own sense of sophistication, Brian Abel, vice president of hotel operations for Celebrity Cruises told Cruise Critic exclusively. Where one couple might feel most glamorous in a tuxedo and gown, another might feel more elegant in a sport jacket and designer black jeans and a flirty sundress.

"As we're watching our guests, we see this is how they're vacationing. They are becoming more casual but at the same time, still sophisticated," Abel added. "They still want great food and great service, but they want to experience it in a more relaxed, casual way."

There is such a thing as too casual though. While designer-looking jeans will be acceptable, ripped jeans will not; nor will shorts and t-shirts be permitted in the dining room on evening chic nights.

Other long-time formal night traditions are evolving. Sparkling wine at the Captain's Reception will no longer be de rigeur; instead drinks (still free) will depend on your cruise destination. Sailing in the Caribbean, you might be treated to mojitos. Journeying through the Mediterranean? Bellinis might be passed around. (Sparkling wine will always be available for those who just can't go without, Abel said.)

Portrait opportunities on evening chic nights also will be expanded, with locations opened up on the Lawn Club (on Solstice-class ships) and other sophisticated venues. Another popular formal night tradition that will be expanded with evening chic nights is officer-hosted dining tables. But where previously only a Captain's Table was available, there will now be tables hosted by several officers ranking three stripes and above, such as the hotel director or guest relations manager, and tables will be at multiple dining venues on the ship.

"This gives more of our guests the opportunity to wine and dine with our officers," Abel said.

And have no fear, Abel emphasized: One of the most popular formal night traditions isn't going anywhere -- lobster will still be available on the menu on all evening chic nights.

Evening chic nights will be offered twice on sailings of seven nights or longer. They will roll out to the fleet, except onboard Celebrity Xpedition, on all sailings beginning on or after December 4.

We dress pretty (pun partially intended) "chic" everything. Dee is a bit upset as we don't dress up much so we like to in cruises...one reason we cruise. She's threatening to look at other lines and we've been pretty loyal to celebrity lately. I'm ambivalent. I'll wear what I want.

We're obviously not typical lesbians...typical anything really.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

i am so happy. there is a little tear in my eye!

:D

Celebrity Cruises Swaps Formal Nights for Evening Chic

November 9, 2015

Star Breeze in Portofino

(9 a.m. EST) -- Jackets and ties no longer will be required in the main dining room on select nights onboard a Celebrity Cruises sailing. The line is replacing formal nights across its fleet with more relaxed "evening chic" nights, starting in December.

The new dress code, which the line calls evening chic, is dressier than the "smart casual" attire recommended for most evenings but less dressy than formal attire. The change, driven by the line's evolving passenger mix, is designed to enable passengers to express their own sense of sophistication, Brian Abel, vice president of hotel operations for Celebrity Cruises told Cruise Critic exclusively. Where one couple might feel most glamorous in a tuxedo and gown, another might feel more elegant in a sport jacket and designer black jeans and a flirty sundress.

"As we're watching our guests, we see this is how they're vacationing. They are becoming more casual but at the same time, still sophisticated," Abel added. "They still want great food and great service, but they want to experience it in a more relaxed, casual way."

There is such a thing as too casual though. While designer-looking jeans will be acceptable, ripped jeans will not; nor will shorts and t-shirts be permitted in the dining room on evening chic nights.

Other long-time formal night traditions are evolving. Sparkling wine at the Captain's Reception will no longer be de rigeur; instead drinks (still free) will depend on your cruise destination. Sailing in the Caribbean, you might be treated to mojitos. Journeying through the Mediterranean? Bellinis might be passed around. (Sparkling wine will always be available for those who just can't go without, Abel said.)

Portrait opportunities on evening chic nights also will be expanded, with locations opened up on the Lawn Club (on Solstice-class ships) and other sophisticated venues. Another popular formal night tradition that will be expanded with evening chic nights is officer-hosted dining tables. But where previously only a Captain's Table was available, there will now be tables hosted by several officers ranking three stripes and above, such as the hotel director or guest relations manager, and tables will be at multiple dining venues on the ship.

"This gives more of our guests the opportunity to wine and dine with our officers," Abel said.

