Fttf (Manually Added?)

BAJABOOTY

Hello all,

We are leaving this Saturday 8/22/15 on the Carnival Valor. We thought we would try fttf this time around.

Being this close of course they show being all sold out:( So I emailed them through and address I found on the board this morning. They just emailed me back saying they have Manually added our name and Booking to the faster to the fun manifest. Nothing new to print out, or update? Just hand this email to the porter and he will put new tags on ect and we just follow the fttf signs (also this will be charged to onboard account. Has anyone else used this procedure? I am someone who likes all my paperwork together prior to boarding, this seems like we are just winging it lol. Thanks in advance

I have not heard of getting it that way?

I'd go into your booking to see if your boarding pass now has FTTF logo on it?

Then you'd just print up a new one if you've already printed out the old one.

There might be luggage tags too.

When we booked our trip we elected air fare with the cruise and could not add FTTF. I sent an email and was told the same thing as you, the cost would be added to our sing and sail account and our names would be added to the manifest.

Since then we have booked airfare outside of Carnival, we canceled it from our booking and then I could add FTTF.

I can't see how this is done. If you don't have the Priority /FTTF logo on your boarding pass you won't be allowed through the Priority lane. There goes perk number 1.

Without the FTTF logo on your luggage tags (which you should print out before you get to the port), your luggage will not get to your cabin as priority (there goes perk number 2).

Unless the porters have you noted as FTTF on their list (which I doubt).

Hello all, I am going to call Carnival in the morning to confirm. I emailed carnival excursions, they gave me the fttf email. I sent them the request, they wrote back with my email attached. I let everyone know what I find out in thr morning and the emails as well as they are at work;)

Hello all, I am going to call Carnival in the morning to confirm. I emailed carnival excursions, they gave me the fttf email. I sent them the request, they wrote back with my email attached. I let everyone know what I find out in thr morning and the emails as well as they are at work;)

Did you look under your "Manage My Cruise" details to see if it shows on your boarding pass/luggage tags?

Did you look under your "Manage My Cruise" details to see if it shows on your boarding pass/luggage tags?

I agree, this is one instance where I would trust the system over someone on the phone. If you go into your sailing and click on "view cruise documents" in the "to-do list" it should show the FTTF changes.

FTTF.jpg.40f7173f405c8a82c1af8a007584addc.jpg

Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it isn't true! I received this email today from the Faster to the Fun department (I had emailed them requesting to be notified if they opened up any additional spots):

Good news! We have manually added your Name & Booking # to the Faster to the Fun manifest. The ship’s onboard team have already been advised and shall be expecting you.

Upon your arrival to port with your luggage, you'll first need to be manually looked up by the head stevedore/porter with the FttF manifest he will have in his possession. Once he’s verified you are on the list, he’ll tag your bags with the proper FttF luggage tags and put all your luggage in the correct FttF cage for speedy delivery. From there, you will proceed as normal… just follow the signs to the FttF check in and away you go.

And your $59.95 Faster to the Fun ticket will be charged to your onboard account. If you wish, feel free to bring this this correspondence to use as your verification.

Any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise!

Best Regards,

Faster to the Fun Team

Carnival Cruise Lines

Edited to add, our cruise isn't until October 2015.

Edited by rlmorrow13
Additional information added.

Hello all,

We are leaving this Saturday 8/22/15 on the Carnival Valor. We thought we would try fttf this time around.

Being this close of course they show being all sold out:( So I emailed them through and address I found on the board this morning. They just emailed me back saying they have Manually added our name and Booking to the faster to the fun manifest. Nothing new to print out, or update? Just hand this email to the porter and he will put new tags on ect and we just follow the fttf signs (also this will be charged to onboard account. Has anyone else used this procedure? I am someone who likes all my paperwork together prior to boarding, this seems like we are just winging it lol. Thanks in advance

I read on another posting that the manifest is only a list of people who want the FTTF. If it becomes available they will email you then.

Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it isn't true! I received this email today from the Faster to the Fun department (I had emailed them requesting to be notified if they opened up any additional spots):

Good news! We have manually added your Name & Booking # to the Faster to the Fun manifest. The ship’s onboard team have already been advised and shall be expecting you.

Upon your arrival to port with your luggage, you'll first need to be manually looked up by the head stevedore/porter with the FttF manifest he will have in his possession. Once he’s verified you are on the list, he’ll tag your bags with the proper FttF luggage tags and put all your luggage in the correct FttF cage for speedy delivery. From there, you will proceed as normal… just follow the signs to the FttF check in and away you go.

And your $59.95 Faster to the Fun ticket will be charged to your onboard account. If you wish, feel free to bring this this correspondence to use as your verification.

Best Regards,

Faster to the Fun Team

Carnival Cruise Lines

So does it show on your boarding pass/luggage tags?

This was the email I received when I inquired about if more FTTF would be available for my last cruise which was in May. It was received a couple days after I emailed.

Good news!!

A handful of additional space for your sailing is in process of being added for this date... should be available in about 2 minutes....

Please act fast, as these too will quickly sell out again. ☺

Wishing you a wonderful cruise,

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Wonder why they wouldn't just do it this same way now? I could see if your documents were no longer available online (like 24/48 hours before your cruise), but I don't understand the point of a list when it can just be added normally if there are in fact FTTF available. But, whatever. Hope it works out for everyone.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I have something like this for my Liberty cruise in November. I had purchased FTTF before they switched ships from Valor to Liberty. When it went to Liberty, I got refunded for my valor FTTF and the Liberty FTTF has never shown up as an option but when I (and a couple others on our roll call) emailed they said they would have us on the FTTF list and they would add it to our Sail and Sign cards. I am hoping this is true....

Never heard of that. Look under your reservations and reprint your Boarding Pass and Luggage Tags. If they don't say FTTF, you don't have it.

This was the email I received when I inquired about if more FTTF would be available for my last cruise which was in May. It was received a couple days after I emailed.

Good news!!

A handful of additional space for your sailing is in process of being added for this date... should be available in about 2 minutes....

Please act fast, as these too will quickly sell out again. ☺

Wishing you a wonderful cruise,

Best Regards,

Tour Operations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Wonder why they wouldn't just do it this same way now? I could see if your documents were no longer available online (like 24/48 hours before your cruise), but I don't understand the point of a list when it can just be added normally if there are in fact FTTF available. But, whatever. Hope it works out for everyone.

I also have a hard time believing it to be true... Once word gets out, whats to prevent everyone from just emailing them and getting FTTF after its sold out? Boy, there goes that "only 15 per cruise" thing AGAIN.. :(

firemanbobswife - that's the same exact email I got when I inquired for friends that were cruising with us...

Hi Bajabooty :)

Congratulations being placed (manually) onto the FTTF manifest for when you arrive (at the) cruise terminal.

Your name (will) certainly be on the manifest for the (head porter) when checking luggage, and your name will also be on the manifest when you're (at the check-in counter) obtaining your sail & sign cards.

Note:

For our Carnival Cruise Critic members inquiring about an email address:

Faster To The Fun email address:

FTTFinfo@carnival.com

The above email was given to me from 'Shore Excursions' after I emailed them at:

shoreexcursions@carnival.com

PS:

They just don't add all FTTF email inquiries to the manifest. They simply assist when possible.

Have a terrific day!

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Best Regards,

Faster to the Fun Team

Carnival Cruise Lines

This is the exact email I received, Thanks!! I look at like this if I get there and I don't have it oh well haven't had it in any of the previous 17 cruises, just thought we would try it. We will just go to the back of the line like normal.:cool:

I did contact Carnival, it was added manually so we will not have anything to print ahead of time. For those of you asking I first emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com with my request, they emailed me back and told me to fwd my info to FttFinfo@carnival.com. I sent the email at 10 am by 3:05pm *(same day) they sent the response. Hope this helps CHEERS!!!