Drink package question

If you purchase a drink package on RCI do they make you open the beer bottle/can right away, or do they let you take it from the bar unopened? Carnival is required to open it. Sometimes I like to bring a few back to my room to have on hand.

Thanks!

If you purchase a drink package on RCI do they make you open the beer bottle/can right away, or do they let you take it from the bar unopened? Carnival is required to open it. Sometimes I like to bring a few back to my room to have on hand.

Thanks!

Either way

While I don't have personal experience with this, I did read very recently in another thread about a couple each often ordering an unopened beer, waiting a few minutes (for the time required between orders), then ordered whatever cocktail they wanted at the moment. The post said they like to keep a few beers on ice in the cabin. So I would assume this is okay.

Once a bartender gets to know you, they'll probably let you take it unopened.... But, if they do open it, as for the cap..put it back on, and the "fizzy" will stay for hours!

Edited by cb at sea