And have no fear, Abel emphasized: One of the most popular formal night traditions isn't going anywhere -- lobster will still be available on the menu on all evening chic nights.

Evening chic nights will be offered twice on sailings of seven nights or longer. They will roll out to the fleet, except onboard Celebrity Xpedition, on all sailings beginning on or after December 4.

Thanks for posting Bryan .... I am glad I don't have to pack a suite I live in each day. (sorry Jenna) But, I will be in 'chic" blazers.

Thanks for posting Bryan .... I am glad I don't have to pack a suite I live in each day. (sorry Jenna) But, I will be in 'chic" blazers.

Oh, it's ok. There have always been a mix of slobs to chic, this just starts a decline towards the bottom. Based on averages, I'm not too worried about the guys posting here. Gay men generally outshine their straight counterparts ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We dress pretty (pun partially intended) "chic" everything. Dee is a bit upset as we don't dress up much so we like to in cruises...one reason we cruise. She's threatening to look at other lines and we've been pretty loyal to celebrity lately. I'm ambivalent. I'll wear what I want.

We're obviously not typical lesbians...typical anything really.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna. Well there goes my vision of tool belt, power tools and Doc M's. lol

All ships lines are heading this way. Even Cunard has relaxed their dress code and all hell has broken loose. Demographics. Business. This is a business that feeds upon itself. It needs new people every day. And the younger demographic does not like to dress. BUSINESS.

Bryan

Jenna. Well there goes my vision of tool belt, power tools and Doc M's. lol

All ships lines are heading this way. Even Cunard has relaxed their dress code and all hell has broken loose. Demographics. Business. This is a business that feeds upon itself. It needs new people every day. And the younger demographic does not like to dress. BUSINESS.

Bryan

Carhartts and power tools and danskos are for work, not vacation :D

It's certainly not only the way of the cruise lines, it's they way of the world. As cruise ships got bigger, less exclusive it was bound to happen. Anything a cruise line did to turn off any passengers, especially younger ones was bound to evolve.

I'm pretty ambivalent, but Dee is more mad. Except for the name, there isn't really any difference in Smart Casual vs Chic. Let's be real, how many will look chic? Who decides what jean qualify and what don't. *shrug*. Except for work, I'm generally dressier than others anyway.

She actually said, if we weren't paid already she would have cancelled the cruise :eek: I think she is over-reacting a bit (don't tell her I said that).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Carhartts and power tools and danskos are for work, not vacation :D

It's certainly not only the way of the cruise lines, it's they way of the world. As cruise ships got bigger, less exclusive it was bound to happen. Anything a cruise line did to turn off any passengers, especially younger ones was bound to evolve.

I'm pretty ambivalent, but Dee is more mad. Except for the name, there isn't really any difference in Smart Casual vs Chic. Let's be real, how many will look chic? Who decides what jean qualify and what don't. *shrug*. Except for work, I'm generally dressier than others anyway.

She actually said, if we weren't paid already she would have cancelled the cruise :eek: I think she is over-reacting a bit (don't tell her I said that).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I am really glad now that we did cancel. We are giving P&O a try in Feb. All adult ship too. Looking forward to a new experience.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Hi all, sorry but I am with Bryan on this- it's a business decision that I for one could care less about. You're on vacation... forget expecations and wear what makes you feel good and is comfortable and appropriate for the occaision. Is that such a bad idea? I think the standards of this cruise line and those that choose it will find a happy medium. If others want to "jump ship" just because they think they can't dress up for a few nights, well, so be it, but as far as I can see, nobody is stopping you. Pack your tux and gown and enjoy. I for one am going to put my focus on more importnat issues... like the color of Starbucks new holiday cups.

I am very sad .... how come no one ever thinks I will be wearing Carhartts, power tools and danskos??? I am going to find a carhartt t-shirt and bring it with me! Really.

Tell Dee she is meant to go on this trip just to meet all of us :)

I am very sad .... how come no one ever thinks I will be wearing Carhartts, power tools and danskos??? I am going to find a carhartt t-shirt and bring it with me! Really.

Tell Dee she is meant to go on this trip just to meet all of us :)

Oh, she's going, and I'm sure we'll dress to the nines, but she isn't happy with the change.

For the record, no carhartts and no Danskos coming with me ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna