What to do in Belize for the day?

Kiwi_cruiser

Snorkeling excursion to one of the cayes, ship or private vendor. Lots of reviews and suggestions on this board.

Cave-tubing, use a private vendor, again lots of reviews and suggestions here.

Maya Ruins, ship excursion for longer distances--Xunantunich and Lamanai; private vendor for land excursion to closer Altun Ha, or ship excursion there via River Wallace.

Shopping at the tender pier or the flea market right outside the gates. Conch fritters and Belikin beer at Wet Lizard on the pier with a visit tot eh Chocolate Factory there for dessert. If outside, look to eat at Bird's Isle just across the swing bridge, with views of the harbor and marina. Anne's Lunch box or Nerries, are two good local Belizen palces for lunch both up near the water taxi stations and swing bridge.

• 2 weeks later...

Mayan Ruins!

Yes, they are an all day tour but if you want to learn about the country, history and people, it is a great tour. We did the Xunantunich tour last week, and loved it. Lunch provided was an authentic Belizean meal in a restaraunt near the ruins. Loved it all.

Stock up on medical supplies at the duty free pharmacies. An American pharmacist owns 3 of them - she is from Louisiana and won't sell you junk. The retin-a (sp?, a facial cream) is about $10. Prices are posted on the wall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I cannot tell from your sail date, which exact date you will be in Belize. September is our month of celebrations and if you land on certain days your options are really limited. I planned to go to an Indian restaurant on the 12th and I am going to even have difficulty getting back to San Pedro because of Carnival, so have to cancel. There is a celebration and fireworks at Fort George on the 20th and another parade on the 21st. If you are arriving after the 22nd then you are probably good.

I cannot tell from your sail date, which exact date you will be in Belize. September is our month of celebrations and if you land on certain days your options are really limited. I planned to go to an Indian restaurant on the 12th and I am going to even have difficulty getting back to San Pedro because of Carnival, so have to cancel. There is a celebration and fireworks at Fort George on the 20th and another parade on the 21st. If you are arriving after the 22nd then you are probably good.

We should be in Belize on the 28/10/2015.

• 1 month later...
A excursion to the Barrier Reef (2nd largest in the world) is not to be missed if you like to snorkel. :)

LuLu

Is there a company that you recommend for this trip? We will be in Belize for a stop in the first week of Jan. There could be up to 8 of us that would like to do this. Thanks.

I have read that some snorkeling tour where you snorkeling in a line and you have keep up with the line with big crowd of people and getting fins kick on your face. Is there a snorkeling tour which you can snorkel on your own at the reef or at the beach and take your time enjoying looking at the fishes.

Thanks

Edited by StrikeEagle

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for a tour for 4 of us. Not all of us are sure we want to snorkel. If we go on an excursion that includes snorkeling, will those of us not wanting to snorkel be sitting roasting in the sun for an hour or more?? Would we be able to go in the water without snorkeling? Thinking private excursion. How many were on your excursion and max on boat?