Tipping on August Allure Med Cruise

At the end of the day, folks will take whatever they can get. However my understanding is that most prefer USD as that's what they're most commonly used to accepting and have systems down pat for exchanging it already to whatever currency they need.

When tipping with cash for room service, concierge, etc., is it better for the staff if we tip in US dollars or Euros?

Can I ask another tipping question on the ALLURE. We have been changed from set time dining to My Time Dining. I've paid my invoice and tips weren't added and no mention was made when I rang to settle my account. I wasn't aware that if we changed we would have to pay gratuities up front. Everyone I've spoken to has told us to opt out of this and pay everyone ourselves.

Having never cruised before this seems quite a daunting task. Do we tip waiting staff daily? I can see that paying our cabin staff at the end of our week would make sense, but how do we tip everyone else. If RCCi haven't billed us up front as I've read they should have done I"m not sure where we stand.

Are tips added to everything even if you have a drinks package and get yourself a drink, the 'tip' element will be added to your final bill? Sorry for so many questions.

Can I ask another tipping question on the ALLURE. We have been changed from set time dining to My Time Dining. I've paid my invoice and tips weren't added and no mention was made when I rang to settle my account. I wasn't aware that if we changed we would have to pay gratuities up front. Everyone I've spoken to has told us to opt out of this and pay everyone ourselves.

Having never cruised before this seems quite a daunting task. Do we tip waiting staff daily? I can see that paying our cabin staff at the end of our week would make sense, but how do we tip everyone else. If RCCi haven't billed us up front as I've read they should have done I"m not sure where we stand.

Are tips added to everything even if you have a drinks package and get yourself a drink, the 'tip' element will be added to your final bill? Sorry for so many questions.

If you opt out of prepaid gratuities, then the standard gratuity will automatically be added to your onboard account on a daily basis.

I bet our cabin attendant from Romania was more than happy to get his extra tip in Euro. I think we tipped our waitress and bus person (both from the Caribbean and South America) in US Dollars.

But anyway - they are happy with both as they can use the Euro on their free time onshore.

On the Oasis TA we learned that our cabin steward did get some hours off in our one and only port - Malaga. So we gave him some Euro right away which saved him time as he didn´t had to go and change money onboard or go to an ATM on land. He was very happy!

steamboats

I wasn't aware that if we changed we would have to pay gratuities up front. Everyone I've spoken to has told us to opt out of this and pay everyone ourselves.

That's interesting since the vast majority of people I know happily have the tips automatically deducted.