Tiki Beach - Loungers in Shade? Cost?

curious_st

I am thinking about visiting Tiki Beach. On photos on tripadvisor, it looks like there is a nice sized area of loungers that are under shade trees. Can anyone use those loungers, or are they reserved for a special group? What are the costs to enter Tiki Beach? And, what is the cost of loungers?

Are there any reasons that I should not go to Tiki Beach?

They are generally rented to anyone who wants them...and do NOT think the beach will look like the photo...it's an advertisement!!!! On GC, ALL the beaches are public! No charge to use any beach. If you are at a hotel property, they will charge you to use their facilities!

Edited by cb at sea

They are generally rented to anyone who wants them...and do NOT think the beach will look like the photo...it's an advertisement!!!! On GC, ALL the beaches are public! No charge to use any beach. If you are at a hotel property, they will charge you to use their facilities!

Oh dear! What does Tiki Beach look like? I was hoping that user submitted photos on tripadvisor would be realistic.

• 2 months later...
Oh dear! What does Tiki Beach look like? I was hoping that user submitted photos on tripadvisor would be realistic.

Actually, it IS very close to the photo! It is beautiful. We went there on a ship excursion in Feb 2015, but felt we were not able to stay long enough. We will be going on our own by cab this time around. :cool:

We went to Tiki Beach for the day (during cruise) in Dec 2011 and loved it! The chair rental was about $8 each and $15-20 for an umbrella (depending on the size). We told a person working there what we wanted, and where we wanted to sit and he set it up for us. We found the food very overpriced but didn't need much. Enjoy it, it's great! Thinking of trying Royal Palms this time, but wouldn't hesitate going back to Tiki either... similar type of place I think.