Assault on Indy. Adult guest assaults child guest

Really? You're going to blame this on a cultural *machismo? And you're s//t shaming the girl (presumably also Latina) who probably wasn't even there? Way to place the race card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. please .. get a grip ... look at how this fool was behaving ... ripping his shirt off, being Mr Tough man going after someone smaller ...

And re: this girl .. are you saying 13 yr old girls don't have the capacity to act badly themselves and tease boys?

Its definitely something that happens and I stand by my orginal comment about the uncle acting like big macho papi and the -possibility- of this girl having participated in whatever made this 13 or old boy act stupidly.

One thing some people may be missing here is that this was a man fighting a child. Was the child wrong for what he said? Yes. Children do stupid stuff, that's how they learn from their mistakes and become adults.

This man stacked a child. He didn't find the child committing a sexual assault and use force to stop it. He assaulted the child. He is also VERY lucky he hasn't been charged with a sex crime for what he did.

There was no excuse for what the adult did in this situation. You simply cannot hold a child to the same standards as an adult.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Overreaction by both the uncle and the police for all those ridiculous charges piled one on top of the other.

I had to go back and read the article. but I couldn't disagree more.

Martinez is facing charges that include child abuse without great bodily harm, assault, battery, and false imprisonment of a child

Holding anyone against their will for any length of time can fall into that category, but imprisonment is a strong word in that case, especially since it was a public area.

The way this story is being rewritten here on CC is a little scary. I have no sympathy for the kid but all you need to know is man assaults boy. It doesn't matter who provoked who.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Picture this in your mind. You see an adult with his pants around his ankles holding a child face down into a couch, possibly by the neck, and another adult standing there watching.

That looks an awful lot like a sexual assault in progress. If someone were to walk by and see that there's a chance that man might not survive.

I would be enraged if I were to walk by and see it. Any decent human being would do whatever it took to stop it. On land, where people have access to guns, that would be a quick way to get shot.

The way this story is being rewritten here on CC is a little scary. I have no sympathy for the kid but all you need to know is man assaults boy. It doesn't matter who provoked who.

Exactly. If the uncle was that upset over it he had plenty of opportunity to report it to security over the three days.

I would go as far as to demand to meet the kid's parents and tell them what happened and demand they address it and keep the child away from the girl without a an adult present.

That's as fat as it should have gone.

My example was pointing out that none of us here have any idea what did/didn't happen - the courts will determine the sequence of events and the appropriate punishment. There are people dashing to defend the boy, when we have no idea what else he did. We have no idea how old the girl was, we don't know what else went on. The judge will hear all sides of the story and make an informed decision.

For every slur cast on the girl in this situation, someone else can concoct a story that absolves her. For every one who suspects the uncle was a gang member, I could propose that maybe he's in the military and learned intimidation techniques there. Without any facts both theories are equally as likely/unlikely.

As for the comment about the uncle being shot if he was on land - thank goodness the kind of people who would immediately pull a gun in that situation aren't allowed bring guns on board.

And, to back up Valentyna, it doesn't matter if the girl paraded around naked, it is not OK for anyone, be they man, woman or child to offer a keychain for sex, particularly not to a minor.

Sister of 3 brothers, mother of a boy, friend to many boys and men....having a hard time understanding how a dumb question leads to people assaulting him.

In 8th grade we were doing a group project and I happened to be the only girl. I hosted the one at-home meeting we had, and as one of the dorky boys got there he said something rude and crude and somewhat along the same lines of what this boy said.

I said "ew, gross" and we went on with our schoolwork. The boy spent the whole time turning fun shades of red because he was so embarrassed by what he said.

SO GLAD my stepdad wasn't there to overreact to *words* said by a doofy child.

JMO, but this is the first intelligent reply I've seen on this whole thread.

Another thing that is disturbing is the paper printed a story with so few details! It just leaves everyone speculating

I'm willing to wager that's all the details the paper had. If media outlets waited until ALL the facts were known, there'd never be a report. :D

And, to back up Valentyna, it doesn't matter if the girl paraded around naked, it is not OK for anyone, be they man, woman or child to offer a keychain for sex, particularly not to a minor.

The person that made the content was a child himself. There is a HUGE difference between a child saying something like that and an adult saying it. It's absurd to pretend there is no difference between "man, woman or child" saying it "particularly to a minor". He wasn't some 40 year old.

It was a foolish comment made by an immature kid. He didn't sell her in to prostitution or steal a kidney and leave her in a tub of ice with a phone taped to her hand. He didn't commit some sort of war crime or mass genocide. He certainly didn't pull his pants down add make her pull hers down then hold her face down into a couch.

He made a stupid comment that the girls father made him apologize for and for which HIS father should have taught him was rude and disrespectful.

As for the comment about the uncle being shot if he was on land - thank goodness the kind of people who would immediately pull a gun in that situation aren't allowed bring guns on board.

Yes, it's legal to use lethal force to stop a sexual assault. Thank goodness there are "the kind of people" that would stop the rape of another person, "particularly a minor".

Holding the kid down almost certainly constitutes false imprisonment.

"A person commits false imprisonment when he commits an act of restraint on another person which confines that person in a bounded area. An act of restraint can be a physical barrier (such as a locked door), the use of physical force to restrain, a failure to release, or an invalid use of legal authority. Threats of immediate physical force are also sufficient to be acts of restraint."

Wow! That's an extreme reaction to an inappropriate comment made by a kid. Adolescents say and do stupid things sometimes. They learn from the consequences. He had been made to apologise. Presumably, he had learned that it wasn't funny, and if he hadn't learned then that was not the way to get the interest of a girl he would in the future. The uncle sounds like a 'real piece of work' and the girl's father, not much better. God knows what the 'pants down ' thing was about. Anyway, its clear cut child abuse to me. It would still be a nasty assault if it had been an adult :(

And that is why our prisons are overcrowded and our criminal code is the largest in the world. Common sense has gone out the window. You can cook up all the legal phrases you want, but no one was injured, that is the bottom line. A lecture by the judge and a fine would be sufficient for the uncle and the boy assuming it was a first offense.

The boy? And you know what they say about assUme.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Sister of 3 brothers, mother of a boy, friend to many boys and men....having a hard time understanding how a dumb question leads to people assaulting him.

In 8th grade we were doing a group project and I happened to be the only girl. I hosted the one at-home meeting we had, and as one of the dorky boys got there he said something rude and crude and somewhat along the same lines of what this boy said.

I said "ew, gross" and we went on with our schoolwork. The boy spent the whole time turning fun shades of red because he was so embarrassed by what he said.

SO GLAD my stepdad wasn't there to overreact to *words* said by a doofy child.

Exactly, its saddening that anyone thinks its reasonable to take anyone by the throat, let alone a child. To many posters it also seems its reasonable to manhandle the child around, humiliate him by making him pull his pants down, then terrorise him by pulling his own pants down and pushing the boy down on the settee. Someone here said "I have no sympathy for the little brat" ! 😧 How can anyone justify this behaviour? As for 'no one was injured'. Its likely that boy (who was trapped in the situation with two adults, no doubt feeling totally vulnerable) feared that he was going to be seriously beaten and perhaps even raped. That is enough to cause PTSD, which is a very real psychological injury, at a crucial time in his psychosocial development.

Not hardly.

I also wouldn't call the girl a prostitute but it seems you have no problem doing so.

The act of solicitation on his part wouldn't necessarily make her a prostitute or imply she was one.

You sure do make a lot of assumptions though.

The act of solicitation on his part wouldn't necessarily make her a prostitute or imply she was one.

You sure do make a lot of assumptions though.

He didn't offer her money or anything of value in exchange for sex.

I'm sorry that you're wrong in assuming that a minor victim of an assault committed by a person of majority is somehow criminally implicated in said assault.